Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Trash Pit for All Seasons, with Effects & Recolours

by Sophie-David Posted 12th Jul 2016 at 6:49 PM - Updated 4th Jan 2020 at 6:46 AM by Sophie-David : Minor change in text.

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 8:39 PM
How wonderful! I play a modern hood but this will work beautifully with sims living further out, especially farmers. I knew of someone who had to burn his trash as he lived too far out, so it's very realistic. Thank you. :)
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:46 AM
You are welcome Bubblebeam.
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 4:47 AM Last edited by Sophie-David : 13th Jul 2016 at 11:31 PM.
If you downloaded this file earlier on July 12th, please do so again. The file and text in the moderator queue were obsolete.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 13th Jul 2016 at 2:46 PM
another great addition to my game. I can't wait to put this in my nuclear winter hood. Trash removal has been a big problem there since the people are stuck inside. This is the answer. Thanks again.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 3:37 AM
This sounds like an intriguing scenario, smorbie.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 12:52 AM
An any theme/period/setting object that would be useful! Thank you so very much for sharing this with the rest of us!!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jul 2016 at 3:06 AM
You're welcome.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 10:40 AM
Ooh, this could be great for castaway Sims! Thank you for an amazing upload!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jul 2016 at 5:53 PM
You're welcome. Thank you for the encouragement, LadyAngel.
Alchemist
#11 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 2:50 AM
Not sure if it's a feature of the object or some hack conflicting with it, but the settings don't save. For example, if I place a trash pit on a community lot, no matter what effects I set it to (like the fire, which I love), it defaults back to the big stink and the flies when I revisit it later, either in build mode or coming back to the lot again with another sim. Is this supposed to happen? Is there a way to set the effects in buy/build mode?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 5:33 AM Last edited by Sophie-David : 19th Sep 2016 at 8:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Not sure if it's a feature of the object or some hack conflicting with it, but the settings don't save. For example, if I place a trash pit on a community lot, no matter what effects I set it to (like the fire, which I love), it defaults back to the big stink and the flies when I revisit it later, either in build mode or coming back to the lot again with another sim. Is this supposed to happen? Is there a way to set the effects in buy/build mode?
In answer to the two questions, Yes and No. While it is not impossible to save object configurations on Community lots, it is rare that this is done because it becomes very cumbersome. One way to do so is to have external token files, but then there is the problem of the token file not being present due to deletion.

However, I would consider making an alternative Trash Pit using a different GUID. Could you tell me exactly which default effects you would want, including one or more Continuous Effects (that show all the time) and one Disposal Effect (which is transient)?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 5:55 AM
Have so many of your objects in my game. Can't play without them. Thanks so much!
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 4:54 AM
You're welcome!