Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

skyFix 2.1 (redownload / 15 APR '17)

by Nopke Posted 21st Dec 2015 at 10:25 PM - Updated 7th Dec 2023 at 7:40 PM by Nopke

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 55 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 10:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand what this is, are you saying EA broke the sky from BV on and this fixes their bug?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 10:42 PM
Thank you very much for this fix! I've been searching this for years. I was frustated that Seasons broke the sky. I always loved the clouds, especially at night!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:43 PM
omg thank you so much i missed the stars and everything, Finally no more box that covers the sky!!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:06 AM
Thanks, but where does this go?
Theorist
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:20 AM
Saw this floating around on Tumblr and just had to try it out. Thank you!
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:46 AM
This is great, but Please explained a bit more, if you don't mind.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:50 AM
Oh well done - that's needed fixing since forever (or since BV anyway).
Space Pony
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:59 AM
Ty so very much
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 3:30 AM
Wonderful!
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I'm not sure I understand what this is, are you saying EA broke the sky from BV on and this fixes their bug?

From what I've read around this (mostly from the tumblr post) - Seasons instituted a box wall around the lot to define boundaries. Unfortunately what that does is block sky deco including the eaxis sky deco.

What this mod does is remove the box wall so that the sky deco can be seen. So yeah, EA broke the sky from Seasons onward. The first fix is if you only have seasons, the second fix is if you have BV or onwards.

Simthing for everyone

"No Boom Today. Boom Tomorrow. Always Boom Tomorrow" - Ivanova (B5)
Having trouble with the Graphics card and Sims2? Feel free to pm me here, or in this forum at Leefish Sims 2 Graphic Cards
Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 3:56 AM
@ joandsarah77 @ celebkiriedhel

Ok I have Seasons as my last installed EP so I downloaded the file package for Seasons place it in my downloads went into my Sims game play a household.
But I saw NO Different in the sky at all no moon , sun or stars. Now it was "Not" mention and this post notes if this "SkyFix go into the downloads or some place else.
All I know is there was no different in the Sky at all so @ Nopke I do hope you give us a better understanding of this mod and exactly what it do and where to place it at in the game files.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 4:30 AM
OMFG!!
Thank you for fixing this detrimental bug!
And for a new member here, i will call you a Genius!

Now to fix the clouds in the sky, which was present in the Basegame Up to Pets.
and again, Thank you!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:42 AM Last edited by kjkjljkjkjkjljkj : 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:54 AM.
where to put in my game? is this compatible with the mod atmosphere? If I see the sky, you're a genius.

++++++++++++++++
I see the sun and the moon it's cute) thanks

Ирина =)
Photo of the Lives of my Sims:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/129305086@N06/
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 5:54 AM
I see the sun and the moon it's cute) thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 9:15 AM
I've seen this mod mentioned on GoS yesterday.
It's amazing!!!!
Nopke you're a genius!!!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:43 AM Last edited by Nopke : 9th Nov 2016 at 10:26 AM. Reason: a little BS
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
In Seasons. Explanation below.

Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
I always loved the clouds, especially at night!
Unfortunately, It doesn't restore clouds.

Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
This is great, but Please explained a bit more, if you don't mind.
I do hope you give us a better understanding of this mod [...].
The walls appeared in Nightlife, on boundaries of lots and covered something (all higher layers). Since Seasons, they cover sun, stars and moon although walls' definition haven't changed – sun, stars and moon have been moved to higher layers than walls' layer. In fact, I didn't remove the walls at all – they're on much higher layer now. I haven't seen any negative effects, but remember: it's an experimental mod.

Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Thanks, but where does this go?
Now it was "Not" mention and this post notes if this "SkyFix go into the downloads or some place else.
Quote: Originally posted by kjkjljkjkjkjljkj
where to put in my game?
Just see Install Instructions.

Ok I have Seasons as my last installed EP so I downloaded the file package for Seasons place it in my downloads went into my Sims game play a household.
But I saw NO Different in the sky at all no moon , sun or stars.
If you don't have camera mod, you can't see it without using TAB. Check it out and let me know – maybe it isn't working; I couldn't test it in Seasons only.

Quote: Originally posted by kjkjljkjkjkjljkj
is this compatible with the mod atmosphere?
This mod? Yes, it is, but there is the same problem as neighborhood skyboxes have.

And a little achtung! SkyFix does not show in Custom Content Dialog.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 3:46 PM
Oh, I love this fix! I have as well, Jonimobile's 'see stars at night' fix, but that only did half the sky..this one does the entire sky, and it even includes shooting stars and meteors!

The Sim Solar System, though, is a bit strange...it has 2 moons. Oh, well, I can just imagine that it's the Moon and Jupiter together..(although they're far, far away from one another in reality.)

Thanks for fixing this problem-long overdue!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 7:47 PM
THIS IS A HUGE DEAL! THANK YOU!!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#20 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 8:29 PM
I have a similar sky mod. Not only do I have two moons, I also have two suns. Just like the planet Tatooine.
Test Subject
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 9:18 PM Last edited by Bob Newbie : 23rd Dec 2015 at 12:01 AM.
So you can actually see the (huge) neighborhood skies without any cut offs? This is amazing! :o

Edit: Yeah it actually works! Now I can throw away my cheap, small box sky
Meet Me In My Next Life
#22 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nopke

If you don't have camera mod, you can't see it without using TAB. Check it out and let me know – maybe it isn't working; I couldn't test it in Seasons only

@ Nopke I don't have a camera mod, I follow your instruction and use the TAB, yes then I could see the Stars and moon and meteor ( really beautiful to look at ) but the Tab take you way to far out of boundary,
with the Sims lot way below which is not good for normal game play using tab. So from my understanding in order to have a normal game play to see the sky and all that in it I would need to have a camera mod, to work with your SkyFix ?
Because if so then that a whole new ball game Camera mods have been known to cause game crashes at time. Unless you know of one that don't.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 4:49 AM
I've waiting and looking for this for YEARS!!
This is a major fix in the game: you fixed the sky!
Thank you soooo much :D
Space Pony
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 8:43 AM
[...] the Tab take you way to far out of boundary, with the Sims lot way below which is not good for normal game play using tab. So from my understanding in order to have a normal game play to see the sky and all that in it I would need to have a camera mod, to work with your SkyFix ?
In base game you need to use the Tab to see what is on the sky too… So, if you want to always see it, you have to have a camera mod anyway.
Because if so then that a whole new ball game Camera mods have been known to cause game crashes at time. Unless you know of one that don't.
How many camera mods have you tested? I think that not all of them. In my game, Gunmod's camera mod and Enhanced gameplay cameras caused crashes. Now, I have my own camera mod and everything is okay. Maybe I will upload it later.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 4:00 PM
A must-have mod. Now our sims have their sky back! Thank you for making this amazing mod!
Page 1 of 4