Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:24 AM
I had a dream just this week about Widespot. I was hiding under a table in the living room of the Beech house while a party was going on in the kitchen. I was trying to call Peni on my cell phone -- which looked exactly like one of the ingame ones in my dream -- in hopes of an idea to get out of the party before the hosts or any of the guests recognized me (and let me know exactly what they thought about what I've done with/to their lives). Apparently the long-distance charges from Widespot to Texas were high, because my account ran out of money as soon as she answered. So I crawled out from under the table and slunk my way into the party, desperately hoping that I would escape notice before I escaped out the back door.

Sandy kept giving me odd looks like she suspected something -- and my excuse of being with the catering company about fell apart when Penny offered to help me get food from the van -- but Hamilton set fire to the grill and gave me an opportunity to duck out.

My CC creations, updated April 21, 2015.

My Simblr
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 3:30 AM
Ages ago before sims 2 pets came out I had the weirdest dream about sims 2. I was a sim in a house that was surprisingly well decorated (at that point my houses were still boxes with furniture) and sims 2 pets was installed. You could buy living foals from buy mode but they were broken in my game and came out as plumbobs. You could also have pet snakes of various sizes of course I scatted aquariums with snakes in them all over my house. However they got out and tried to murder me. Somehow I managed to catch the boa constrictor and get him back into his cage. Then the school bus turned up so I got on it to escape from my house that was suddenly on fire. Death was waiting for me on the school bus and I promptly woke up.

Another time I dreamed I was a sim talking to my mother who was a sim and started to get freaked out because I was a sim and said that the dream couldn't be a dream because I could remember waking up that morning. Then aliens came and abducted me from the kitchen and I went screaming how they were breaking the rules of the game by not abducting me while I was star gazing from the expensive telescope.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 5:10 AM
OK, I've had a stressful day here, but Aegagropilon's dream made me laugh, so thanks for that! You should've gotten Val to defend you - he's gotten a pretty nice life in your game, as I recall! But at least Hamilton's pyromania came to your rescue.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#29 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 10:10 AM
I often dream that I'm playing the sims, if that makes sense. I was tweaking one of my houses last night, and when I went to bed, I dreamed about building. I tend to do it when I'm getting a bit obsessed with the sims. I have an obsessive personality, so that happens with lots of things in real life too, especially horses, if I think about horses at night, I often can't sleep because I my brain just won't let go.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 7:27 PM
I dreamed about sims too..
Once I had a legacy family {about 4-5 generations},and I played it veery often.Then,i dreamed about Rose Katrin and Joseph Mendler's wedding,and I was there too.It was so strange..
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 12:14 AM
I usually start dreaming about the sims if I don't play for very long time(3 days is that long?), that one time I see my friends playing my legacy or something and then I get angry of them, then they corrupt my neighbourhood manually lmao, and break my game. I never had neighbourhood corruption in real life but it was terrifying to experience it in dreams too.
Theorist
#32 Old 23rd Nov 2013 at 10:01 AM
Oh I'm so jealous of people who dreams of their sims. I had only two simdreams.

In the first one, two characters were talking like sims, they had their need bars and all. Not very interesting.

In the second one, I was stuck on a small island and panicked, because I can't swim. Leod McGreggor swam up to the island and took me on his back to the shore.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 24th Nov 2013 at 9:12 PM
I've not had a dream about my Sims, but I once had a dream where I seemed to be a Sim. I was at karate camp and there weren't any showers and I was panicking because my hygiene bar was in the red.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#34 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:24 AM
I dream about building in Sims all the time. Especially if I've been working on something before bed. Some of my best ideas come from dreams
Theorist
#35 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 5:09 AM
You must have a functioning line of communication from your unconscious to yourself! It's fascinating. I have an engineer friend who does the same, he sleeps to see how to solve engineering problems.
Site Helper
#36 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 5:01 PM
All people use sleep to solve problems. You may not be aware of it, but that's one of the things that happens when you sleep.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 5:10 PM
That and healing. That's why you sleep so much when you're sick - it's the only time the body has to repair itself.

In order to solve problems in your sleep, however, you need to engage with them first. The old dodge of sleeping on your math book won't work unless you've made a good-faith effort to solve them while awake.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 6:19 PM
I tend to dream whatever I've been doing. This is one reason I don't like horror, and am very choosy about movies. Sure, many movies are okay the first time . . .
So lately I dream a lot of Sarah A. Hoyt books and Sharon Lee and Steve Miller books, 'cause I'm on a re-reading binge. And I always dream a lot of sims. Sims are so peaceful. And I've just read all my sons' John Grisham books--the Theo Boone series. Which makes for some interesting mixed up together dreams, starring Kent Capp as Nat Remy, Nina Caliente as Miri Robertson and Justin Kim as Theo Boone . . . and if you know the books you know how badly those castings work, let alone cross universes to make any sort of sense. (But I still want to know who plays Val Con and Pat Rin and Lucius Keeva.)

Yeah. My subconscious is wired weird.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Theorist
#39 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 6:57 PM
My dreams are mostly repetitions of whatever happened yesterday, like Sunbee's. Minus everything "virtual" like horror movies and games, for some reason anything that's not about daily interactions has almost zero chance to ever be dreamt. That's pretty boring compared to other people's accounts.

Just today my mother told me her nightmare: she was all clad in black, and then she met her co-worker, and he was all clad in black... (imagine it said slowly and in low voice, like she did) You can feel there's something exciting to this, even if the dream leaves an ominous feeling. I've never had this, even my nightmares feature realistic people and transpire in common places like my own room.

