Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 7:08 AM
Default Made an OMSP, can't interact with it once it's invisible. Why?
I am being a total pest and asking this question everywhere and asking everyone I can think of. I'm getting nowhere with this and I'm really frustrated by it all. It's been bugging me since last June, actually.

Anyway, I'm SimPeopleRampage at TSR. I want to make some odd-sized OMSPs. You know, like sizes between EA's counters, dining tables, end tables, and so on. I can make an invisible swatch, but the problem I'm having is that once I place the OMSP and make it invisible I can't interact with it anymore. Does anyone know why this is and what I need to do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance. I'll be sure to give full credit to anyone who can help me with this. And you'll have my undying gratitude, too. :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 9:48 AM
Okay, I figured this out.

I cloned a plant, changed the alpha mask threshold to 0, changed my invisible variant's shader to phong alpha, and added a black alpha layer to my invisible variant's diffuse image. Then I added slots using Orangemittens tutorial at Sims4Studio.com. And it works great! I can add stuff to it and interact with it once it's invisible just fine. I can't seem to put a microwave on it, but maybe I need to change the tuning for that? Don't know. If I figure out how to fix that I'll report back.

Thought I should post what I did just in case someone else has as much trouble as I did. :D