Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 1:04 PM
coffeecuphack.package

Sims no longer hike 30 miles in the snow uphill and against the wind both ways just so they can put their coffee cups on a table. If no surface is nearby, they're content to just drop the damn thing. They'll even put it straight into a dishwasher if one is really close! Sims no longer attempt to clean up cups still docked at their stand or barista cups, hiking halfway across the lot to do so (most noticeable in NL community lots with both restaurants and baristas).

This one or something else?

I'm not looking for things that might conflict, as that's not about what the hack does. Lots of creators don't know about or don't bother mentioning conflicts.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:04 PM
This is hearsay, but a Sim that washes a coffee cup in a sink with coffeecuphack installed may occasionally get reset, or "jump". It's a mild annoyance at best, and if it happens to the headmaster during a headmaster scenario, a disaster at worst, since it causes the headmaster to disappear.
Theorist
#53 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 3:57 PM
Hidden features? Yellow Pee that disabled weeds?

Well I never was so glad that I don't use mainy mods from....that...site.

Thank you Charity for looking into those mods and bringing awareness to this issue.

I'm also glad that the few mods I do use from Maty are on your list of "safe" ones.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:18 PM
There are a great many very useful mods (even some required critical ones) from that site. Nobody is saying that Pescado's mods are unsafe to use, only that some of them come with undocumented features that may conflict with other modders' work. Also, most of us who do use mods prefer to know as much as possible about what we're getting and exactly what it's intended to do to our games.
Theorist
#55 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
There are a great many very useful mods (even some required critical ones) from that site. Nobody is saying that Pescado's mods are unsafe to use, only that some of them come with undocumented features that may conflict with other modders' work. Also, most of us who do use mods prefer to know as much as possible about what we're getting and exactly what it's intended to do to our games.

Oh I kniw, I have theani-corruption mods, the batbox, clothing tool and the romancemod. ;-) And haha yeah that's why I put "safe" in quotes, as in "safe in that they don't have undocumented features/don't remove stuff wihtout telling you"

Like seriously...pee and weeds aren't even related..it's so random...
Theorist
#56 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
...Like seriously...pee and weeds aren't even related..it's so random...

In real life maybe, but in Sims pee on the ground = puddles. Puddles that are not cleaned up can spawn weeds.

I don't use the yellow pee, but now I wish I'd of known about the undocumented feature as awhile back. I don't care that the pee is blue, but had been looking a mod that'd help contain the puddle weeds. I found one now. I still get rain puddles which sometime gives weeds, but nothing gets out of control, especially if you have multiple dogs.
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 4th Jan 2017 at 8:18 PM Last edited by k6ka : 5th Jan 2017 at 4:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
In real life maybe, but in Sims pee on the ground = puddles. Puddles that are not cleaned up can spawn weeds.

*looks around*

*pees on ground*

*weeds spawn*

*gardener goes to pull it*

Me: "Uhh... you probably don't want to touch that..."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat

In RL where the dog pees it kills all the grass. Pee puddles should leave bare patches.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 5th Jan 2017 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Love letters are some of the things delivered after a good date, IIRC. Pescado removed them because AL broke them or something, and Pescado didn't bother fixing them, because he didn't like them himself anyway.

Slig has fixed the Alfixes, so it doesn't eat loveletters anymore.
Test Subject
#60 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 3:55 PM
I would like to know just what each do. The names do not tell the whole story.
Link Ninja
#61 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 5:21 PM
You can get the descriptions here on MATY

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#62 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 7:46 PM
When you do find descriptions for your mods, copy them into text files and save them somewhere handy. I have a whole folder separate from my game for all the readme files for my mods and screenshots of objects and CC so I don't forget what they are or what they do.
Mad Poster
#63 Old 10th Apr 2017 at 8:02 PM
Hey..I do this too. Hi!!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#64 Old 4th Dec 2017 at 10:35 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 4th Dec 2017 at 11:27 PM.
After installing a few hacks, my sim out of the blue autonomously was directed to "make many hamburgers". Not sure If it was the caused by directing to do a witchcraft business task.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:40 AM
What hacks though?
Mad Poster
#66 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:17 PM
Business Runs You and it's required one's (autoyak, autosoc, BUY, skilinator and macrotastics)
Mad Poster
#67 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 4:50 PM
That's expected behavior, @sneakwingphoenix, Business Runs You is feeding your employees so they don't need to go home from work. Do they have a toilet and shower with BUY in it, and a coffee machine, and a kick the cheat or a gnome or chicken, and a phone? Your employees will never depart again!

(Pescado would be the WORST boss!)

Very handy if you're trying to grind through a sim's LTW of 5 top businesses, though. You can't quite read a novel while ignoring them, but you can definitely do something that requires a hair less concentration, like crocheting. Every now and then all the employees will end up drinking coffee at the same time while your customers throw bags at the registers since they can't check out and so on.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#68 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:31 PM
I just came here to ask a question wondering where to post it and this one was right there. (: Anyway, what is vista chair? I just found it in a folder of Pescado mods with no description or idea what the heck it is.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 7:26 PM
Pescado REALLY hated Windows Vista. To express his feelings, he made a spiky chair that decreases comfort. Pictures in the support thread linked below. (I have this thing in my game, but have never used it and now can't find it in the catalog. Maybe it was over-written by something else?)

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8768.0.html
Theorist
#70 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 11:46 PM
Weird, I mean, just weeeiiirrd . . . (: No clue why I would download that. If I had help to fix my Vista, I'd be playing sims on it, didn't mind it. Only problems is the internet plug thingy doesn't work and defrag was running and couldn't be stopped.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#71 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:18 AM
What was so bad about Vista? I can't really remember anything about it. Then again, I'm running 8 and am greatly enjoying it (all the pretty colours!!!! )
Mad Poster
#72 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:22 AM
Vista was actually a pretty decent operating system, but between the fact that a lot of computers barely met the minimum requirements to run it, manufacturers being slow to update their drivers and software (XP had been around a good few years), and the whole mess with UAC (though, from a security standpoint, it's better than XP leaving things wide-open), people didn't like it. Personally, though, I had very few problems with it. It was pretty damn stable compared to XP.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#73 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 12:29 PM
@Sunbee I don't think I had any employees at that time I played/had the mod.

@RoxEllen1965 would you like to share your own documented stuff from your text file?

And can anyone let me know what these do, secretly or observations worth mentioning:
- macrotastics
- autoyak
- ALfix
- ffsdebugger
- stuckobjremover

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 2:08 PM
Macrotastics changes the sickness code, I think. There was a bug where Sun&Moon's toxic plants could cause Sims to instantly die if Macrotastics was also installed. I think they updated it to remove the toxic part because of it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#75 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 12:20 AM
It is not possible that Macrotastics changes disease processing. It does not change any existing resources in the game, everything is within a self-contained object in group 0xFFFFFFFF. Also, I have a hack that *does* change disease processing, and HCDU does not report a conflict between it and Macrotastics (or any of the other Pescado hacks in my game). This is what I mean by the misinformation people spread about Pescado's mods. Maybe the macros somehow interfere with the functioning of this other mod, but at this level it is simply a user error to have mods that logistically interfere with each other.
Page 3 of 4