Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 10:39 AM
Default BOND ressources for the Sims 4 clothes
Hi guys,

Is there BOND ressources for the Sims 4 clothes packages ? (shoes, bodies)
I would like to find a way to affect other bones from a sims model when they equip shoes, to be able to lift them from the ground therefore being able to play with shoes with elevated sole. I already created some bu can only use them for poses.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 12:47 PM
Not that I know of. You could try the slot links in the CASP, I guess.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 8:52 AM
I'll have a look at that then, thanks for the potential direction.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 9:55 AM
Okay so I had a look at the packages created by Simmythesim with his height sliders and such and he actually uses BOND ressources.
I'm going to try reproducing that kind of behaviour. Basically trying the same as for the sims 3 just have to find the correct TGI names. I guess I can find that using the xml extractor ?
I will try it when back home and see if I have any kind of success.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 7:32 AM
So I played a bit with that yesterday and I managed to tweak the height slider to make it lift the whole sims from the ground. So that was pretty cool. Of course as the whole sim is lifted (I supposed the instance I was manipulating on the BOND was the rootworld) all the actions are affected.
Meaning that the hands are not touching objects properly etc.
I would need to do it the same way as for TS3 by lifting multiple different bones instead of just the rootworld I guess so that hands connect properly.
Did anyone already post a list of the TGI for every sim bone ? That would really help me there (had a look at the xml extractor quickly yesterday but didn't find them. Have to look again).
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 2:21 PM
If I understand what you want correctly, there are no TGIs for the sim bones - I think what you mean is the bone hash number used to refer to the bone in the BOND. That can be found in the skeleton/rig files, resource type 0x8EAF13DE.

I've attached a zip with the full adult skeleton list of bones with names and hashes, in Excel and PDF format.

Have you tried linking a CASP to a BOND using the slot links? If that doesn't work, this could be for nothing.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS4Bones.zip (398.7 KB, 22 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 4:28 PM
Well, thank you very much That was what I meant with my poor wording :p

No I have not tried yet, cause I am still trying to figure out a lot of stuff here ^^. I am already trying to properly understand how you, bloom and MarkJS managed to make that work for the sims3.
At the moment I want to try to find the same bones to manipulate like in TS3 when it allowed proper interactions between sims while still having the shoe elevated at ground lvl.
Then I will add those bones as adjustment to the RCLOBlock in the BOND ressource used in the height mod and see what's what.
I lack the knowledge to get everything right from scratch so I am trying to re-use what works as much as possible.

I will probably have to look at the script of the height mod as well cause I don't know exactly if it will work with more than one adjustment in the RCLOblock. Well, I will try it anyway and see.
Worst case, I will not link the BOND ressource to the CASP in the package but will create (or try xD) a kinda "slider" mod like the height mod with a command to use to activate the "special elevation" for a specific sim. (in conclusion : the exact same way the heigh mod works )
It is anyway how I do it at the moment. As I said the only problem is that I only moved the sims' rootworld up.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#8 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:51 PM
I see!

In Sims 3, the CASP has a place to link bonedelta (BOND) files so the bone adjustments will be applied when wearing that piece of clothing. It's a list called BOND indices in the CASP.

In Sims 4 there's a list of slot links but I don't think there are any game CAS parts that use it so it may be something they never actually implemented. I went ahead and tried linking in a BOND that should have changed the size of the head, but it didn't do anything, at least in CAS. I could have done something wrong, though. Anyway, a script could work.

I see s4pe isn't showing the BOND offsets in the preview correctly. I'll have to fix that. The Grid seems to be correct.

If you want to try a different BOND editor, Delphy's BoneDelta Editor works on TS4 BOND/bonedelta files if you extract them from the package. Just download the TS4 bones xml I attached and replace the bones.xml in the download with this one. http://modthesims.info/d/372169 (The other tools won't work with TS4.)
Attached files:
File Type: zip  bones.zip (2.0 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Description: TS4 adult bones xml

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 4:15 PM Last edited by zelrish : 10th Oct 2016 at 8:34 AM.
Thanks for the files it helps a lot.
So far I cannot manage to make it work the way I want.
I suppose it might be due to the fact I don't see those :

<bone name="rootWorld" hash="8FE06873" />
<bone name="L_footWorld" hash="A4870F4A" />
<bone name="R_footWorld" hash="B1AAD278" />
(found those in the list given by Bloom in on this page )

Which seemed to be the core of this modification in the sims 3.

I tried using the same hash but didn't have anything conclusive.
I can move bones but I am just deforming the skeleton in game. And they kinda move unexpectedly... (or is it like, wtf the X axis is the vertical one in game? Sure looks like that)

Well, I will keep testing and trying things, see if I have any success

PS : I noticed that most of the bones have the same hash appart for some. but could it be they did not include as many as before ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#10 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:49 AM
TS4 has a different set of bones than TS3. If you use the TS3 hashes the game probably ignores them.

