Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#51 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 9:16 PM
Then there's Southfringe Sanctum.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:45 PM
I've been there so many times, where the hell is the fox?! I didn't know there was one

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Scholar
Original Poster
#53 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:48 PM
There's a cage. Go towards the cage, Nymph.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 3:13 AM
I <3 Skrim. I beat the game once and double checked that I did all the missions. I'm currently on my 2nd time around, this time with mods, and plan on joining the Imperials this time. The first time I fought with the Stormcloaks. My boyfriend thinks you should always join the Imperials because the logo of the game matches their flag. Got sidetracked with simming, so Skyrim is on my back-burner for now.
Test Subject
#55 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 4:37 AM
I'm completely in love with Skyrim. I've got the GOTY edition for my pc. I've beat the main quest lines a few times but I enjoy all of the random side quests and just exploring even more. The unmarked locations are great, the hot springs one always makes me laugh.
I've played all the Elder Scrolls game since Morrowind and the series ties with the Fallout series as my favorite. Although I like Fallout New Vegas better than 3.
Scholar
Original Poster
#56 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 9:49 PM Last edited by Graveyard Snowflake : 16th Mar 2015 at 9:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by steph1417897
I <3 Skrim. I beat the game once and double checked that I did all the missions. I'm currently on my 2nd time around, this time with mods, and plan on joining the Imperials this time. The first time I fought with the Stormcloaks. My boyfriend thinks you should always join the Imperials because the logo of the game matches their flag. Got sidetracked with simming, so Skyrim is on my back-burner for now.

Well, I won't argue with you about which side you should join, but if you want my advice, go with who you believe is the true High King/Queen. Don't let anyone force you into joining one side. I personally prefer the Stormcloaks, but then again, that's just me.

EDIT: What happened....?

"Meh." - me
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 10:48 PM
With what? I only just got a new laptop. I'll be reinstalling tonight I'm sad I have to start all over now though

What's going on in your game, Snowflake?

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Theorist
#58 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
Well, I won't argue with you about which side you should join, but if you want my advice, go with who you believe is the true High King/Queen.

You don't have to take any side and the quest Season Unending will eventually trigger as you proceed with the main quest. Then you can negotiate a truce.
Scholar
Original Poster
#59 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Graveyard Snowflake : 17th Mar 2015 at 6:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
You don't have to take any side and the quest Season Unending will eventually trigger as you proceed with the main quest. Then you can negotiate a truce.

I've done that quite a few times. I know what happens. And I just noticed that I always take a side after I defeat Alduin. Lately I've sided with the Stormcloaks for some reason.

Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
What's going on in your game, Snowflake?

I became a Vampire Lord, killed Harkon, discovered all three words to Drain Vitality, killed a few dragons, became a thane of Falkreath, and started building a house there (if I recall correctly, I'm looking for materials to finish building my house and actually furnish it), made a delivery to Raerek (I think that's how you spell his name, he's the steward of Markarth), hunted with some Skaal hunters over in Solstheim, tried killing Karstaag a few times and failed, pointlessly wandered around Solstheim for a while, left Solstheim, wandered around Skyrim....
Yeah. I've been busy. Right now I'm considering joining the Stormcloaks, but at the same time I don't want to because I'm still a Vampire Lord and I have a side quest from someone at Castle Volkihar that requires me to kill someone in Solitude and I don't want to go to Solitude because they execute an innocent person. Decisions, decisions...

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 7:21 AM
I will be joining the Imperials, but still haven't done it. I haven't been playing Skyrim as much lately, I just added the pets expansion to sims 3 and a whole bunch of mods, so that's been taking my time recently.

I'm looking for materials to finish building my house and actually furnish it

I have built all 3 houses in the game, and am rebuilding them all now that it's my 2nd time playing through. I always end up using the item codes for the building materials since it takes so long to collect everything you need. I typically dont like cheating in games but often do when it comes to crafting and collecting things since it can be so tedious. I don't have the patience to sit there and press the same buttons repeatedly. I am happy with being able to skip time to when the shops restock themselves, it's nice not having to play 2 whole days in game to wait for the restock. What is nice about being the 2nd time I've played and am very familiar with the game, is that I know right from the get-go what I should hold onto that will come in handy later.
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 10:23 PM
Well, shit. I was hoping there would be more of you who would side with the Stormcloaks...

Ah, well. Nothing I can do about it, right? At least not with everybody getting into a massive debate over which side is better. To be honest, I think Ulfric is a hell of a lot sexier than Tullius.

"Meh." - me
Scholar
Original Poster
#62 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:09 AM
Update on my character: I am now level 46, building a house (mostly complete, just need to build the final wing and finish furnishing it) and I am up to about 110,000+ gold. And all that gold is a result of me completing a bunch of quests, plunging through a bunch of dungeons and not really buying much. The only things I'll really buy are potions, poisons, and ingredients, but it's only when I really need them.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:47 AM
Wow, I didn´t expect people recently discussing Skyrim here.

I bought the legendary edition some weeks ago and started for the first time, and I am still highly impressed. I started directly with a heavily modded game, Frostfall, Needs And Deseases, and lots of other immersion mods inklusive. And I like that Sims-like playing style Bethesda put in, when they published hearthfire.
So I am not the player to run through the game and finish everything, I prefer to sink into a nice and beautyful simulation with me as famous dragon slayer. Like Nymphetamine I walk and harvest and collect all the things I need for potions or crafting, I build tents before sleeping, making a small fire to warm up.
And the last hours playing I tried to help rebuild Helgen recently. Got a nice tower there, and the first ruins got removed.
Theorist
#64 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nymphetamine
I'm still unfortunately trying to get it to run. It's chugging super bad, which sucks as I just got this laptop. I'm not sure what's wrong.

