Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Down on your luck hostel-cc free

by joandsarah77 Posted 22nd Apr 2013 at 2:33 PM - Updated 27th Dec 2020 at 4:14 AM by joandsarah77

33 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 3:14 PM
This is brilliant, Jo! I love the railroad tracks! Design style: "Let me out of here!" One of my favorite lots ever, for sure!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:26 PM
You know, it's strange coincident - today I started reading a book entitled "Hotel du Nord" which tells a story of family owning a hotel and it's residents who are the working class of Paris. And, to be honest, your hostel reminds me of it Especially the rooms!
What's more, you made me realise that it'll be cool idea to upload my own apartments in this style I LOVE the idea of railway tracks, the trash all around the parcell and the cook!
Thank you!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 4:41 PM
Truly looks run-down, Jo, well done
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 10:21 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 9th Aug 2016 at 4:05 AM.
Lorin, Haha thanks. You always get my sense of humour.

Liv, thanks. Glad to inspire.

Karen, thanks. I think I used every bit of run down Maxis stuff that I could find.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Apr 2013 at 11:35 PM
Nice! This is just what my poor sims need! THank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 3:48 AM
LOL This is amazingly bad, in the best way! Great job, Jo!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 6:58 AM
Thanks for sharing Jo. Can it be more run down without the piano? A piano in general is a high class item, a used one is still not cheap unless it is a very very very old one, got beaten up for 3 or 4 generations, and the bubble blower here is very colorful. I know you try to do without CC, since it is a run down place anyway, tenants should not expect the complex has a complete set of skill building equipment right? Overall nice job.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 8:25 AM
child_of_air, thanks.

Darby, well good lol that was certainly the intention.

eliseluong, I added the piano for the horrible noise the uncontrollable tenants would make on it. Feel free to change and alter as you want.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Apr 2013 at 2:02 PM
I nearly fell off my chair from laughing when reading the description of this Apartment complex LOL!!That alone is enough too make me download it.I'm sure Goopy will love his new place haha.Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 12:22 AM
Your lot is incredibly unique and has lots of personality! I also like the atmosphere of the hostel a lot. Great work, jo! I'll sure download it right now!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Apr 2013 at 2:03 AM
Awesome lot, Jo! I always love your lots.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 8:09 AM
Very nice (and great description and pictures^^)! It's the perfect place for those sims who recently graduated and don't feel quite ready to change their lifestyle for a more adult one. That train path in the back is adorable, I'm stealing the idea for my personal use :p
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Apr 2013 at 11:34 PM
Simkat, glad you got a laugh. I aim to amuse.

Lipe, I bow to your decorating skills, so thanks!

Esme Thanks. I just wish you could download it. ((hugs))

Lili975, glad you like it. Steal away lol.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Apr 2013 at 5:07 AM
Wish I could download it (don't have all the stuff packs) - this is hideously beautiful.
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#16 Old 6th May 2013 at 1:40 AM
I downloaded this the other day, and I wanted to come back and say that it's a hoot to play, especially the hookah -- I mean, "bubbles!" -- on the rooftop. I sent a Sim who'd gone bankrupt due to bad business decisions (Damn chance cards!) in the main neighborhood to live in it, and let's just say that he's had to do a bit of adjusting. I love it! You could build a whole story around this thing. Maybe I'll do just that...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th May 2013 at 2:42 AM
Thanks SusannaG. So long as you have M&G you can download it.

Lol, iCad I'd love to see some pictures if you do.

~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#18 Old 17th May 2013 at 12:10 PM
Creepy and disqusting place, I love it! Especially the rail track and that rastaman room on the roof
Test Subject
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 8:18 AM
This is awesome! I just downloaded it for my game because it suits my purposes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Jan 2014 at 10:19 PM
Perfect!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 5:30 AM
girlmeowth, glad you find it disgusting lol.

BigLenny, have fun doing whatever it is you plan to do there.

Tommyg, thanks!

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 11:12 PM
I remember looking at this last year and thinking how awesome it was, and now that I have a seedy, decaying abandoned theme for my downtown, this is perfect. I think I may use this to move the teen hood rat townie girls into when they get knocked up. When I saw it again while browsing and spotted your name, I immediately said to myself, "Oh yeah, that lot! joandsarah made that?! Then I know I can trust it."

I can't wait to use it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 2:43 AM
I just realized I now have all the stuff packs and can use your lots! You know how excited I am?

(Yes, I know they don't crash if you're short SPs if you've got the last one, but every time I'd tried lots I didn't have SPs for they lagged like mad.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 3:27 AM
Thank you EmeraldFalcon, I hope you are enjoying the lot.

Sunbee you made me smile, thank you. I hope they live up to your expectations!

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 6:41 AM
Do you know of a mod that actually allows sims to cook their meals in a regular way on a lot like this? I have 3 similar crash pads. Two things come to mind as problems. The first is that sims have only the make and the make many options from the refrigerator. They will make a group or single meal this way and they will sit at the table to eat it. But no one else will join them because technically by being it the main room they are not guests. The second is how difficult it is to build friendships with this sort of lot. It feels like they start over from scratch with each encounter. I go along with this but would like a way around them if they exist. Meanwhile this is a great lot and I commend your skill!
Page 1 of 2