Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 8:16 PM
Default Creating a period mod
I'm going to attempt to make a period mod for the sims 4. I was wondering what everyone(only people wanting to use it), would like to see in it. Here are the things I'm already going to include
*Cramps
*Munchies
*New toilet interactions: 'Use tampon' 'Use Pad' 'Use cup'
*Fatigue

If anyone has anything else they would think could be good to include, please comment below.
Things I am considering
*Nausea
*Increased hygiene decay
*Menopause mod for elders
*Delay 'use pregnancy test' option on toilet until after end of 'week' cycle

This of course would be set to only be enabled on sims who have chosen 'able to get pregnant' It will start however in teenagehood and end at elderhood. There will also be four time lengths, for the aging duration of the sims 4, but chooseable by user with a 'week' interval in between for them to get pregnant.
*Short: 2 days
*Normal: 3 days
*Long: 4 Days
*Epic: 5 Days
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 10:12 PM
I'd love this! There's a period mod for sims 2 here, just in case you need some ideas! I hope to see this mod be made.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 10:21 AM
Default period mod
Quote: Originally posted by Joyius
I'm going to attempt to make a period mod for the sims 4. I was wondering what everyone(only people wanting to use it), would like to see in it. Here are the things I'm already going to include
*Cramps
*Munchies
*Fatigue

If anyone has anything else they would think could be good to include, please comment below.
Things I am considering
*Nausea
*Increased hygiene decay

This of course would be set to only be enabled on sims who have chosen 'able to get pregnant' It will start however in teenagehood and end at elderhood. There will also be four time lengths, for the aging duration of the sims 4, but chooseable by user with a 'week' interval in between for them to get pregnant.

Love this idea! ..period mod yeah!!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 12:24 PM
Lol the good old period mod. The last time someone made one it was gross - it entailed using the baby's diaper object and leaving it on the bathroom floor after the sim used the toilet. And then, in a nice mysogynistic touch, the female sim in question shrieked and raged at everyone for 4 sim days.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 12:42 PM Last edited by Joyius : 13th Jun 2016 at 1:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Lol the good old period mod. The last time someone made one it was gross - it entailed using the baby's diaper object and leaving it on the bathroom floor after the sim used the toilet. And then, in a nice mysogynistic touch, the female sim in question shrieked and raged at everyone for 4 sim days.

Oh man, def not gonna be like that! Haha...script modding is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be...but I'm going to be trying my best heh.

The main problem is...I have no experience making a script mod, and it's not like there's any tutorial's out there for script modding(believe me I've looked), I don't even understand how or where to get started...it's very overwhelming for me.
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Jun 2016 at 5:39 PM
I'd help if I knew how! I hope someone can help.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 3:21 PM
Is this still being worked on? I think I can help with it, I have a few ideas on how we could make it work! :D
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 7:12 PM
They could also have a Angry/Sad/Tense +1 moodlet
Scholar
#9 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Joyius
*Cramps
*Munchies
*Fatigue

Things I am considering
*Nausea
*Increased hygiene decay

Why? Why are some women so obsessed with their bodily functions? You don't see men trying to make erectile dysfunction, or wet dream mods. This is where men get the idea that women are so weird and messed up with this thing, that they can't be in important jobs etc. Believe it or not most women get through each month without drama or issues.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
Why? Why are some women so obsessed with their bodily functions? You don't see men trying to make erectile dysfunction, or wet dream mods. This is where men get the idea that women are so weird and messed up with this thing, that they can't be in important jobs etc. Believe it or not most women get through each month without drama or issues.

