Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 2 Upright Saloon Piano - UPDATE: 8 new plain textures

by Esmeralda Posted 20th Mar 2015 at 8:32 PM - Updated 2nd Apr 2016 at 7:55 PM by Esmeralda : Added new plainer version

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 30 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 9:26 PM
Excellent!! Thank you so much!!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 9:33 PM
What a great idea ...Love it :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 11:02 PM
Thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 11:33 PM
Very nice looking!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 12:18 AM
Haha, I've been waiting for this. Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 12:20 AM
It is beautiful. A perfect compromise between the sensible upright piano created here and the high end grand piano by Maxis. Thank you for this. I love pianos.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:00 AM
Perfect!
Deceased
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 2:09 AM
Very nice, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 8:38 AM
wow, sehr schoen, danke
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 11:11 AM
Yes yes yes love it thank you!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 4:49 PM
The piano looks beautiful Es.!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 6:51 PM
Thanks, everyone!
Quote: Originally posted by Mendota
It is beautiful. A perfect compromise between the sensible upright piano created here and the high end grand piano by Maxis. Thank you for this. I love pianos.

That's what I was thinking - ugly.breath/Shredded made a nice modern upright, and this old-fashioned upright would be sort of halfway between that one and the grand pianos. More variety!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 9:05 PM
Спасибо..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 12:26 AM
Thanks for this nice upright piano, Esmeralda, for all of to enjoy using !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 3:18 AM
Thanks. A very nice conversion. More variety its appreciated. I like it very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 6:40 PM
really cool bro!!!! thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 3:16 PM
OMG, Esmeralda, I BEG you, Convert it to Sims 3, please?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eggyslav
OMG, Esmeralda, I BEG you, Convert it to Sims 3, please?

I retired from creating for TS3 about two years ago, but someone else already converted it for TS3, here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=460006
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
I retired from creating for TS3 about two years ago, but someone else already converted it for TS3, here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=460006

Thanks for the Link, Already dl-ed it, but It's too plain in looks, I really need that steampunk themed piano you got there, but I guess I'll settle with the one from armiel....
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 7:30 PM
Thanks for the Link, Already dl-ed it, but It's too plain in looks, I really need that steampunk themed piano you got there, but I guess I'll settle with the one from armiel....

It's a shame armiel says she re-mapped her piano instead of using the original TS2 mapping. I used the original TS2 map for my piano, and if she hadn't changed it on hers, you could have extracted the Steampunk texture .dds file from my piano and imported it into a clone of her piano. But as it is, you could try to achieve a similar Steampunk-ish effect on armiel's piano if you can find yourself three TS3 patterns similar to those of mine: a fancy burled wood for the main part of the piano, a Steampunky pattern with gears and/or dials for the trim, and a Victorian seat cushion pattern for the seat, and then apply them in CaST. Hopefully you could CaST it to look pretty good if you can find the right patterns.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
It's a shame armiel says she re-mapped her piano instead of using the original TS2 mapping. I used the original TS2 map for my piano, and if she hadn't changed it on hers, you could have extracted the Steampunk texture .dds file from my piano and imported it into a clone of her piano. But as it is, you could try to achieve a similar Steampunk-ish effect on armiel's piano if you can find yourself three TS3 patterns similar to those of mine: a fancy burled wood for the main part of the piano, a Steampunky pattern with gears and/or dials for the trim, and a Victorian seat cushion pattern for the seat, and then apply them in CaST. Hopefully you could CaST it to look pretty good if you can find the right patterns.

Hmmm, I have Victorian Brocade patterns, a metal Clockwork pattern with gears, and I guess I can find suitable wood pattern... Also, what program do I use to extract textures? And, How do I clone objects? When It comes to modding Sims, I'm a total Noob, but I have some experience in modding The Elder Scrolls games. I think I might get into it, Try to make some objects....... Are Sims a difficult game to mod?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 10:50 AM
Hmmm, I have Victorian Brocade patterns, a metal Clockwork pattern with gears, and I guess I can find suitable wood pattern... Also, what program do I use to extract textures? And, How do I clone objects? When It comes to modding Sims, I'm a total Noob, but I have some experience in modding The Elder Scrolls games. I think I might get into it, Try to make some objects....... Are Sims a difficult game to mod?

If the patterns you have are TS3 pattern .packages, then no modding is necessary - just put them in your Mods/Packages folder and use them to CaST the piano in-game. If they are not, you can make them into TS3 .packages with Delphy's Pattern Packager (I've never used this tool, so can't advise on it, but there is a link to a tutorial on its download page).

Sims modding can range from fairly easy to very difficult depending on what you're trying to do. If you want to, eg, convert the TS2 piano yourself for TS3, you need SimPE to extract the piano mesh and textures from the TS2 base game. You'll be extracting the mesh as an .obj file and the texture as a .bmp file, so you need a meshing program that works with .obj and has the plugins to convert the .obj to TS3 object format (only Milkshape or Blender have the necessary plugins AFAIK) and a graphics program that can export .dds files (the graphics format TS3 uses) such as Photoshop, GIMP, or Paint.net. For importing the piano to TS3, you need either the s3pe/s3oc/Texture Tweaker combination, or TSR Workshop. For how to proceed, check the Sims 3 Creation forums where you can read tutorials and post questions. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 1:17 PM
Thanks for all the info, I have Paint.Net, and Blender, maybe someday I'll look into doing something, and make some Sims 2->Sims3 conversions......
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 3:11 PM
This is great! I don't have room for the sims 4 piano in my house and I was thinking of how I missed the sims 2 piano, and here it is! Thank you!
Page 1 of 2