Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated: Tea for Children

by plasticbox Posted 22nd Jan 2016 at 4:46 PM - Updated 22nd Feb 2016 at 1:17 PM by plasticbox

91 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:34 PM
Flirty Tea could have their effect change from Flirty To Playful if possible and call it "Ginseng Giggles". That is what happens if you have child sim take a rose bath or have the flirty aura incense is it is replaced with playful
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 5:43 PM
The Flirty tea buff is blacklisted for children by default -- by that I meant, this is how the game already works in general; it is not something I changed. If you want to make different buffs you are welcome in the Create forum.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 7:11 PM
YES!! Thank you! Thank you! I've always wanted this! You always put this up when I'm not at my computer! TORTURE! Can they "grab a drink" from the machine? I'm always yelling at the adults "NOOO! Don't drink it!! Just put it down for the kid!" LOL! Still makes my game a lot more fun, so glad the kids can do more 'cause of you
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 7:17 PM
Oh, I didn't look at the Grab interaction -- good question. I'm so used to make single cups now =) .. it could be that they have no sensible animation for the Grab though (that they can use without stretching), so not sure if I can add it easily.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 7:51 PM
Oooh right, I see what you mean with the grab interaction. Argh EA, don't know why kids can't do normal things. It's like harvesting too, not much animation for that, but nooo, the kid has to starve while standing next to an apple tree, hehe!
If the animation is too difficult, don't worry about it, this is still a perfect addition to the game
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:19 PM
T.H.A.N.K.Y.O.U.

It never made sense to me that children can't drink tea. I mean, what? Why??? Dx

Would you consider making coffee available for children, too? Most people I know at least *tried* coffee by 7th grade... Even if they weren't supposed to. XD
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:47 PM
Please post in the Create forum if you want to make other stuff available for other age groups. This mod is about tea .. like it says in the title.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 6:56 AM
Thanks plasticbox for creating this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 11:24 AM
Finally someone who thinks the same :D. Thank you so much!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2016 at 11:29 PM
I can not believe i missed this little gem. I make a pot of tea every morning and the kids and I sit together and have a chat while we drink. Its been a ritual ever since my first (now 21, OMG i am getting old now....LOL) was around 15 months old. She has left home but my 2 boys still sit with me having a cup of tea. A beautiful way to start my day really.

Thanks Plasticbox for creating this stuff for us.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 11:54 PM
Updated with an additional interaction; both interactions are now custom and the whole thing has a script componenent added.

Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Updated with an additional interaction; both interactions are now custom and the whole thing has a script componenent added.

@plasticbox The interactions work, but it seems the kids can't drink the tea anymore? The juicer works though YAY! YAY! YAY!!! *Dances around the room* You're the best! Thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 1:20 PM
Ah yes .. that would be because I forgot half the script in that update.

Is fixed now! Cheers!

Forum Resident
#15 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Ah yes .. that would be because I forgot half the script in that update.

Is fixed now! Cheers!

LOL! Perfect, thanks! Cheers!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Jan 2016 at 7:32 AM
thank you so much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Jan 2016 at 9:57 PM
Who was the silly person who said children can't drink tea? Thanks for rectifying that.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 8th May 2016 at 7:50 PM
What a great idea!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 11:42 AM
I was looking for it Thank You I find it damn stupid kids can only sip water from sink
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 27th Jan 2017 at 7:40 PM
This mod conflicts, and cancels out, the vampire meditation interaction.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 10:18 PM
Thank you for this. I love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 12:15 AM
Thanks! I remember how upset my little sister got when she found out her simself couldn't have tea, she'll be really happy about this

(Clearly no one working at EA ever had tea with their Gran when they were kids...)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 4:51 PM
does this still work to anyone?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 5:46 PM
I made one update for 1.37 which seen worked and almost upload here but with new update 1.38 is broken again beyond my skills.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 9:54 PM
this mod will be broken by the november's patch, someone has to update it
Page 1 of 4