Yes, bone adjustments can move in unexpected directions. I think this is because most bones in the skeleton are rotated relative to their parent bone. For example, a shoulder bone may be rotated from its parent spine bone, then the elbow bone is rotated from the arm bone, etc. If you try to move the wrist bone, its X, Y, and Z directions are rotated by all those parent bone rotations. At least that's what I think is happening.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 3:42 PM
I cannot seem to move the toes on any of the x/y/z axis.
That is kinda not helping me -_-
I dunno if the hash is wrong or they cannot be moved if not along another bone maybe.
Meh
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#12 Old 9th Oct 2016 at 7:47 PM
You tried b__R_Toe__ and b__L_Toe__ ?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Oct 2016 at 8:32 AM
Yes of course. But they don't move. The other bones I tried worked fine. (like the feet or spine for example ; I created quite the monsters in game )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 11:24 AM Last edited by zelrish : 13th Oct 2016 at 11:55 AM.
I kinda found another way.
But I am not sure it is so cool.

Not so cool cause instead of having my sims gain height from the heels, I will lift them from the ground and then shrink their height (still using the height scripts mention earlier).
So in the end I have a sim with normal height (and nice heels without deformed ankle) so every standing interactions that I tested so far are properly coordinated. But I loose the additional height which is originally the purpose of high heels.

So I can either simply lift the whole sim from the ground to gain height and look very nice but then some standing interactions look sometimes stupid (like cooking cause the sim just cut the air above the plank for example).
Or I can lift the sim and then reduce it's size to end up with a normal sized sim (that still looks smaller and thiner which is also kinda cool) but doesn't seem to can really advantages from the heels.
While writing this I realize I srsly need to add some screenshots to illustrate what I mean. But I am at work

In both case the same problem as for the sims 3 arises when sitting because, as for the sims 3, the sims 4 seems to add a bond ressource or something binding the rootworld from the sim to normal floor level.
That means that when sitting the shoes are back underground (slightly less with the "shrunk" sim version as it is less lifted from the ground).

Poses work great for both versions.

So now is my problem. I would like to "release" for test such a version of the script. My problem is that I only modified the rcblock from the packages used by the height mod from Simmythesim.
I looked at the scripts but my attempt at simplifying it to just do what I need failed. Also I don't know how the packages where created so that one can use them from the script. I see how it works but I don't know where was found the number that refers to the package. If anyone could help me with that for example that would help a ton. (Maybe I should consider posting in a ssection more appropriate for scripts coding actually)

I can modify the existing script just change for example the neck slider into a lift slider and boom. finished. But that would conflict with the original height mod. Also that would be srsly Plagiate. So no.
EDIT : I sent a private message to Simmythesim but I am not sure he hangs around. I was thinking of reposting his mod by changing only the hand slider for a lift slider, giving him of course full credit, so that ppl could actually play with the shoes I created. I did not see anything on his original post about modifying his mods or such. I don't think it was ever really released, but is in an eternal test version test :p. Could I eventually do that ?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#15 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 4:52 PM
So you're doing it as a CAS slider? Or a scripted slider that can be turned on and off in the command console?

It's debatable whether converting the height slider would be plagiarism since you're basically using the same method to make a new mod and probably that mod would look exactly the same if you did it from scratch. It would be polite to at least tell him, though. He's still active so hopefully you'll hear back. If not, here's the MTS policy on 'remixing' mods - look for the second section: http://modthesims.info/t/426734

And here's Simmythesim's policy from his profile:

"General terms:
Please give credit with a link when using my work.
Use for whatever you want."

So I don't think there's any problem at all.

This is the right place for help with scripting mods. I don't do TS4 scripting so can't help much. I'm not sure what you mean by a reference to the package - packages are not referred to in a script but the resources in it are, usually with a TGI, instance ID, or hash. I think in TS4 there are also other types of references. Hopefully someone who knows more will step in and help or Simmythesim can give you some info.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
So you're doing it as a CAS slider? Or a scripted slider that can be turned on and off in the command console?
[...] .

Hi again

I have another question in this area.
Hum, is there a way to determine the instance of a rig by knowing the hash of a bone?

I want to modify the global rig of human female to have the ankle and knee bones slightly higher.
But after having a look at the fullbuild rig ressources there are looots of them and I have no idea how to identify the one corresponding the human bodies.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#17 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 4:10 PM
The rig instance IDs are hashes of the rig name. For example:

cuRig = 2183C4B327C38FC9 (Child)
auRig = D057FCC534C1BCBB (Adult)

There's no rig file for afRig so I don't think there's a separate rig for adult females, just a unisex one.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 10:18 PM
Thanks a lot once again :D
I will look at this tomorrow