Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 7:35 PM Last edited by Ms.TeaTime : 27th May 2017 at 9:51 PM.
The Hotel Challenge
This is based on another challenge I saw on youtube, I don't know who created it. I modified the rules and goals to make it more challenging for me.

STORY
You have never been that kind of talented, charismatic sim. Always managing to fail somehow on things: a bad joke spoken on that special woohoo moment, accidentaly peeing yourself in front of coworkers, drawing a skickman after months of effort trying to learn painting... Life wasn't easy for sure.

While thinking hard on what to do with life you received a call: your uncle Joe has just passed away! But not everything is bad news, he left a hotel for you, all yours! Sure, it is so old it could fall apart at any given time... But you thought that maybe if you put a little effort things could work for once, managing a hotel shouldn't be so hard after all. And so you decided to accpept this challenge and work towards being a sucessful sim...

GOAL
Achieve the following while also doing the hotel tasks everyday:
- To master at least 3 "hotel" skills (like cooking, handiness, charisma, gardening for fresh igredients etc)
- To turn a cheap hotel into a 5 stars one

BUILDING
Build a very simple hotel in a big lot with only the basics for your guests to fulfill their needs. The hotel should have:
- 8 bedrooms with one bathroom each
- 1 public bathroom
- kitchen
- dinning area
- living room
- laundry
- (optional) reception

- put the lowest quality needs items
- decorative items are allowed, but the hotel should look cheap
- No alarms!EVER!

CAS
Create the hotel owner with the following traits (God help you!):
- unlucky
- clumsy
- coward
- socially awkward/shy (or other bad/neutral trait if you don't have the required expantion pack)
- loser (or neat if you don't want to check manually for dirty items; use the "clean the entire house" action from the neat trait to make your sims automatically clean everything)
- LTW: I suggest to pick Renaissance Sim

Guests: slob + anything but brave/daredevil

STARTING
- put your household in the hotel using the freerealestate cheat
- set the family funds to 700 simoleons (owner's money, use for books, recipes, food etc...)
- lock the kitchen and laundry for guests and assign each bedroom to a guest allowing also the hotel owner
- get each guest a career (you won't have much time for the guests, choose wisely)

RULES
- aging optional

Everyday Tasks
- clean the hotel, make beds and do the laundry at least once a day
- cook at least once a day
- fix broken items
- no service hiring

Making Money
Check your guests wishes once in a while for this
- only interfere on guests careers if they wish so (if they want to get promoted, leave the job etc); if a guest gets fired/leave you may get them a job again
- befor using the guest's money buy at least one thing they want (if there's not enough money you can skip till you can afford what they want; for example if you have 500 simoleons and wany to buy a 500 simoleons item and one guest wants a 600 item you can buy what you want first and once you reach 600 simoleons you can fullfill the guest's wish); keep guest's stuff on the family inventory

- upgrade the hotel till you have all the fancy stuff on it: gym, pool, hot tub, games room, bar area, BBQ area... and high quality items

KNOWN ISSUES
- sims don't grab all the clothes if you click on them, click on the washing machine to do the laundry
- even with one meal a day your guests will still be hungry if they don't eat on their jobs, so it's a good idea to buy snacks items for them such as snow cone machine, vending machine or even a BBQ; guests are only prohibited to use the stove, microwave and fridge (to cook)

When you're finished, hover your mouse over the hour to see how many sim weeks you took to complete the challenge!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 4:00 PM
I will try this
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 12:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_Real_Jessica_sims
I will try this

Cool
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Mar 2017 at 2:45 AM
How do you lock the kitchen and laundry for the guests? Is this something you just have to keep an eye on, and manually keep them out?
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hosannah
How do you lock the kitchen and laundry for the guests? Is this something you just have to keep an eye on, and manually keep them out?

You can click on the door and choose who is and isn't allowed in each room.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 3:26 PM
I like this challenge but am confused on a few things.

1) you said we can give guests a job but that will increase the money we have, are we supposed to use the guests pay to upgrade the hotel?
2) whats the freerealestate cheat?
3) are we supposed to play as the guests ever? Or only play as the hotel manager?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by callista83
I like this challenge but am confused on a few things.

1) you said we can give guests a job but that will increase the money we have, are we supposed to use the guests pay to upgrade the hotel?
2) whats the freerealestate cheat?
3) are we supposed to play as the guests ever? Or only play as the hotel manager?

1 - yes, but first check if the guest want anything, if they want for example to buy a chess table, you should buy it first and put it in the family's inventory

2 -before moving your household press Ctrl + Shift + C then type "testingcheatsenabled true" press Enter; type "freerealestate" and press Enter again

3 - you can play the guests as well
Site Helper
#8 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 9:15 PM
1. If a guest wants something you were thinking about buying anyway, do you need to buy two of them?

2. What makes it qualify as a 5-star hotel? I've been in cheap motels with a coffee-maker and microwave in the room, free wi-fi, a pool, and a big-screen cable/satellite tv (bolted to the wall).

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
1. If a guest wants something you were thinking about buying anyway, do you need to buy two of them?

2. What makes it qualify as a 5-star hotel? I've been in cheap motels with a coffee-maker and microwave in the room, free wi-fi, a pool, and a big-screen cable/satellite tv (bolted to the wall).

1 - Yes. Think about as if in real life. If a guest wants to spent their money on a potted plant it would be HIS potted plant and therefore you couldn't use it to decorate your hotel

2 - It's up to you really ; make the hotel as fancy as possible