Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Hood Building Group : 25th May 2015 at 5:02 PM.
Default A new venture from the HoodBuildingGroup: Bayside Flats - ideas and comments welcome :)
A new venture from the HoodBuildingGroup: Bayside Flats - ideas and comments welcome

This time we are planning a smaller hood - it is a lush hood based on the PS Mesa Flats terrain - and renamed Bayside Flats.

It will have a small-town feel with only 3-4 families who all know each other in some way. Architecture will be mixed, but with an old-world European feel (NOT Tudor style, please.)

This image is obsolete.

Please let us know your thoughts? Contributions and ideas are always welcome
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 7:41 PM
I hope I did that right?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 7:45 PM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 10th Feb 2015 at 7:59 PM.
Yeah, its fine. Long title, but its fine.

Now, for the major connection between all the families: Murder/Death Mystery!

Yes! All families are involved in one way or another in the murder of someone in the 5th household (since we're going for 3-4 families, we need at least 1 more household with a dead sim (or dead sims, instead of just 1).

This will be so awesome!

You can probably tell that I've been watching a lot of 'How to get away with Murder?'
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:01 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 25th May 2015 at 5:04 PM.
So this neighborhood is going to be European?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Theorist
#5 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
Yeah, its fine. Long title, but its fine.

Now, for the major connection between all the families: Murder/Death Mystery!

Yes! All families are involved in one way or another in the murder of someone in the 5th household (since we're going for 3-4 families, we need at least 1 more household with a dead sim (or dead sims, instead of just 1).

This will be so awesome!

You can probably tell that I've been watching a lot of 'How to get away with Murder?'

How 'bout not a recent murder, but a long past one hushed up and buried, however as happens rumors never die. Find the skeletons hidden in each family's closet to find out what actually happened.

Is it possible to make ancestors like Pleasantview has?
Trainee Moderator
#6 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:16 PM
Yes, it's possible but not recommended while sharing neighborhoods because it can corrupt the neighborhood if the tombstones get accidently deleted.

We should only add them if it's a part of their story (e.g. a murderer has murdered someone's grandmother)

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
How 'bout not a recent murder, but a long past one hushed up and buried, however as happens rumors never die. Find the skeletons hidden in each family's closet to find out what actually happened.

Is it possible to make ancestors like Pleasantview has?

But if it happened a long time, then the current sims won't remember (we want the current generation to cry about it as soon as we open the lots, for example), since the ancestors had to deal with it, not them. :/

Its is possible to create ancestors, but its a bit of a hectic process. First you need to create several couples, then have each of them have a baby , then, age those babies and parents up to adult and elders, and repeat the process with the new generation.
Trainee Moderator
#8 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:22 PM
@M.M.A.A. it's not that difficult. You can create 2 adults in CAS and use the pacifier to create an adult child. Then you can age the adults to elder and create a new adult sim. After that, you can use the pacifier again and generate a new child with the two adult sims. The newest sim will be the grandchild of the 2 elders and the child of the 2 adults. This is how I create 3 generation families in CAS.

The main reason not to add the ancestors is because it can easily corrupt the neighborhood if the ancestors' tombstones get deleted.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@M.M.A.A. it's not that difficult. You can create 2 adults in CAS and use the pacifier to create an adult child. Then you can age the adults to elder and create a new adult sim. After that, you can use the pacifier again and generate a new child with the two adult sims. The newest sim will be the grandchild of the 2 elders and the child of the 2 adults. This is how I create 3 generation families in CAS.

Yeah, but you need 4 elders, if you wanna include the other parent's parents. At least, that's how the families in Pleasantview are. :/
Trainee Moderator
#10 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:27 PM
It's still possible. But you can only have 2 grandchildren then.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:31 PM
We can probably generate the rest during game play. Its just so that it appears generational properly.

Or, we could just create them just like we did with the other neighborhoods: whatever suits each creator. :P
Trainee Moderator
#12 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:32 PM
We will see. We're going to finish Meadow Creek first.
As for the houses, how many houses will be in the neighborhood?

ETA: By the way, in the other thread someone mentioned about a divorced couple.

So I have a story in my mind.
Let's say there was a couple. The woman divorced from him and married someone other else. Then the man got jealous about that and murdered the woman's new husband, along with the woman's new husband's grandmother.
The woman's new husband's father works as a policeman and the grandmother was known to spread gossips around the town. The policeman is enemies with the man because he knows that the man has murdered his son.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#13 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
We will see. We're going to finish Meadow Creek first.
As for the houses, how many houses will be in the neighborhood?

If we're going for 3-4 families, then we will need at most 7- 8 houses, the extras being empty of course. If we're gonna go with 4 families + a 5th dead family, then we'd just go with 8 houses then.
Theorist
#14 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:39 PM
I think I will sit this one out as I don't think I would be good with makin a European style house. I make ordinary ones
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CaliBrat
I think I will sit this one out as I don't think I would be good with makin a European style house. I make ordinary ones

Maybe we can have different styled houses as well, if you'd like. We were just making suggestions.

BTW, I noticed that you're not part of the Hood Building Group, would you like to join in?
Trainee Moderator
#16 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 8:40 PM
So far, I tried to create American looking houses for Meadow Creek and it was acutally quite fun.
Even though they don't look really American.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#17 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 10:18 PM
Any house style is fine - I'd just really like nothing to be too modern. And to have there be a sense of "age" to the hood. (I live in central Florida - everything is new. Ugh.)

and Vintage Stuffeths
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#18 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 1:35 AM
Mad Poster
#19 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 6:26 AM
Here: https://www.pinterest.com/catherine...d-world-houses/
I started a pintrest board for what I mean by "Old World European" style... Think along the lines of seaside cottages, crofts, stone huts, manor houses, and, yes, maybe one castle/tower house. Lots of gardens, etc.

Woah! I just spent WAY too long looking at gorgeous pictures on the web *sigh* I guess I need to move to the Hebrides after all. LOL! (That's been a dream of mine since I was a wee young grasshopper! LOL)

AND - For this hood, we don't have to follow this style (or any other) - I just thought it might be nice to make the town a bit more cohesive.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#20 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 2:05 PM Last edited by marka93 : 11th Feb 2015 at 5:58 PM.
It looks like 2-3 Riverside houses would fit that style. (On the outside anyway.)

Just need to change the white clapboard look to rock and there you go.

ADD: @Jawusa could you make up a tutorial on how to change the internal hood # for if we keep on making new hoods some of them will not be able to be played on some players computer without taken out other hoods with the same internal #.

We need to come up with a high # and start setting the internal with that # and go from there.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
#21 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 7:59 PM
I believe the game does update it then. There's a similar case between Belladonna Cove and Pleasantview.
By the way, we could change it to #113 then.

My Simblr
Theorist
#22 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 9:09 PM
I think it would be really cool to make a neighborhood that that a clear 'upper class side' and a 'lower class side' A wrong side of the tracks neighborhood. Could even incorporate 'dirt' roads such as these found here http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...0&u=55535&f=519

Mad Poster
#24 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
TL;DR Bayside Flats looks like a coastal town. I would guess the "bay" is the Mediterranean sea - maybe Greece, Italy, France, or Spain.

Why TL;DR? What's too long?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 8:22 AM
Not to be a downer, but maybe you guys should style your houses a little differently since maxon's hood is stone houses and a murder mystery. What about weathered coastal/pastel type houses? Like the Italian Riviera.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 18