Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:07 AM
I'm having the same issue. It starts as soon as I enter build mode. And eventually gets up to 3/4 tracks playing simultaneously.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:53 PM
When I loaded my house today I didn´t get the music glitch, instead I got no music at all (even with volume at 100%). Now I´m worried to have destroyed something by continuing to play despite the glitch.
B.t.w. I seem to have no real soundcard, just something called HDAudio followed by a string of numbers and letters.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#28 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 10:06 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 30th Sep 2014 at 7:30 PM.
So...it hasn't happened the last three times I loaded the game. I can't tell what causes it or how to fix it.

*Update 9/30/2014 - I haven't experienced this glitch in several days. Maybe the patch fixed it?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 1:44 AM
So...apparently this is a bug that has never been fixed. I'm experiencing this with a specific family now, across more than one save. I went back a save and played again and it happened again.

Err...how did this ....? I thought this was in the "help" section?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 5:45 AM
I used to experience the problem when I would have multiple stereos on/off or after playing custom music.

Thankfully I don't use those items much.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 9:07 AM
Weirdly, I haven't experienced this issue since I removed custom music from my game (which never really worked properly anyway). So there may or may not be a link.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 10:00 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 4th Dec 2015 at 1:00 AM.
I still haven't added any custom music to the game. The music files that overlap are various loading screen types. It happened two times at a particular house. I played at another house and didn't experience. When I took Sims from the house where it was currently going on, the music cacophony continued with the Sims at a community lot. I'm going to keep playing and hope it clears up eventually.

*Update* It cleared itself up! I guess the solution is to wait it out and keep playing. :/
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:10 PM
I repaired the game, deleted cache files and restarted it (I also don't use any mods or anything) and this problem keeps following me and IT IS ANNOYING AF. Even The Sims 3 wasn't this laggy
Page 2 of 2