Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 3:06 AM
Default How Many Unwanted Babies Has ACR Given YOU?
So, I downloaded ACR (along with InTeen) awhile back, and I do enjoy the realism it introduces into the game. However, as a particularly forgetful person who doesn't always remember to make sure my couples are taking precautions to avoid any extra surprises, I QUITE often find my ladies unexpectedly expecting. In the neighborhood I play most often, probably at least half of the population is the result of either allowing family-oriented sims to enjoy their alone time or negligence with the biological clock. Got a couple of incredibly ugly sims I'm not planning to let reproduce? Almost GUARANTEED that they'll sneak off to a random bed or sofa and...bam! Congratulations, it's a troll.

Anyone else have this problem after installing ACR, or am I the only idiot letting their population get very quickly out of control?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 3:13 AM
Zero. I've never felt drawn to ACR, so I don't have it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 3:16 AM
^ditto^ I use risky whoohoo and that is risky enough for me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 5:03 AM
Only 1. I forgot to set ACR Birth Control on Goneril and Albany Capp and being a Family Sim Albany just had to try for baby and I heard baby chimes. I turned on birth control afterwards and Paige Capp is really the only opps baby that I can remember right now. ACR Birth Control is usually pretty effective when I remember to turn it on to stop Sims from having kids.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 5:15 AM
I have... six unplanned and, funnily enough, none of them came from my family sims. Two Romance sims who have red marriage memories and don't really seem to care for one another actively tried for baby and that blew my socks off. Other unplanned babies came from Popularity/Pleasure couples, Knowledge/Knowledge couples and a Knowledge/Fortune couple. My family sims just aren't trying! xD I find it hilarious.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Link Ninja
#6 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 5:57 AM
Five? One had twins acr and sans cheesecake.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 7:12 AM
I think my sims have less children with ACR, than they had before I used that. I made them try quite often and the risky woohoo mod has quite high odds as well. I still use that, but it doesn't affect ACR woohoo. The genetics are my favourite part of the game, so none of the children conceived through ACR are unwanted by me and I consider them wanted by their parents as well, because they tried to have them. I still use the first ACR version and I feel the math behind it works pretty well, as all the sims trying for baby through ACR usually already have a baby want present or roll one during pregnancy.

There are a few unplanned kids through the five percent risky woohoo odds, that come with ACR. I have one romance sim living in a small apartment downtown, who got pregnant that way on her third date. Her date was a family sim, so I moved him in to help take care of the kid. Shortly after the baby was born, he tried to put out a burning tree and died while the mother was at work. One of my playable male romance sim was living in the same apartment building and the now single mother needed the aspiration points, so she invited him over for some woohoo after she came back from work and got pregnant via risky woohoo again. She is actually a really great mother, though. She rolled wants to teach each of her children all the toddler skills and constantly interacts with them.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 7:20 AM
Since I generally have families have lots of children ACR can't really give sims babies that I don't want. If the couple doesn't want kids then it's a story opportunity for me.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 9:18 AM
None. If I feel that a couple shouldn't have (more) kids, I put them on birth control. If I happen to forget, I just terminate the pregnancy with the SimBlender.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 12:57 PM
Waaay too many, but it can give an interesting shift to my Sims' "stories". I do keep watch over certain Sims because I don't want them producing like bunny rabbits for some reason, such as those with already-large families. But I do like the genetic variations of unexpected pregnancies.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#11 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 2:07 PM
Way too many here too. For a long time, I played with Autonomous TFB disabled, and recently I enable it again. Now I remember why I liked to have it disabled! Buck Grunt was a freshman and had a crush on upperclassman Jane Stacks. Their very first woohoo (Buck's first time ever) resulted in pregnancy. Jane graduated and moved to Strangetown with the baby. Buck stayed at school and had fling with Lucy Burb. First time with Lucy and she got pregnant. Then I rotated to Jane's house in Strangetown. She invited Buck over because she heard rumors about him getting Lucy pregnant. They argued a bit but ended up making love. Result? Pregnancy. I blame it on Buzz. I guess he never taught Buck the birds and the bees. So Buck is a junior in college with one child already and ghetto twins on the way (ghetto twins = two women pregnant at the same time).

This is just one sim. Mary-Sue had a baby by a fling with Joe Carr, Angela Pleasant got pregnant by Ripp Grunt, Circe and Nervous had an unexpected baby (after a few miscarriages), Brandi Broke has gotten pregnant a few times through ACR by Darren Dreamer (they're married), but she can't carry a baby to term. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Edit! Ahhh, I forgot about my favorite child of all, Lisette! She is the product of ACR between Chloe Curious and Don Lothario.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 2:13 PM
ACR dumped me with twins for Stephen and Wanda Tinker, and a single kid for Malcom Landgraab IV and Jodie Larson. The problem with this? I was trying to do a zombie apocalypse challenge when these pregnancies happened. To be fair, I guess I sort of invited the latter by enabling children between unmarried couples, lol.

