Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 1:53 AM Last edited by Karen Lorraine : 3rd Sep 2016 at 7:36 AM. Reason: removing download file
Default door & arch set
did attempt to upload this set I think 2 times to this site.
from what I tested, all problems I knew of are fixed.

have included a TXT file telling about the objects; in the zip file.

one game-produced file included. <file removed>

may need help coming up with a site description; a number of things in the TXT file might be included in that description.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 11:43 AM
Please include the text file information in your post. People are not going to download the file just to read what the file is all about

Have you read through the Creator Guidelines? Also the Screenshots Basics tutorial is invaluable.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 11:54 AM
You might include some description of what the doors and arches are for - it's not clear from the text file. At all. Also, the screenshot is very poor quality.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2016 at 11:17 PM
the TXT contents::
Quote:
archive contents (besides this file)::
-6 PACKAGE files
--2 single tile arches (ezeibhmra & ezeippwra)
--2 double tile arches (iliifa & iliisa)
--2 double tile doors (iliifd & iliisd)
-1 picture file showing the available ones (extenstion JPG)
put the PACKAGE contents in the Downloads folder.
put the JPG file wherever.

all 6 PACKAGE files are compatible with base game.

game names::
ezeibhmra: EZ Evac, Inc.'s "Brick House" Male's Restroom Arch
ezeippfra: EZ Evac, Inc.'s "Powder Power" Female's Restroom Arch
iliima: IL Isle, Inc.'s Masculine Arch
iliifa: IL Isle, Inc.'s Feminine Arch
iliimd: IL Isle, Inc.'s Masculine Door
iliifd: IL Isle, Inc.'s Feminine Door

cloned from::
ezeibhmra & ezeippfra: ValueWood Lumber's "Justa Arch"
iliima & iliifa: VIP Deluxe Arch
iliimd & iliifd: Open Sesame Door by 40 Thieves Ltd.

same color options as the respective "cloned from" object.
new & unique GUIDs.

shipped version equivalents (function)::
ezeibhmra & iliima & iliimd: EZ Evac, Inc.'s "Brick House" Men's Restroom Door
ezeibhfra & iliifa & iliifd: EZ Evac, Inc.'s "Power Powder" Women's Restroom Door

game price::
ezeibhmra & ezeippfra: $378
iliima & iliifa: $732
iliimd & iliifd: $518

game location::
ezeibhmra/ezeippfra/iliima/iliifa: Doors & Windows / Archways
iliimd/iliifd: Doors & Windows / Doors

all 6 have the same BHAV (Behaviour Function) resource. adapted from and replaces 2009 of group 0x7fd0deba; Function - Portal - Test - SG.

may include the content (and/or versions of the content) in any upload as long as you give credit to me.

what the doors & arches are for? basically more gender-specific options besides the EZ Evac doors.

screenshot; game's quality setting was set to the highest setting.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
screenshot; game's quality setting was set to the highest setting.

You're generally better using an external screencap programme like Fraps. In game pictures are awful.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 12:36 AM
Also you'll want a closer-up image. The downloader has to see what she's getting.

Think of it as making an ad for the doors. What kind of ad is going to sell these? First, pretty pictures to catch the attention; then the key information: What These Doors Will Do For You!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 7:35 AM
All the 'text' information needs to be in the description and if they are new meshes we need the polygon counts as well. Please do not use the ingame camera but use an external image taking programme, such as Fraps and an editing programme such as Irfanview. If you read through the guidelines that I linked to in my previous post it tells you what you need to do for uploading to the site

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 10:54 PM
made some changes to the TXT file; still included.
Quote:
-6 PACKAGE files
-1 picture file showing the available ones (extension JPG)
put the JPG file wherever.

same color options & mesh as the respective "cloned from" object.
new & unique GUIDs.

ezeibhfra & iliifa & iliifd: EZ Evac, Inc.'s "Power Powder" Women's Restroom Door

game prices::

game locations::

all 6 have the same BHAV (Behavior Function) resource. adapted from and replaces 2009 of group 0x7fd0deba; Function - Portal - Test - SG.

purpose of doors/arches:: more gender-specific options besides the EZ Evac doors.

may include the content (and/or versions of the content) in any upload as long as you give credit to me.

did another screenshot; removed the previous one. used Gadwin to produce the new screenshot; pictures with FRAPS were completely black.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gender_specific_portals.zip (2.54 MB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:03 PM
I think for the picture you will need to turn up all your settings because that is quite crunchy. You can turn them all back down once you have your shots. It's also still too far away. You might want to place about 3 doors/arches in one shot and get in as close as you can as well as down, not from up in the air. Right now you are looking down on them as a bird flying would. Think about how a sim standing would see them and use that angle.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th Sep 2016 at 11:30 PM
Have you read the screenshot tutorial Karen linked you to? It'll tell you how to get nice and close.