While you're absolutely entitled to an opinion, I think you need to take a step back. It's NOT that serious, henny. Just I dunno, don't download it if it happens? Your negative attitude doesn't help or even add anything to the post. Just scurry along somewhere else and play the game how you like and stop worrying about how other people want to play.
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 12:43 AM
This sounds awesome i have been looking for a mod like this for months. Please tell us when you upload the mod!
Test Subject
#12 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 11:37 AM
I like the idea. A mod like this would make the game a bit more realistic.
Scholar
#13 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MumsGoldTeeth
While you're absolutely entitled to an opinion, I think you need to take a step back. It's NOT that serious, henny. Just I dunno, don't download it if it happens? Your negative attitude doesn't help or even add anything to the post. Just scurry along somewhere else and play the game how you like and stop worrying about how other people want to play.

I am not worried about how someone wants to play or add to their game. I am simply pointing out that these sort of things lead to the stereotype that women are somehow all caught up in their cycles and they are unstable etc because of it. I have been to more than a few sites where ignorant men believe that a woman can't be president, or have any important job because when her period starts she will be unfit and unstable etc. I even had one of my ignorant cousins say that about HRC running for president. I had to point out to him, not only was that stupid, but HRC is well into menopause and so is not menstruating.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#14 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 12:22 AM
I understand. However, IMO it would be like the way sims are shown using the bathroom, and the many mods created to tweak that interaction - it adds a bit of realism but no one thinks we're 'all caught up in' our waste elimination.

And you can ask those men who think the cycle of female hormones makes women unstable whether they think being under the constant influence of testoserone, which has its own effects on aggression, makes them unstable as well.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
#15 Old 20th Aug 2016 at 8:35 PM
A mod to add something that happens in real life to a game is not what causes men to think irrational things about women, that's on men. No one complains about pregnancy or child birth or breastfeeding in the game, so why periods? It's part of the same system. Sims also pee and poop and fart and vomit, and no one uses the existence of those bodily functions to say that people are obsessed with them. And why not add wet dreams and erectile dysfunction too? Realism and more options are awesome, if someone wants to make them, I say go for it.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 9:29 AM
What about a boner and ejaculation mod too?
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DevX
What about a boner and ejaculation mod too?

I think you'd find them on sexysims
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 21st Aug 2016 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iiiSims2
I think you'd find them on sexysims

how is that more sexual than periods?!
both semen and periods are bodily functions that is to create babys. I know that periods is a bigger deal but it's not less sexual. .______.
Test Subject
#19 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 8:26 AM
What's the bad thing about period? Sims on its own explores a variety of paths for each player. Plus, the changing moods of a woman's period may add up more excitement(or difficulty?) for people whose kinda done with the basics of the game.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxRide
What's the bad thing about period? Sims on its own explores a variety of paths for each player. Plus, the changing moods of a woman's period may add up more excitement(or difficulty?) for people whose kinda done with the basics of the game.

Agree 100%
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 5:29 AM
Agree 100%

Same here even for Sims 3 too if it works good for Sims 2 and 4.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 6:11 AM
how is that more sexual than periods?!
both semen and periods are bodily functions that is to create babys. I know that periods is a bigger deal but it's not less sexual. .______.

You must be a man if you think periods are sexual.

I would love a menopause mod for sims 2.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You must be a man if you think periods are sexual.

that wasn't my point .___.
I just think I should be able ask for a mod where a male can wake up with morningwood or maybe some sperm without being linked to the sexysims site .___.
and it fits pretty well in the category with periods so I asked for it here and then a shitstorm happend .___.

so I could say the same thing..."You must be a female if you think morningwoods and waking up with sperm is sexual"
xD
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#24 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 10:11 PM
Anything, male or female, involving genitals, visible bodily fluids, or explicit language about them would have to go on Sexy Sims. IMO a period mod simply has more possible aspects that would be tame enough for MTS since I think most people would find cramps or irritability to be less sexual than an erection.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Anything, male or female, involving genitals, visible bodily fluids, or explicit language about them would have to go on Sexy Sims. IMO a period mod simply has more possible aspects that would be tame enough for MTS since I think most people would find cramps or irritability to be less sexual than an erection.

I understand... Tho they did request a action to change tampon and such and that seemed okay .___.
Page 1 of 2