Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Friends Needed for Work (Updated, v2)

by ReubenHood Posted 18th Oct 2014 at 11:28 PM - Updated 18th Dec 2014 at 8:27 PM by ReubenHood : Update

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 9 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:42 PM
This is great! Thanks so much!!!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:21 AM
Yes thanks! I've been waiting for this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:23 AM
Yes! Thank you so much for making this mod! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:22 AM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 1:32 AM
You're super fantastic :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 3:24 AM
This is what i needed!! Thank you soooooo much, I mean who needs friends anyway..... XD thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 9:46 AM
Great idea! Thank you very much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:06 AM
Thank you for making this mod! Playing large families will be much easier and more fun now!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 11:32 AM
I can't believe it ! Done already ? Wow ! Thank you so much !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 12:10 PM
Thanks! I think the one that requires neither is for me! :) No more scraping up buddies (or enemies) for my Sims to advance...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 2:40 PM
Thanks so much, is there any chance you could make a separate version that replaces needing friends with needing charisma since that makes more sense?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 4:38 PM
Great idea, one of the things i hated most about TS4.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celiria
Thanks so much, is there any chance you could make a separate version that replaces needing friends with needing charisma since that makes more sense?

I can certainly look into this, it's a great idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:33 PM
Thank you so much for this. This is the one thing I have always hated with all Sims games. I like the idea Celiria had too. If both friendship and charisma could be avoid I would be in heaven.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:49 PM
Okay I just went into my game and the mod doesn't seem to be working

I have a sim who just made head caterer and has the goals to have 6 cooking skill and 5 friends. I added the mod went back in and it still lists the 5 friends goal, though now it doesn't seem to be recognizing the friends she does have.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 6:54 PM
Okay I just went into my game and the mod doesn't seem to be working

I have a sim who just made head caterer and has the goals to have 6 cooking skill and 5 friends. I added the mod went back in and it still lists the 5 friends goal, though now it doesn't seem to be recognizing the friends she does have.

This mod won't change the displayed Goals, it will still display the need for 5 friends. As long as your Sim reaches level 6 Cooking and has a high enough work performance your Sim should be promoted regardless of friend count.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReubenHood
This mod won't change the displayed Goals, it will still display the need for 5 friends. As long as your Sim reaches level 6 Cooking and has a high enough work performance your Sim should be promoted regardless of friend count.

Ah ok, sorry for misunderstanding.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:19 PM
Ah ok, sorry for misunderstanding.

You didn't misunderstand! It was my own mistake. When I first made the mod I was working on the friend goal for Mixologist (12 friends!) and had it partially completed. So when I first used it I had 4/12 friends, so I assumed it still tracked friends. When I completed the mod and tested it on the other careers I did so with Sims who had no friends at all so I never noticed that in does not track your friend count in the career goals list anymore like I thought it did. I just tested the mod real quick with a new Sim in a new game and after he made a friend it still read he had 0/4 friends in the Career panel. I was still able to get promoted with only the one friend though.

I've now updated the description to make it clear that the friend count for the career goal will always read 0/x friends. Thanks for that!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#20 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 2:50 AM
So the friends requirement is back? It was the one thing I really hated in TS and TS2 - even more than the stupid mosaic.

Obviously, I haven't got the game yet but once I'll get it this mod will get in before I'll start it for the first time. Thanks in advance!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 3:28 AM
Thank you for this. I was wondering if anyone would be making this mod or if I was going to have to do it my self. The friend requirement for some of the jobs was really starting to annoy me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:19 PM
Really waiting for a mod like this, great job!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:12 PM
You are awesome! I hated the enemies required for the criminal branch!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:19 PM
This is awesome.
As if my simmies have time to make friends/ enemies. They'd barely have time to sleep. XD
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 2:42 AM
Awesome -- I started the Criminal careers in another save and hated having to do all those Mean interactions to get the Enemies requirements.
Page 1 of 3