Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#26 Old 31st May 2013 at 10:38 AM Last edited by Nemiga : 1st Jun 2013 at 5:36 AM.
If ts4 grafics will be like in those pictures,it would be just perfect :lovestruc ,cuz it looks like something between realism and cartoon
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 31st May 2013 at 11:50 AM
It would be great if the Sims in TS4 could actually have that level of detail, without requiring unusually strong computers.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#28 Old 31st May 2013 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
I think the pictures as in the main post, that style might cater more to teenage girls but they might just alienate the male fanbase further as with sims3.

With sims2 I feel they are still aiming more at both genders.

Not to mention, all ages. Teenage girls is right.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#29 Old 31st May 2013 at 2:03 PM
I think the pictures as in the main post, that style might cater more to teenage girls but they might just alienate the male fanbase further as with sims3.

Can you elaborate on this a little more? As a member of the "male fanbase", I've never felt "alienated" by the sims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 31st May 2013 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mr_Alex
First picture on the left from Sims 3,too doll-lish

Second picture for Sims 4,PERFECTO

Add it with body customization,SUPREME

I agree,body shape(Female:hourglass,pear,square)(Male:square/inverted triangle) + the body type slider(skinny-fit-fat) + muscle definition slider to really make each sim different.
Scholar
#31 Old 31st May 2013 at 2:51 PM
Meh, I think that some of the posters are too focussed on how 'perfect' those sims in the OP look. The poses and clothes (like someone mentioned, valley look) don't help with this either. Try to look beyond that and imagine how you could use body sliders to change the sim to whatever you want, but with that same artstyle. And hopefully not just sliders for generally fat/slim and fit/normal, like in TS3, but also different body types. Different rations between hip and shoulders, etc. Seperate sliders kind of like the sliders created by jonha.
Instructor
#32 Old 31st May 2013 at 2:54 PM
They look lovely, but tone it down a little and it would be great for The Sims. I think there needs to be a clear progression in terms of graphics but not so much it is like looking in a mirror.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 8:11 AM
Eh... hate to be the stick in the mud here, but I'm just not feeling it. I look at them and I see an adult game.

Hm. It might have something to do with the fact that it's past midnight here and I'm dead tired, but I'd rather have my cartoony TS2 sims than these gals. Yes, they're lovely. But I don't want sims looking like that.

Now, I'll go off to sleep before I say something stupid while sleep-deprived. But if the female sims in TS4 all look like that, I might end up sticking to TS2 and seeing how many expansion packs I can get before TS8 or so is released. You guys have fun, though. It might grow on me some other time, anyways.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
One Minute Ninja'd
#34 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 2:29 PM

Err, actually, I think if the women looked like the realistic photo in the OP, you would have many, many teenage guys wanting to "play" with those "dolls" using selfsims in game.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 5:51 PM
Since I want an "adults only" Sims4, I want realistic. Like on some totally unrelated games, where they look HUMAN. But I aldo want ability to go totally bazaar, alien, whatever. Yea, that means powerful computer. I have the money, and the patience to wait for a REAL life-simulation game!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#36 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 6:42 PM
There are some renders from the (assumedly) trashed prototype of The Sims 4 floating around; they look ok (considering they are old and would have changed by now) and quite representative of the small sneak-peek at the renders published during the announcement. They certainly look expressive.
Test Subject
#37 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 7:35 PM
OMG id DIE if they would look like that <3 im in LOVE !!!! what are these pics from ? they kinda look like Saints-Row 3 graphics <3 LOVE LOVE LOVE
Theorist
#38 Old 3rd Jun 2013 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aw4k3n1ng
A: False, there's a lot of techniques like bump mapping that help developers give a realistic look to textures, any recent graphic card with less than 8 years support bump mapping, there's a lot more techniques that can help giving that realistic look, being 3D doesnt mean it should look cartoon'ish.

TS2 and TS3 both already support bump mapping.
It does help give depth to a texture, but you can tell it's a flat surface when you look at the object from another angle and it appears flat. What I think would be really nice is tessellation. It's like bump-mapping in that it uses a grayscale image to map out different depths on a flat surface, but unlike bump-mapping, the effects of tessellation can be seen from all angles and can also smooth a low poly mesh. For example, in TS3, a lot of round objects like the bicycle wheels or science machine have very obvious flat edges and tessellation could make them completely smooth and round. Where I would really like to see tessellation is in clothing, where wrinkles, creases, belts, and necklaces would also stand out and look real rather than just looking like they're painted on.

No way. I think a lot of males would prefer that style over cartooney. Most of the character/NPC mods I see for Skyrim or Fallout are to clean up the characters and make them look a little too perfect, like those girls in the OP.

Personally, I think they look awesome, and I'm male!
If there was a "High End Hooker Pack" which makes Sim chicks look that good, all I'd want to know is where do I send the check?
As it is, I've been told all the TS3 female sims I make look like hookers, so that's right up my alley.

Are those images captured from an existing game? Because I think I might want that game!

