Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Obsolete: Toybox Stores Collectibles

by egureh Posted 8th Jan 2015 at 3:08 AM - Updated 28th Jun 2018 at 4:44 PM by egureh

80 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 38 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:03 AM
It looks great! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:20 AM
Fantastic! That was my wish <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 7:20 AM
Huge thanks very much needed mod! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 9:12 AM
Thank you for this. I so miss the chest from The Sims 3 WA expansion for organizing my collectables . This will be like having them back again.
Beautiful Dinosaur
THANKS POST
#6 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 11:56 AM
This is fantastic thank you !
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 12:33 PM
Wow, that must have been a load of work o.O but great idea, thank you!

Just to clarify how this works: this overrides all of the collectibles so they will go in any toybox, right? (In case the upcoming game pack introduces new toyboxes, or people make toybox clones, it should work for those as well then .. or am I mistaken?)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:45 PM
I have never enough space to store my collectibles, and I did not even know that I needed this but... I think I won't be able to live without it again. THANK YOU!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 1:48 PM Last edited by egureh : 8th Jan 2015 at 3:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Wow, that must have been a load of work o.O but great idea, thank you!
Just to clarify how this works: this overrides all of the collectibles so they will go in any toybox, right? (In case the upcoming game pack introduces new toyboxes, or people make toybox clones, it should work for those as well then .. or am I mistaken?)

I merely added <E>TOYBOX</E> under <L n="valid_inventory_types"> for each kind of collectible.
So yes, any toybox is okay, as long as it's a toybox, not a bookshelf or something else.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 4:08 PM
Thank you. I was waiting for someone to do this!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 9:46 AM
Well, it looks like there's only a single toybox space in the family. That means everything will mix together. I am looking for something like treeag's Storage of Sims 3:
https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407111

That will sort things out into different boxes by categories you defined.

Besides that, you might consider allowing elements or even plants and fishes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 10:04 AM
Thanks, this is very useful!! Great idea!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wheatberry
Well, it looks like there's only a single toybox space in the family. That means everything will mix together. I am looking for something like treeag's Storage of Sims 3: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=407111
That will sort things out into different boxes by categories you defined.
Besides that, you might consider allowing elements or even plants and fishes.

Yes, can't agree more, I also prefer the storage in TS3, any inventory is individual, that could be kept in good order.
But you know, we're in TS4 now, rules have changed, all the same kind of containers on the same lot share a same inventory.
Not only toybox, check the bookshelf or fridge and you'll see, you get only ONE ingredient inventory even with a dozen of fridges.
And the rule works on community venues as well, don't be surprised when you find bookshelves are all connected in library.
I guess SimGurus wish to avoid waste or duplicate with this little magic, but truely, it leads to new trouble in classifying objects.
That's why I didn't count in elements and etc., they have their better place to go, no need to join in such a mess of toybox.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 12:28 AM
What a great idea! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 1:59 PM
Thanks for the update!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 3:25 AM Last edited by zemira : 18th Jan 2015 at 3:56 AM.
thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, I was getting tired of carrying around all these bugs
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:51 AM
Which one should i download? I have outdoor retreat.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Avalon88
Which one should i download? I have outdoor retreat.

Then you could download both, ToyboxStoresCollectibles_GP01.zip is only for Outdoor Retreat, no BASE game collectible contains.
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egureh
Then you could download both, ToyboxStoresCollectibles_GP01.zip is only for Outdoor Retreat, no BASE game collectible contains.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:32 PM
Any chance you could update it to also let you store herbs and berries? We can't store those in the refrigerator either and it would be a tremendous help to store them with the insects, too. If not, I totally understand, I'm grateful for this as is.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 21st Jan 2015 at 9:34 PM
I definitely agree with the rest. I was missing the storage boxes. Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Trinity2oo5
Any chance you could update it to also let you store herbs and berries? We can't store those in the refrigerator either and it would be a tremendous help to store them with the insects, too. If not, I totally understand, I'm grateful for this as is.

I think you need this mod. -> Fridge Stores All Kinds of Harvests
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 22nd Jan 2015 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by egureh
I think you need this mod. -> Fridge Stores All Kinds of Harvests

Oh thank you, this is perfect!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 5:28 PM
Thanks for this mod. Was disappointed that the toy boxes all have the same inventory items like fridges do but it's still better than items taking up room in my personal inventory.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 3:52 AM
Thanks for this mod! I can't believe they didn't give us a place to store insects... its like they don't play their own game hehe /shrug
Page 1 of 4