I know you want feedback on how the doors work, but if you want to upload them here you'll need decent screenshots. And people who have no intention of playtesting anything can still give useful feedback on those.

Take a look at how other creators have done their upload threads. Michelle does nice group shots showing every item in the set at once. That'll give you an idea of the ballpark you need to get this into.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 2:14 AM
Thinking about this, a 2 story wall with the doors placed into it with a plain paint background on the wall would work well for showing the doors. I think that's what Michelle has done before now. Not everyone is photoshop or Gimp savvy (me!) so just thinking about how I would tackle it with an in game shot rather than something photoshopped.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:06 AM
done another picture. 8 screenshots through Gadwin; combined through IrfanView.
all other files the same.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gender_specific_portals.zip (2.64 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 12:19 AM
I think that would be better if you mounted the doors in an actual wall and also placed another wall behind them (perhaps painted white) so that you can see the detail of the door frames without the background road and so on.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#14 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 9:42 AM
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 1:28 PM
I suggested using a wall above. @mdsb759 If your computer can't handle taking crisp shots I would be happy to take some in my own game for you.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 11:34 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 16th Sep 2016 at 11:54 PM.
did another set of screenshots and updated the TXT file.
Quote:
-6 PACKAGE files
-9 picture files showing the available ones (extension JPG)
--4 each showing the color options of both genders (001-008). female, 001-004; male 005-008.
--1 each showing default color of all 6 PACKAGE files with sims walking through (009).
put the JPG files wherever.

new & unique GUIDs.

all 6 have the same BHAV (Behavior Function) resource. adapted from and replaces 2009 of group 0x7fd0deba; Function - Portal - Test - SG.

purpose of doors/arches:: more gender-specific options besides the EZ Evac doors.

if the screenshots are not up to standard, others may do them for me. may post the pictures in this thread or may send them through PM.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gender_specific_portals.zip (5.45 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 11:41 PM
That looks okay, just use the cream coloured paint on the walls.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 3:36 AM
not sure which color is "cream". the wall's name and/or a picture would help.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 4:47 AM
Any light-colored, featureless paint will do. Can't go wrong with Beachy Keen.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#20 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 1:13 AM
did some changes to the PACKAGE files and updated/corrected the TXT file.
Quote:
-6 PACKAGE files
--2 single tile arches (ezeibhmra & ezeippfra)
--2 double tile arches (iliifa & iliima)
--2 double tile doors (iliifd & iliimd)
-9 picture files showing the available ones (extension JPG)
--4 each showing the color options of either gender (001-008). female, 001-004; male 005-008.
--1 showing the default color of all 6 PACKAGE files with sims walking through (009).
put the PACKAGE files (that you want) in the Downloads folder.
put everything else wherever.

new & unique GUIDs.

all 6 have the same BHAV (Behavior Function) resource. adapted from 2009 of group 0x7fd0deba (changed to BHAV 1002 of group 0xffffffff); Function - Portal - Test - SG.

purpose of these doors/arches:: more gender-specific options besides the EZ Evac doors.

likely safe to remove any unwanted door/arch from game.

re-did the screenshots; using the wall cover.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gender_specific_portals.zip (5.15 MB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#21 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 11:32 AM
Personally, I'd crop those now so that they aren't so large and cut out all the sand and sky that is irrelevent.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 5:12 PM
Okay, I can see the doors better now but I am completely confused about which ones let which gender through.

Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#23 Old 24th Sep 2016 at 11:33 PM
Those images are much better!

Alchemist
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Oct 2016 at 11:15 PM
cropped a number of the images like another poster suggested.
no changes to the other files.

gender; the TXT file identified/identifies the screenshot numbers and the file/game names.
quoted the TXT file in my last post.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  gender_specific_portals.zip (4.19 MB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 12:32 AM
I see where the names are assigned masculine/feminine but have no idea which name applies to which door. I suppose they are labeled in the catalog? But in actual play it's going to be hard to tell them apart.

The simpler you make it to use, the more people will download it.

Page 1 of 2