Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 8:40 AM
Jawusa, if you're referring to 'changelotzoning' cheat, then I don't think its possible to make use of it with just the BG, or am I missing something?

Unless it can be done with SimPE?
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#52 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 2:39 PM
It can be done with SimPE. I would not use that cheat anyway because it can corrupt the lot.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#53 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 7:43 PM
Changelotzoning can corrupt the lot? I never heard that. How?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#54 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

Ditto, here... I've never heard that before! I do it all the time. Oh NOOOO!
I 'googled' and couldn't find anything about it.

I'm back, btw (obviously) give me a few days to recover, and I'll be a regular poster again

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#55 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 9:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

I've read that somewhere. I believe it was here on MTS but I can't remember. Sorry.

I once couldn't load a lot because of that cheat but I've never had any issues with custom apartment lots.
So this cheat can be used to convert a residential lot into an apartment lot.

But I wouldn't use the cheat to convert residential lots into community lots and vice-versa.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#56 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 4:50 PM
Is there room for another house? I can start work on my towerhouse/family today. Are we still aiming for a Scotch/Irish feel - or a more European coastal town?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#57 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 5:29 PM
I think it's OK. You can build any styles you want. Just make sure that you don't build sci-fi houses.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#59 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 11:00 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 18th Feb 2015 at 3:21 AM. Reason: Adding Pix
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I wish players would give a sneak peak of the house layouts here.

LOL! I think I'm gonna have to with this one. This is really tough to do in just BG! ...I'm not sure mine is cutting the mustard here. I'm still in-game on my big rig, fighting away with it - I'll post a few pictures in a while. I could really use some suggestions/help!

Hubster looked at it a while ago and said, "Yeah, Hon, it's not your best work." O.O

OK - ETA - please look, and suggest away!!!
Screenshots

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#61 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 11:09 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 21st Feb 2015 at 2:37 AM.
Well... thank you, @PlatinumPlumbob :blush: But, I have to deflect a bit here - the other builders in this group are top-notch! Building anything in only the BG is really difficult, and these folks have made [at least] 3 completely different neighborhoods so far. OMG!

This is only the second house I've built this way - I'm still trying to figure out how to do "without" all the EP/SP building tricks I know! ...And, I'm really not sure about this one. It just seems 'off' to me. I wanted to make the "moat" swimmable - but didn't - yet. I don't have any place for cars to park (in future EPs) The kitchen is too cramped, but I think it will be functional. (I have to still make a family and test everything out.) And, the dining room - will that even work? *sigh*

OK - here's the hood with my house added to it. I rearranged a bit of the scenery/trees, and I swapped around 2 of the previously placed houses. I hope that is alright? Those other houses look great! I wish we could lower the pitch on a few of those roofs - they are steeeeep! Who is going to be 'finishing' up those houses? Or, are they meant to stay empty? The Fitness Center looks really nice, too! I thought you were going to add a few pieces of exercise equipment? I also noticed you only have 1 grill - which may be just fine - but you have 6 (I think) tables... you might want to add one more grill?

*attachment removed

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#62 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 5:48 AM
@CatherineTCJD If it is still the 5 that I put in then they come from my Riverside Hood with no Sims and all I have done to them is changed the outside walls coverings.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#63 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 6:11 AM
@Marka93 - Yes, I think it's those 5 houses. They have absolutely no furnishings (no plumbing, no lights, etc...) So - will you be the one finishing them up then?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#64 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 2:10 PM
Only if I have to, I will leave them for others to use for now.

I would prefer that they should have the insides changed up to be more like a european house would be.

As I said when uploading them.
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
They are by no means finish for i have no idea how they look on the inside to keep them with a european look.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#66 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
The Fitness Center looks really nice, too! I thought you were going to add a few pieces of exercise equipment? I also noticed you only have 1 grill - which may be just fine - but you have 6 (I think) tables... you might want to add one more grill?

Ah! Thanks! Well, I was supposed to add more equipments, problem is, with just the base game, the gym equipment doesn't appear when building a community lot for some reason. However, once I can download the neighborhood again after someone is done working on their lot, I'll fix it up.

I think someone already has uploaded the neighborhood, so I will take a look at it, unless someone else is working on it ATM?
Mad Poster
#67 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
I think someone already has uploaded the neighborhood, so I will take a look at it, unless someone else is working on it ATM?

Yeah, I uploaded it back in post #62.

I should have my family about ready to go by this evening sometime. I also started a restaurant yesterday (in my AGS) which I'll be ready to add to the map by tomorrow, I should think. .

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#68 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 6:32 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:41 PM. Reason: Attachment no longer necessary.
Okay, I managed to edit the lot a bit, so here a few pictures!

BTW, the name 'Fitness Center' is just to let everyone know the purpose behind this lot. If you got something more creative to change it to, then please, go ahead!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#69 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 11:26 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 19th Feb 2015 at 11:41 PM.
AAAAACK! I almost screwed up everything!!! I somehow lost the restaurant I started making yesterday...

I'm so glad you uploaded V4 @M.M.A.A.! I will redo the restaurant. Woah! Why is my house a Community Lot now? I can change it back with SimPE, right?

Does anyone have a clue as to why my BS sim/family (made for this hood) are not showing up in CAS? Yes, I put their ####.package files in the AGS DL folder. Nothing!??? I tried sticking them in savedsims too. Nada.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#70 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 12:19 AM
I am taking myself out of the loop for awhile and will not be able to help for some time to come.

My knee has been getting the better of me for the last 2-3 weeks and my pain meds keep me down most of the time.
I will try to check in ever day but my brain is to fuzzy to do any work on this hood. I have not been able to play now for over a week, I start up the game and just set there doing nothing.

I will take a break from all game playing for now.

Mad Poster
#71 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 1:17 AM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 20th Feb 2015 at 1:50 AM.
Oh, @Marka93 - we will miss your input! But, you take care of yourself first I'm sorry you're dealing with such pain Is there a surgery they could do to help? I hope you are feeling better - and much more clear headed - soonly {{{hugs}}}

ETA: I got my AGS CAS to work. I reinstalled my AGS... no prob!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Trainee Moderator
#72 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 7:49 AM
@marka93 Just take the time you need. You already built some houses for the neighborhood so don't worry about that. I'm glad that you're feeling a bit better now. Just relax and wait until the pain disappears completely. I would wait for a surgery because it's a bit risky and you could lose the ability to walk as you said in a PM.

Of course it's your life; you decided whether you want the surgery or not.

By the way, I hope that your knee's going to be fixed soon.
Someday you will proudly come back with a 'fixed' meniscus, ready to build more houses.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#73 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 11:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
I am taking myself out of the loop for awhile and will not be able to help for some time to come.

My knee has been getting the better of me for the last 2-3 weeks and my pain meds keep me down most of the time.
I will try to check in ever day but my brain is to fuzzy to do any work on this hood. I have not been able to play now for over a week, I start up the game and just set there doing nothing.

I will take a break from all game playing for now.

Oh! Sorry to hear that! (Knee-pain is a b****!) Don't worry about us! Just get better!
Trainee Moderator
#75 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 3:18 PM
@HugeLunatic Yes, of course.

You can either uplaod the entire neighborhood with your lot or just the lot as a .sims2pack file.

My Simblr
Page 3 of 18