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#39 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 7:50 AM
I would mind it if the Sims in the Sims 4 look like this. But personally, I think it should be a balance between cartoony and realism. Because too much realism and exaggeration can really over do it.

Two examples I think that are a balance between both of them IMO are....

Test Subject
Original Poster
#40 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
TS2 and TS3 both already support bump mapping.
It does help give depth to a texture, but you can tell it's a flat surface when you look at the object from another angle and it appears flat. What I think would be really nice is tessellation. It's like bump-mapping in that it uses a grayscale image to map out different depths on a flat surface, but unlike bump-mapping, the effects of tessellation can be seen from all angles and can also smooth a low poly mesh. For example, in TS3, a lot of round objects like the bicycle wheels or science machine have very obvious flat edges and tessellation could make them completely smooth and round. Where I would really like to see tessellation is in clothing, where wrinkles, creases, belts, and necklaces would also stand out and look real rather than just looking like they're painted on.

Yes, tessellation, indeed it is what The Sims need to fix those blocky edges and flat texture/surface. thanks for clarifying that. if they give us the option to have tessellation for those with powerful cards that supports dx11(dx9 & dx10 can't make use of tessellation) I will not mind to upgrade my pc. my questions are, does it need a lot of ram and does it require a powerful processor?

Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
No way. I think a lot of males would prefer that style over cartooney. Most of the character/NPC mods I see for Skyrim or Fallout are to clean up the characters and make them look a little too perfect, like those girls in the OP.

Personally, I think they look awesome, and I'm male!
If there was a "High End Hooker Pack" which makes Sim chicks look that good, all I'd want to know is where do I send the check?
As it is, I've been told all the TS3 female sims I make look like hookers, so that's right up my alley.

Are those images captured from an existing game? Because I think I might want that game!

Those images are not from a game, I found those images here
Test Subject
#41 Old 4th Jun 2013 at 9:31 AM
I think the real magic of the game is in cartoon style, and not realistic. If it was this way, at least I would not feel so attracted to the game.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 5:25 AM
i wish the sims looked that good but i think EA wants to be careful of them looking "too real" and wants as many pcs be able to run it so. i think the looks of the sims 4 isnt bad and cant wait
Field Researcher
#43 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 10:51 PM
I love this look, it is a pity they were not brave enough to inject something like this into 4 - with content to match - or any type of NEW look to go with a NEW series, with NEW gameplay.

This is what would make me jump to the next series because it is DIFFERENT! not the same what's the point? even the damn clothes in TS4 so far look the same

IMO TS3 went to a whole new level of childishness… and TS4 ......

If they took out woohoo they could start marketing to 5 year olds.
Test Subject
#44 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 1:18 AM
Sure these Sims are very nice looking. And I am positive one day there will be a life simulation game with this type of graphic. But for our quirky Sims? Maybe
But what would the ugly ones look like?

:D
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 1:53 AM

I love that picture. I think it perfectly shows the sims as they've always been, or were before the sims 3. Quirky, funny, charming, exaggerated, fun. That's what makes me love the game and I don't want to see that change.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvi...in/photostream/

^ That one as well. It just matches the sims style so well.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 4:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NotScottish

I love that picture. I think it perfectly shows the sims as they've always been, or were before the sims 3. Quirky, funny, charming, exaggerated, fun. That's what makes me love the game and I don't want to see that change.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvi...in/photostream/

Yeah exactly, that's what I mean its all the same again! - personally I don't like dorky and childish which I found more prominent in 3 and by the looks of that picture it could be well worse in 4 - I totally loved TS2 because it had a mischievous sense of humour that was fun but more.... mmmmm...... I really can't describe it........more age appropriate.......

But that aside the point I was trying to say is it needed a face lift - an all over difference - a new game with something better than just tweaked Sims with the same ugly clothes.
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 10:25 AM
I think that TS Medieval-ish look with less edgy body meshes (most of all, the head-neck connection and trunk in both sexes - and as far as we've seen from the TS4 CAS, these look more natural than in TS3) would be enough to catch the eye. The models presented are more than enough.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 12:36 PM

I love that picture.
"pic"

I dont know but when i see this pic it's like looking at a Game from 2004 or so. Wow it looks so bad, not only the unrealistic Facial expression but, where is the Texture, the Bump Map. It just looks flat without any details, just one solid color and another.
Scholar
#49 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 12:58 PM
I think it perfectly shows the sims as they've always been, or were before the sims 3.

They certainly do look like something from the last generation.
Alchemist
#50 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TullyKat1
I love this look, it is a pity they were not brave enough to inject something like this into 4 - with content to match - or any type of NEW look to go with a NEW series, with NEW gameplay.

This is what would make me jump to the next series because it is DIFFERENT! not the same what's the point? even the damn clothes in TS4 so far look the same

IMO TS3 went to a whole new level of childishness… and TS4 ......

If they took out woohoo they could start marketing to 5 year olds.

That would be an instant buy for me. Even with the Origin crap
Page 2 of 5