Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 10:37 PM Last edited by BloodyKeyblade : 26th Jan 2014 at 2:04 PM. Reason: solved
Default Can't find Transmogrifier Folder?
I cannot find the Sims Transmogrifier folder where it puts the cloned objects (.\downloads\transmogrified\objectname.iff). I want to put my cloned object into the User Objects folder to have it in-game. I tried cloning the "Manila 1000 Aquarium" (or "bigfishtank.iff"). For some reason, I even can't find that original file anywhere on my computer (search function on my entire disk). It's only available for me on Community Properties, but I also wanted it for buying mode for my sim's houses.

I looked up for it in following folders (don't wonder 'bout it, I'm from Germany):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\Die Sims\GameData
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\Die Sims\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\

In the folder "Die Sims" (my Sims program folder), there is a folder named "Downloads", but I can't find any folder in it that is named "transmogrified".

Before asking, yes, I configured that all hidden folders and files are shown. I also tried typing in the full folder path. No results for any folder existing that path.

I hope you can help me. I can't find that folder, but the Sims Transmogrifier clearly says that it exists.

Edit: I found the path of them. I just wonder, why the path is:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Maxis\Die Sims\Downloads\Transmogrified

I only thought; WTF, why in AppData? Why does Transmogrifier choose this path? I found it when I clicked in my Sims program folder on "compatibility files" in the list above, where I can choose the view of my folder etc. When I clicked it, the explorer automatically opened the folder path mentioned above.

SOLVED.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:32 PM
The files were put in VirtualStore because Windows doesn't like allowing you to edit files in Program Files, because it assumes that you don't know what you're doing and will mess it up. That's why I don't usually install programs into Program Files.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.