Problem solving? Maybe, but never quite as straightforward as house designs or engineering solutions. I used to dream a lot about reading books and trying to find knowledge in them, and they always sprouted some absurd sentences, like "everything that is white is red".
Mad Poster
#40 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:02 PM
But have you ever quit something one day in frustration, taken it up the next day, and suddenly found everything falling together? Your brain did that in your sleep, but didn't post the solution to your conscious mind, just made if available when needed.

Forum Resident
#41 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 7:51 PM
I always have at least one sim dream a night, but it is usually really short and just gives me ideas on what I can do next time I play. I forget most of them, but one that has stuck to me was making a spa/resort type place specifically for Elders to go, relax, and enjoy their final days. The name of the place is what really stuck though - Happy Endings Massage and Spa....

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Theorist
#42 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
But have you ever quit something one day in frustration, taken it up the next day, and suddenly found everything falling together?

Now that I think of it, I had one dream that actually solved a very long-lasting problem for me. Right within a dream. I guess that's what "help" from unconscious looks like.
Inventor
#43 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 6:52 PM
Most of my building ideas come from my dreams. Sometimes I dream about lots that I've built and can't help notice that they are different in my dreams. Sometimes just slightly different, so I rush to build whatever I dreamed. There have been times when I've had multiple ideas come out of dreams and I can't build the lots quick enough.

I like to build with a story in mind. So, often when I build, I try to describe the lot to myself. When making up back stories (for sims and for lots), I will have a sentence or a few words pop up in my head that I use as a guide. A lot of my dreams lately have been about where the lots are located in the hood, so I've had to pay attention to my neighborhood deco when building. A house way off in the woods has to be surrounded by a lot of trees and the house itself can't be built too close to the road.

When I was recently making over Delilah's house in ALT, I dreamed that she had walked by a house that she really liked. So, of course I had to build another house for her, near her current house. It turned out better than the house I made over for her.

I like my sims dreams much better than dreams about RL stuff. I think that is why I often build a lot - to keep thinking about stuff other than real life. Also why my game is not about the real world or real people at all.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 26th Nov 2013 at 10:55 PM
I have had several dreams about my sims. Most of them I do not remember so much about - but some have
been so real that it was so weird thinking of it the day after.
One dream I will never forget was a dream where I was running away from some people. I went on a bus to
get away when suddenly the busdriver stopped and was about letting the people I was running from get
up and search the bus. In the last minute one of my sims turned up and helped me out the back door
and helped me hide in some bushes - and I did not get caught.
That sim is one of my favorite sims - needless to say
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Nov 2013 at 12:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
Have you ever had dreams related to the sims games? Maybe dreams about your characters, or nightmares about your computer exploding when trying to play the sims. I know I have dreamed about the sims before, but I can't remember my dreams about the game. Can you?

i had this one dream about the sims 2
where i spent hours and hours downloading lots of custom content, doing hundreds of recolours and editing and creating. makeing lots of houses and community lots, i hade spent so long doing it, i fell asleep, and when i woke up, my sister had my laptop, and as i went to get it, she spilled her juice on it, and it fried, and im pretty sure i killed her. then i woke up screaming and i grabbed my laptop to make sure all my stuff was still on it ( cuz i really had spent hours getting stuff).
it scared me....
Link Ninja
#46 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 5:18 PM
I had a sims-related nightmare last night. I was playing sims and I loaded it and some child girls were in boys clothing, not the clothes I had left them in and I wondered if it was a sign of corruption. I clicked on the batbox (My most recent custom download) and there were only two options and I then I realized my Neighborhood WAS corrupted because even the batbox didn't work! So I had a back-up and before I did that I would just click the option on the batbox. Well the option caused my sim kid's face to get weird and then they climbed out the apartment window and fell to their death. The the game screen got all wavy and made a buzzing sound and I corrupted my whole game.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
#47 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 5:11 AM
Oh, I have a history of dreaming about games. One time a long, long time ago (relative to my age, of course), I had a dream where I found a secret way to enter Peach's castle in Mario Kart 64, and somehow it went from being some cool in-game mystery to actually being inside the castle with my grandmother like it was at fricking Disney World or something. Weird... Then I actually tried to do it in game, obviously it didn't work. Then I tried, in Super Mario 64, to find the track that is outside of Peach's castle in Mario Kart.

Back in fifth grade (or was it sixth) had a nightmare about another life simulation game called "Animal Crossing", which for me was kind of like The Sims before I started playing The Sims. I accidentally removed the memory card while it was saving on the Gamecube verison, and when I went back in, there was lots of sorrow, and everyone was saying their farewells, and I couldn't save after that; the character in what would usually be the save screen said it couldn't save because it was "strictly against the guidelines."

Since then, I've had nightmares of losing save data on games (including one where the computer crashed and I lost everything), including The Sims, and it's a nightmare that has come true a couple of times. Seriously though, how the Bell System do I remember fricking dreams from like ten and fifteen years ago, yet I rarely remember dreams from the previous night?
Alchemist
#48 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:51 AM
Just last night. Wellfff. Stupid dream... After my Sims were digging and digging foreverrrr, I found out that this was a new way to make neighborhoods. You had to dig yourself a flat area over and over to get a playable lot in your 'hood. (My dreams are a lot of work.)
Makes me wonder what is wrong with the 'hood I'm playing when awake! I am not homesteading, after all. *sigh*
Field Researcher
#49 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 7:10 AM
Lately I've been having dreams of an alphabetacy and something called the "Teritiary Mayor To The President" .. ending a story with the Z character (Zane was his name I think) having to write an essay about the family history as a summation of the story.

I really like that idea. I wish I was a gifted enough writer to get it written.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
#50 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 2:09 PM
You don't have to be gifted, Sanypsia. You just have to put your butt in the chair and write it. Discipline and no talent writes more and better words than talent and no discipline.

Page 2 of 9