Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 9:29 AM Last edited by melodyheart120 : 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:34 PM.
Default The Animal Crossing Challenge The Sims 2
I DO NOT OWN THIS BUT I FOUND IT FOR SIMS 4 SO HERES A REMAKE FOR SIMS 2 THAT YOU CAN PLAY.
BY:Luminoriou§imology

Introducing the Sims 2 Animal Crossing Challenge!

The Animal Crossing Challenge is a new way to play that doesn’t focus on earning money or gaining fame, but on building friendships and finding collectibles.
The Animal Crossing Challenge has 3 Main Goals:
1. To complete the Museum
2. To make friends
3. To upgrade the town

To start the challenge, move one sim in using the freerealestate on cheat, and begin decorating their house! But first, buy a single suit of armor and place it in the entry to the museum to knock your funds down.

MUSEUM RULES:
-CAN add a second story
-CAN add an Observatory, but only on top!
-CAN add a Microscope lab, but only in second story!
-CANNOT use entry room for collectibles, it is a foyer. Decorate it as you see fit.

-SECOND STORY can ONLY be used for 110% completion (see below).
The Museum, the large building in the back corner, has 6 sections. When you start the challenge, each section is empty! You’re free to edit them as you see fit, but you cannot change the size or shape of any of the rooms. The front room is an Entry Foyer and CANNOT be used to store collectibles or used as a living space. You can arrange collectibles in the other 5 rooms however you see fit. To complete the Museum, you must have:
-Every MySims Trophy
-Every Fish
-Every Microscope/Space Print
-Every Postcard

Each of those must be placed on the first floor and only on the first floor. The postcards may be placed in the Foyer or in your house. You may add a second floor, but if you do, it can only be used for “110% completion”. 110% completion is awarded for getting every space object and one masterpiece painting of each style of painting, as well as every type of frog. This isn’t necessary, it’s an optional set of extra goals.

The second floor of the museum CAN have a Cafe built on it. But you cannot use it as additional housing or plumbing. Only decorations, collectibles, seating, and a cafe! Nothing else!

HOUSE RULES:

There are 3 small houses! Each is a 6x6 room. You may NOT add walls. You may NOT expand the houses. You have to live with this space! Ideally you’d only place objects on the grid Sims 1 or Sims 2 style, because that’s how objects are placed in Animal Crossing, but it’s really up to you. Decorate the houses as you please. The exterior can be decorated, but don’t cheat about it. Do not put kitchen objects outdoors, beds outdoors, etc. Only objects found in the Outdoors category can go outdoors, with the exception of a single toilet found outside for the sake of saving space.

LIFE RULES:

Aging is not required. You can turn it off, or leave it on. You can even play generations of sims if you want to. It does not matter. Your sim MAY get a job to pass the time, and unlock things, and to help with the bills, but once they reach level 10 they must quit. All sims on the lot can have a job, but their combined job level cannot be over 12. So if you have two sims, and one is at level 8, and one is at level 3, one of them has to quit before the other is allowed to get promoted. If one is promoted, the other is required to quit immediately. This is just so you can’t roll in dough and are encouraged to spend time ignoring the job-money grind of typical Sims gameplay. Please note that because of the lot being owned by your sim, the bills will be pretty high to start. You might have trouble keeping up with them. That’s okay. If you’ve played Animal Crossing, you know why!
ETC RULES:
No modification is allowed of any existing structures. That means no moving ponds, no moving the floor tiles outside (stone), no moving the rocks, no moving the buildings, no messing with the train station, etc. You can change wallpapers and plants all you want, though. Basically, if it’s not a tree or a plant and it’s outside, don’t touch it!

Obviously, you are allowed to leave town!

Basically, you’re only allowed to modify the structure of the museum, and the only lots that can be used for “Useful” items that aren’t chairs or surfaces or decorations are the houses, the store, and the cafe of the museum. Otherwise, just meet your goals!