I would guess it's because you're running it on a laptop. Skyrim likes a pretty beefy video card, the kind that can keep a room nice and toasty in the winter.

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
Original Poster
#65 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eufl
Wow, I didn´t expect people recently discussing Skyrim here.

I bought the legendary edition some weeks ago and started for the first time, and I am still highly impressed. I started directly with a heavily modded game, Frostfall, Needs And Deseases, and lots of other immersion mods inklusive. And I like that Sims-like playing style Bethesda put in, when they published hearthfire.
So I am not the player to run through the game and finish everything, I prefer to sink into a nice and beautyful simulation with me as famous dragon slayer. Like Nymphetamine I walk and harvest and collect all the things I need for potions or crafting, I build tents before sleeping, making a small fire to warm up.
And the last hours playing I tried to help rebuild Helgen recently. Got a nice tower there, and the first ruins got removed.

Rebuilding Helgen? Is that a mod or...?

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 12:32 AM
Rebuilding Helgen? Is that a mod or...?

Yes, you can find it here. The fights are not really balanced, you will face pretty hard enemies, but the story is well done, and it opens the way through Helgen, as all the ruins will disappear, and the town will become lifely again. This happens slowly quest for quest, so it looks like they would really rebuild the town.
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eufl
Yes, you can find it here. The fights are not really balanced, you will face pretty hard enemies, but the story is well done, and it opens the way through Helgen, as all the ruins will disappear, and the town will become lifely again. This happens slowly quest for quest, so it looks like they would really rebuild the town.

Ah, I see. Too bad it's not actually part of the game - it would be really cool.

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 10:24 PM
Ah, I see. Too bad it's not actually part of the game - it would be really cool.

Indeed, this was, what I thought, when I´ve got more information about the game, I wanted to buy. So I had a list of mods in mind, that would fix known problems and enhance the gameplay (especially if one loves simulation games). Helgen reborn was one of them.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 3:04 AM
Yeah, I know this mods but sadly the one, that enhances the flair of the towns, is not compatible with open cities. And damn - I like to get the door opened by a servant...
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 10th Apr 2015 at 10:46 PM
It´s not the loading times, it is merely to be able to ride into a town and have my horse with me. I used the equivalent mod for Oblivion, and here in Skyrim Open Cities was much better, as it now is configurable via SKSE. And when I found out, that you get the door openend, if you are well known in a town... I mean, this is pretty immersive, and as I play on an older laptop, the solution was clear (for example: if I use the high resoution DLC my laptop likes to become too hot).

Loading screens aren´t that long though. But I really recommend to deactivate the auto save function. It is known for the most CTDs in this game, modded or vanilla. I instead save all time before leaving a level (like houses or dungeons) If it comes to a crash, the last save is clean.
Also I recommend using Mod Organizer and Loot together for load order and organizing mods (instead of any other program like NMM). Another very useful tool is the save cleaner.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 12:31 AM
SKSE should be installed manually (It turned out the best for me). It should be the ONLY one installed this way. It changes nothing, it only adds some files, so it is not able to conflict with anything, it is only a source.
From then on you can (and must) start via the SKSE. If you install Mod Organizer, you can start the SKSE from there. It is really easy, but it should be done first.
But if you (or someone else) want to know more: have a look for Gopher in youtube. He really explains everything related to modding Skyrim in a very nice and thoughtful way. His tutorials are the best you can get. And damn, I like his scottish accent...
Scholar
#72 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 6:05 AM
I'm thinking of trying out the Creator Kit and building my own house. Just not sure where to do it. Anyone used it before to mod stuff?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
Original Poster
#73 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:14 AM
I don't use mods. I can't, since I use an Xbox. Fort Fellguard is a good source of iron, but you'll have to get past the bandits. As for logs, you'll need at least 80 logs to build the house and all three wings and the furnishings within them. Of course, you'll find yourself going to merchants and blacksmiths a lot. I sure do. I get rather lazy and head over to Whiterun or Windhelm or someplace else to find a merchant that has the stuff I need. Other times I'll actually go out and find it.

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#74 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 10:20 AM
Ohohohohoho, peasant console player. You've mistaken me. I don't mean a quaint Hearthfire shack, as all three are garbage. I mean a super massive Barbie dream mansion the size of a city, built using the Creation Kit and placed within the world as a gift to the gods, with each detail designed to my exact liking. *'It's All About The Benjamins' plays as I strut out of the thread*

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 2:02 PM Last edited by Nidelia : 15th Apr 2015 at 2:14 PM.
Ah Skyrim, I even just started playing again recently! I'm currently running all the Unofficial Patch mods, a cave mod that makes the textures in caves more realistic, the Lovely Hairstyles CE mod, Extended Slider Colors (because who doesn't love purple hair on a Breton?!), True Eyes (because realistic eyes are so much better <3, Static Mesh Improvement mod, and a retexture mod for the Deity Shrines called "The Divines Shrines Retexture by Andre7890". :3 My game looks amazing and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I even have the free HD DLC for Skyrim as well, which also has an Unofficial Patch fix. :D

Anything house wise however, I'm very happy with the Falkreath location for the building house. Anything bigger and I'd lose my hubby and kids! D: Here's a good question, who are you guys' favorite bachelors/ettes? Or do you use the cheat to marry someone not normally marriage certified? :3 I personally LOVE Ralof.

Page 3 of 7