Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:18 PM
ok I fixed the problem with the bhav's... for anyone else using this tutorial to make cake...reverse the first GUID in instance 0x00001006 and the 2nd one in 0x00001004
(thanks fireflies)

but now I have a whole new problem....The cake is reverting to the original textures except for the inside...that part is flashing blue...HELP!!!

If you have an Object request Feel free to send it to me. I may or may not do it however I am more likely to fulfill requests for items matching sets I have already uploaded. I'll respond either way.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 12th Nov 2006 at 5:52 PM
Yes nothing can go riht with this can it? I fixed my guids like ladydarkfire said but now my pictures aren't working it is ust white milk white cereal, white everything speckled with lue symbols. I think I can fix that though.
Test Subject
#53 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 11:39 PM
If you're going to make a custom plate for your new food make sure to assign that new plate mesh a new guid altogether to tie it to your custom food. With that new plate guid you are going to go back into the new food package to the BHAVs again but to find "CT Factory Dish". In the behavior editor where it says 0:[prim] create new object instance -- that's where you reverse the custom plate guid and put in the reversed numbers just like Fireflies tutorial mentions:

Example: 0x0022ADBB - new guid
In the bhav editor: BB AD 22 00

Commit file changes and save.

When you're importing new textures to your new food? I recommend using the Build DXT tools. It will keep your textures in the highest quality.

Right-click on the texture, choose Build DXT, swap in your picture and where it says 'sharpen' put 'none' in the dropdown menu box. Then click 'build' and when its done don't forget to commit file changes and then save.
Test Subject
#54 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 4:16 PM
i'm having 2 tiny problems with the tutorial.

1. the new recolor of the cereal box is there sometimes, but not others. here is what i mean:

view from far away

zoomed in

did i miss a step or something? or is it just me?

2. the regular cereal option has disappeared from my breakfast menu.

TIA for all the help.
Test Subject
#55 Old 30th Dec 2006 at 1:44 PM
I've downloaded a number of custom foods that don't have the "Call to Meal" option available (the menu option that was introduced with OFB). This drives me crazy as I find it's so much easier not to have to summon each individual Sim to a meal. Is there a way to enable the "Call to Meal" option, and if so, how? I would appreciate any advice you can give.

Thanks,
Karen
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 8:29 AM
Wich SimPE Do you need i have 60 well and when i click on object workshop it gives me something totaly difirent but theres windowed but when press ok after you name it
and save it the object workshop exits
Test Subject
#57 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 2:44 AM Last edited by Lady DarkFire : 8th Jan 2007 at 3:58 AM. Reason: added question about creating a new tutorial
Nesta: Can you send me your cereal package? I'll take a look at it and see if I can help you out with it.

Karenh3: The reason why the "Call to Meal" option isn't available on those custom foods is mostly likely because the creator made them base game compatible. The only way that I know of is to re-clone the custom food by not making it base game compatible. It would be best though to simply ask the creator to make a second version available with the OFB functions.

Simkiller14: This tutorial was written for an old version of SimPE but the method is similar and can be applied to the newer SimPE's available.

-------

By the way, considering this tutorial is a bit out of date I am more than happy to create one that applies to the new SimPE. Would anyone be interested in that and how would I go about posting one here?
Test Subject
#58 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 7:18 AM
Please Post One
Test Subject
#59 Old 16th Mar 2007 at 3:27 PM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 5:23 PM
cool thanks i will try it later

funney250 i makes homes for request so just ask
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 12th Apr 2007 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lady DarkFire
By the way, considering this tutorial is a bit out of date I am more than happy to create one that applies to the new SimPE. Would anyone be interested in that and how would I go about posting one here?

Yes, please post an updated one! I think you'll have to put any screenshots on photobucket or the like and use [ img ] tags to display them here. Other than that, just start a thread and type away.
Instructor
#63 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:52 PM
FireFlies... Thanks a lot for this wonderful and easy tutorial! thanks a lot! i made a tomato soup and it turned out great! :D

Pics:

Screenshots
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 5:52 AM
thank you so much. this is a really great tutorial.
Test Subject
#65 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 6:04 PM
Problem with texturing
Hey, when I'm trying to put the texture on the cereal box, SimPE is copying the top part of the front of the box as the side of the box, and I want to create my own side for box. How can I do that?