Ultimately, it worked out for storytelling purposes. Stephen and Jodie were the only adult survivors, with all of their kids (sans Melody) also surviving. For the epilogue, I decided that Stephen would stay at home to raise his twins, while Jodie would take over all of Malcolm's businesses and groom her son to be the Landgraab heir.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 2:36 PM
As I now never actively order my sims to try for a baby, all my pregnancies are surprises to me.
Alchemist
#14 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 3:26 PM
Five unplanned babies where I left birth control off and let things happen. Four babies who resulted from failed birth control (two are twins).
Mad Poster
#15 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 4:14 PM
Unwanted is such a loaded word, though. How about unplanned? I get lots of unplanned ACR babies. But I love getting them. Adults all by themselves are boring to me. There is no abortion in my game so if someone gets pregnant he or she is either keeping the baby or giving it up for adoption. If one of my sims really, truly doesn't want children right now, then he or she is going to avoid telescopes and refrain from woohoo. I have BoilingOil's hack so that males previously abducted by aliens can get pregnant by woohoo. I keep ACR autonomy turned off, but unmarried try for baby turned on.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#16 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 5:11 PM
All of my sim babies are from ACR. It is very rare that I ever turn on birth control. That leads to A LOT of babies in a hood, but I also set the risky percentage for each sim, as well as the percentage for whether or not the are capable of conceiving at all. This kinda evens things out, as well as makes the adoption feature useful.

For instance, at the moment, there are way more children and teens in my hood than there are adults, most from free loving sims who aren't married or even in relationships who are struggling to get by, Then there is my self sim, a Family sim, who rolled only a 2% chance of ever getting pregnant. So, there is a good chance that these babies that my other sims are popping out are going to end up adopted by my selfsim. So, the babies are never 'unwanted' even in their irth homes. SOmetimes, they just can't get the love and attention they deserve so they are put up for adoption. I never terminate the pregnancies...

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 7:17 PM
Wow, I didn't mean for this to be a 'loaded' topic...unwanted is a bad term for real people, but I didn't think it really meant anything for sims. Of course, I always take care of the kids and find a way to make it work. I'm not a fan of terminating pregnancies because I just can't stand the idea of it, even though they are just artificial things on a computer screen. I just meant accidental, I suppose, or unintended. Like, those who off and woohoo after meeting each other for the first time or something usually end up being the ones conceiving, while some of my people who have wanted babies forever try and try and it takes years (in sim time).

Anyway, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been a bit absentminded about sim birth control!
Mad Poster
#18 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 7:17 PM
I always set ACR up to stop pregnancies after one or two babies and except for the few aliens, never allow men to get pregnant. But I have SOOO many custom skins, and fugly faces that I LIKE, and love to see what I'll get. So my hoods get filled up with love-starved teens and lonely adults and I get bored with them and we have a killing spree. And the last time I let ACR give me a random # of babies, I got quads; I just had to get rid of a few...

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#19 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:05 PM
Just one. By ACR casual romance.

I was playing a family of three (mother, father and teen daughter). I did not plan for them to have any more kids and I really hate small children (toddlers). I did the mistake of letting the adults take a rest on the bed while I checked in on the teenager who was in the first floor. Well, eventually ACR kicked in and I discovered woohoo in the bedroom. And of cause the "act" ended whit a lullaby. I remember myself saying something like: Was THAT necessary right NOW?! I did not plan that! Oh well, the girl is a teenager now and she is a great kid but I still hate toddlers.

Anyway, I think it's a better idea to let the sims have their own kids if possible. I had a gay couple adopt a kid and he was OK as a child but got a very ugly face when he aged to teen. THAT however, is a different story.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#20 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 8:13 PM
No unwanted children around I have never use ACR, Why? I want control of the if, when and oops of the carry on in my Sims life.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Scholar
#21 Old 18th Jan 2014 at 11:43 PM
I dont even know anymore, a lot. And it's always on sim families who I don't want to have more kids
Mad Poster
#22 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 12:11 AM
I'm glad I didn't get ACR now. I prefer more control over my sims' lives.
Scholar
#23 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 1:22 AM
None?

I set the pregnancy odds where I want them. Sims never get pregnant unless I'm at least comfy with the idea.

You all do know you can adjust all the factors that go into pregnancy, right? You can adjust how likely they are to woohoo, how likely they are to do it under different conditions, and how likely they are to try for baby under different conditions, how likely try for baby will result in pregnancy, and how risky regular woohoo is. And you can also stop a pregnancy.

So I don't quite understand how you can end up with a lot of unwanted pregnancies with ACR.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 9:59 PM
With one family, I attempted to lower the amount in the household. For quite some time I had to deal with 8 people per household.. I can manage a lot of sims, but it gets tiring after a while. I set the parents preference to only want one child.. they ended with two more, which is okay. Three days in a row however, just when I was putting them to sleep I suddenly hearing splashing and chime noises as the two snuck into the hot tub.. again.. I'm afraid they'll move to the sofa next if I delete the hot tub.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Jan 2014 at 10:27 PM
Yesterday ACR suprised me with another one. I played the DeBateau family and Armand brought a coworker plus I'm directed him to greet two other ladies walking by at this moment. With one of the walkbys he immediately had a two bolt chemistry. Nice enough I thought. Sidenote: I have the "find-a-mate crystal ball" which let me find the perfect mate for my sims. Armand rolled up Cassandra Goth as his best, but the second was very familiar to me... yes, is was Mrs.-Two-Bolts.
After dining, the three ladies and Armand get in his hot tub and out of curiosity I make Mrs.-T-B selectable and looked throw her data. So I was distracted as ACR decided to let them woohoo. The last I saw was the ACR message "trying to get pregnant: blahblahblah: 10%, random rolled: 4" I play without sound, so I immediately clicked on the SimBlender and checked for pregnancy... Armand you crafty little guy! Now you have your heir! :D
Well, at least I have a little storyline for him now.
Page 1 of 3