Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Mailboxes and Trash Can Recolours

by Michelle Posted 7th May 2016 at 8:05 AM - Updated 4th Jul 2017 at 4:41 AM by Michelle

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Theorist
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th May 2016 at 1:36 PM
Thanks, Michelle! I use your AL recolors of these all the time...nice to have additional color choices.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th May 2016 at 4:46 PM
Hi there. I have been going through your downloads today and I just want to say that you're amazing. I especially love your LACK recolors (but the MALM ones are pretty awesome too) because I love spaces with plenty of color. And since your creations tend to match/coordinate with each other, you're really making my sims' homes look great...I just felt like I should say thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th May 2016 at 5:16 PM
Thanks so much, Michelle! It will be nice to have some fun, brighter mailboxes and trashcans now. :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th May 2016 at 9:06 AM
Thank you for fulfilling this request, Michelle! LACK Rulez!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 8:38 AM
This time I did come looking for you first. I needed a red mailbox and there it was! Thank you once again! Blessings, Katherine
Instructor
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 3:06 AM
I love your work - I went on a downloading binge of your recolors and ended up with over 300 files! Unfortunately, these recolors aren't showing up in the game. I have tried recoloring the existing mailbox, and I've "purchased" the buyable mailbox, and neither one shows these recolors. Should the files go somewhere other than my downloads folder? I do have other mailbox recolors that are showing up...

goderguy
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 8:02 AM
@goderguy - No hun, the files go in the downloads folder like most downloads. I have not tested the recolours with the buyable mailboxes only with the Maxis mailboxes. I am not sure why they would not be showing up, if you have Apartment Life installed. Can you do me a favour and see if the files below show up in your game, please.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Mailbox-Recolours-ByMichelle.zip (1.21 MB, 17 downloads)

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Mar 2017 at 12:07 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, and proposed solution. These files don't work either, in part because they are the same files. I even tried putting them in the program x86 folder for Mansions and Gardens. For some reason they just do not work. Thank you for all you do! I'll have to live without these lovely colors, but I'm happy your other object recolors show in game for sure!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 5:32 AM
So I wanted to update you, Michelle. The problem was an out-of-date buyable mailbox. Once I got the replacement one compatible with M&G, your recolors showed up. They are awesome, as expected.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 7:33 AM
@goderguy - Happy to hear they are working for you now, thanks for letting me know.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Feb 2019 at 4:56 PM
Hi Michelle. Forgive my English, I write to you from Spain. To change the color of the mailbox, there is no problem and the full range of colors appears. But when I try to select the mailbox with the design tool, I get this: "This object does not support the design".
I hope you can help me. I admire your work very much.
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 1:28 AM
@federikillo - Hola, the mailbox did not become recolourable until Apartment Life.
Do you have Apartment Life installed?
Do you have any mailbox game mods?
Do you have any buyable mailboxes in your game?

Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 8:13 PM
Yes, I have all the expansions. I do not have mods or mailboxes that can be purchased.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 11:24 AM
They are not showing up for me either. It has to do with Magic and Garden, but I do not know in what way exactly.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 3:47 AM
@Gdjica - You must have the Mansions & Garden Stuff pack for any recolours to show up. Maxis/EA added recolours to the in game mail box with Mansions & Gardens, you go to buy mode or build mode then using the 'design tool' you can change the colour of the mail box.
Quote from https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Mailbox: "If Mansion & Garden Stuff is installed, players can use the design tool on the mailbox to customize it."

Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 6:42 PM
I do, I have all EPs and SPs.
This is the file that enable your recolours to show up for me:
https://modthesims.info/showpost.ph...109&postcount=5