GOAL CHECKLIST:

-Museum Goals
—All Fish Mounted or Tanked
—All MySims Trophies Stored
—All Microscope Prints Stored
—All Space Prints Stored
—All Postcards Stored
-Friendship Goals
—Have 2 new sims move into town and take up residence in the other two houses
—Have 15 total friends
—Complete every type of party with a gold medal!
—Get Married
-Town Upgrade Goals
—Add Second Story to Museum
—Add Observatory to Museum
—Add Microscope to Museum
—Add Cafe to Museum
—Have at least 20 flowers planted around town
—Have at least 10 Fruit Trees planted around town
—Have the town in good standing with taxes (Pay the bills!). Upon completing every other goal if you have 50,000,000 simoleons in back bills to pay, you need to pay them.

-110% Completion Goals:
—One masterpiece painting of each Type of painting (not counting emotions)
—All frogs(ignore the frogs)
—All space objects
—Collect all types of plant
You should probably have the Moveobjects Cheat enabled when installing it. (I had to remove the windows from the roofs of the houses because they just kept getting lost due to moveobjects being a bit buggy, sadly). This lot also uses the unlocked FISHING SPOT objects but Snatif on ModTheSims. I don’t know if they come with the lot or not, but I placed them by the pond. They’re not necessary, just a fun detail.
This is not a tried-and-true tested challenge, so it might be a bit imbalanced, but I wanted to share it anyway! Please share and enjoy!

DOWNLOAD ANIMAL CROSSING LOT IT COSTS: 31,924 use a cheat to buy it have fun simming!!! just scroll down to get it for sims 2
I RE-UPLOADED I WILL MAKE IT DOWNLOADABLE NOW IT COSTS 22,644

download frogs:http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=501909
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AnimalCrossingRe-upload.rar (1.54 MB, 51 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 7:58 PM
who diagreed??????????????????????????????????
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 10:39 PM
Gems? Fossils? Metals? Is this possibly meant for sims 3??? Otherwise, this is a great challenge!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gardeviola
Gems? Fossils? Metals? Is this possibly meant for sims 3??? Otherwise, this is a great challenge!
no i forgot to put it out it was meant for like anything you find
Forum Resident
#5 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 11:58 PM
Erm, I dunno if this will work. Sims 2 was before they replaced interesting gameplay with collecting diamonds and fossils in suburbia.
You literally only have fish and the Bon Voyage souvenirs...

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 6:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
Erm, I dunno if this will work. Sims 2 was before they replaced interesting gameplay with collecting diamonds and fossils in suburbia.
You literally only have fish and the Bon Voyage souvenirs...

well it works i'm doing this challenge on my sims and it's pretty fun. but you can find anything with interaction dig for treasure.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 4:21 PM
No, you can't find anything. just rocks, bones (which if you really wanted too you could claim they're fossils, I guess), treasure chests, and a few deco objects. But, aside from that, this seems like a fun challenge and I might play it soon. It might be even better if you remake it for sims 3 if possible, due to the massive amount of collectables.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 6:50 PM
If you can make a beach community lot, they can dig for stuff. And how about a mod I have that allows vacation souvenirs to be sold on community lots? I've NEVER been able to complete a bug collection. How about Sim portraits?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
If you can make a beach community lot, they can dig for stuff. And how about a mod I have that allows vacation souvenirs to be sold on community lots? I've NEVER been able to complete a bug collection. How about Sim portraits?

THX for the idea i'll get on it when i will have time but yeah. you can add sim portraits to the museum
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gardeviola
No, you can't find anything. just rocks, bones (which if you really wanted too you could claim they're fossils, I guess), treasure chests, and a few deco objects. But, aside from that, this seems like a fun challenge and I might play it soon. It might be even better if you remake it for sims 3 if possible, due to the massive amount of collectables.

yeah but you can add portraits painting anything that is artistic kinda XD but i'm glad you love it
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 6:33 AM Last edited by grammapat : 29th Mar 2015 at 7:46 PM. Reason: a discovery
For that matter, you can have a "children's corner" --pictures from that play table thingy that even toddlers can draw. Wish there was a mod that made kids draw things like the Maxis "no skill" paintings (like the ?what). I have lots of choices for painting, but ANYONE can paint them.

PS: I've discovered that when toddlers first start to paint, they DO look like toddler scribbles. At some point (a certain # of skill points) they make better drawings - I even found one, created by a child, that looks like 2 kids showing off their muffins (from the kids play oven)!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:55 PM
You could have at least edited the post a bit so that it matches what can be incorperated with TS2 instead of just plainly copy&pasting it.