Instructor
#66 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 2:06 PM
RoeyTwins, how texture is applied to mesh is stored in the mesh, it's not that SimPE is copying textures wherever it wants to
To change it, you have to alter the mesh - more particularly, its UVW Map. Check tutorials about UVW Mapping in Object Meshing&Recoloring Tutorials.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 3:53 PM Last edited by leushy : 9th Oct 2007 at 4:20 PM. Reason: updating
hello! can i just add my request to the others, on the subject of an updated or 'general food' tutorial?
i'm also at a loss for how to start this tut, seeing as i can't use the windowed object workshop. i have no idea where to look for the food files, so without a bit of gentle direction i'm pretty much stuck at square one.

[UPDATE]

being impatient, i decided to try cloning or recolouring another person's custom food (i chose a soupbowl type), but i'm experiencing a rather odd problem.
upon either cloning or recolouring the object, the workshop simply says 'object created', but doesn't open it up... i can't seem to locate it to edit. it's never done this to me before, so i'm assuming i've made some kind of booboo. any idea what it is? lol
Instructor
#68 Old 9th Oct 2007 at 4:46 PM
There's a newer tutorial by pacotaplayer, it this one looks too old for you. Windowed workshop is obsolete, you should use tabbed one - there's no significant difference in their appearance. Food is under Unknown.
It's totally useless to choose Recolor for food files - you must use Clone option, even if you just want to recolor a food.
If you chose Clone, resources should've been extracted. If they are not - which food you were cloned, which addons you have and which are checked in SimPE Preferences?
Test Subject
#69 Old 31st Oct 2007 at 1:06 AM
UGGGG!!!! I have the newest version of SimPE (62) and its driving me nuts! There is no place to search for anything in object workshop!!!! What now?!?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 9:23 AM
Hello,
My new cereal don't work, the Sim take it in the fridge and begin to prepar it,and in halfway crash....Can someone help me?
Instructor
#71 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:15 AM
Seems to be that you changed textures and GUIDs (in bhavs as well) only? Or did you altered any GMDC?
If it crashes halfway during preparation, then it's likely some problem with either preparation GMDCs, or animations.

It's a bit confusing that you extracted animations into your package - unless you plan to edit them, it's a bad idea, because they use the global group 0x1C0532FA, so there's higher chance of conflicts. Use Maxis ones - just put their names into STR# with instance 0x86.
I'm not certain whether including animations can harm your food, but I never included them to food and had no crashing problems :-|

If you touched GMDCs, then which programs did you use? foodprepcereal_root_trans_gmdc has morphs, you have to be careful with those.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:29 AM
I don't touch GMDC,have only recolor the original package(clone it)...
Test Subject
#73 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nesta
i'm having 2 tiny problems with the tutorial.

1. the new recolor of the cereal box is there sometimes, but not others. here is what i mean:

view from far away

zoomed in

did i miss a step or something? or is it just me?

2. the regular cereal option has disappeared from my breakfast menu.

TIA for all the help.

I know this is super old, but I just came across it and tried it today. The first time my sims got stuck staring at the fridge. I looked in My Documents>EA Games>TheSims2>Logs at the Error message, but wasn't sure what to make of it. Soo, I tried it all over and this time it works, but I have the same problem as above. The textures only work close up, but not from further away. Any ideas??
Instructor
#74 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sillylittlepanda
The first time my sims got stuck staring at the fridge.
First of all, to avoid 'stuck' situations, turn on the TestingCheatsEnabled cheat (boolprop testingcheatsenabled true, you can put it to userstartup.cheat to not type it all the time) - it's a must have when you need to alter bhavs. With it, you'll get Cancel-Reset-Delete message, and Reset or Delete will likely resume the game (it may delete your sim if he is the culprit, so don't test on lots where you actually play).
Then, while it's not certain without error log - if your sims are stuck before taking any food from fridge, then it's likely that you messed up while putting guids to bhavs. Without log, it's hard to tell for sure.
Test Subject
#75 Old 22nd Feb 2008 at 2:27 PM
Thanks for replying!!

Well, I scrapped the first one. (I did have the cheat on and would get the Cancel/Reset/Delete message). But with the second one that I tried, the main problem is that when i zoom in really close, it's Cheerios, but when I pull back some, its the original. Something is causing the texture to only work within certain proximity? The only other thing is that it says Have Breakfast>Cereal (I changed all of the TXT to Cheerios but it doesnt show up like that in have breakfast). In Make One or Make Many it does say Cheerios. I don't care about it saying cereal instead, but I don't know if that is a clue about the other part or not.

I can show you my Error Log or try to upload it if that helps (but I'm at work so I'll have to do it when I get home).
Page 3 of 4