Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 12:56 PM
Team neither... currently.

I accidentally picked up Don's lot instead of just moving him out so he now knows nobody. Whoops. Although he is still sleeping with the entire town.
I used that creepy death phone from university and brought back Dirk's wife, for some reason Darren isn't happy with this.
And I turned Cassandra into a teenager so I could send her to college, but unfortunately she still has the hots for Dirk, it's slightly awkward.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frankeee
I accidentally picked up Don's lot instead of just moving him out so he now knows nobody. Whoops.

Just FYI, this slip up has corrupted your Pleasantview. (All the premade 'hoods contain a certain amount of corruption before you ever play anyway, but binning an occupied lot makes it worse.) http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Hood_Corruption
Instructor
#78 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 3:09 PM
I like both of them ^^ I just think that Cassandra should be with Darren Dreamer, while one (or both) of the Caliente sisters should keep Don Lothario ^^" But Don and Cassandra make adorable babies ... Or maybe Darren should be with his first wife (I never actually tried that). then ... what about Cassandra? O.o Got, it's so complcated. Don looks good with Kaylynn too and they kind of make a nice couple ...
Mad Poster
#79 Old 8th Sep 2013 at 4:06 PM Last edited by gazania : 8th Sep 2013 at 4:17 PM.
If I MUST choose between the two of them .... team Dreamer. But I've never done that in-game. The best I've done there was for them to have a couple of quick flings, then realize that they don't want to take things any further.

If we're talking about my gameplay ... team neither. Cassandra wises up, leaves Don at the altar, and after some angsty moments, gets a makeover, meets one of my user-made Sims, and tells Don to @#$% off even though he tries to win her back. Don remains a single horndog, and this successful chief of staff repeatedly gets his comeuppance when the (usually benevolent) despot here is bored with his antics. Cassandra (usually) marries the user-made Sim and has a kid or two with him. The couple's eventually-final abode is not an elaborate house, but not a modest one ... somewhere in-between. She's no longer filthy rich and living under Daddy's thumb, but she's managed to cave out a great career for herself and she's happy with her decisions. (I think you can see I kind of feel for Cassandra, and in time, I give her a happy life. No, my father was never filthy rich, but before I got married, I made some really bad choices in boyfriends. )

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 2:32 AM
I have gotten Cassandra together with both Don and Darren. I don't like Cassandra with Don at all, I prefer to play Don as the eternal bachelor. I did have Cassandra marry Darren once, and they had a few kids, but I lost interest in the family rather quickly. But, in my latest iteration of my megahood, Connor Weir met Cassandra while she was doing a walk-by of his house. They had 2 bolts and instantly hit it off. In my mind he's perfect for her, he is committed to family but also wants to work hard to provide financial and emotional stability, something Cassandra wants from a partner. Stability is not something she could get from my latest versions of Don or Darren. Cassandra and Connor were married and Cassandra got pregnant right away, then Connor was abducted by aliens and ended up pregnant. Cassandra had twins and Connor had 1 baby, so essentially, they were triplets (which was crazy to try and play through the toddler stage. There's a reason I don't have the trips and quads hack). Cassandra wants to graduate 3 kids from university, so once all the babies became children, I had them have one more kid. Connor and Cassandra are still very happy together, and they can barely keep their hands off each other!

So all in all, I'm Team Connor! But if I had to choose, I'd pick Darren. I think Cassandra wants a stable and committed relationship and she would be more likely to get that from Darren than Don, simply because I love playing Don as the playboy single guy. It never feels right to put him in any type of committed relationship (but that's just me).
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:33 AM
Neither. Cassie has three bolts for Pascal Curious, and they seem to enjoy each other's company.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alijah
Never before had I considered this!

I am totally seeing Big Bang Theory rewritten with the Curious Brothers and Cassie.

Actionly Pascal Curious and Bianca Monthy are a very good match together.
Forum Resident
#83 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 4:23 PM
Neither, actually not a fan of Cassandra, I prefer Darren with Nina
Field Researcher
#84 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 3:41 PM
definitely not darren because DARREN DREAMER X BRANDI BROKE FOREVER

but don's a douche so :shrug:
Field Researcher
#85 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 5:23 PM
Darren and Cassandra got married after Don abandoned her at the alter.

Then Mortimer murdered Don - so clearly not team Lothario.

Cassandra and Darren were fine together - she almost had a breakdown when they had triplets to bring their kid total to 6 and Darren never spent time on his art - but they always liked each other.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 9:05 PM
An interesting thread to revive. When this thread was first doing the rounds, I was quite new to the forum, and still fairly new to the game as a whole. I hadn't played Pleasantview at all (I was already a dyed-in-the-wool Veronavillian), so I didn't post in the thread.

Since then I have played Pleasantview a little -- effectively one rotation -- and I think I can be sure it won't be Team Lothario. When I finally got round to playing the Goth house, instead of marrying Don, Cassie attacked him! I really wanted to protect Cassandra from what I thought would be a disastrous marriage for her, and went out of my way to give Cassie the opportunity to see Don with other women; I built a nightclub, and got Don to take Nina there. I used the Visitor Controller criteria to make it almost inevitable that Cassandra would turn up at the club and see them together. But I didn't force her hand -- I left it up to Cassie to decide how to deal with the situation. And "Hell hath no fury. . ."!

The "wedding" turned interesting. Bella turned up! She had met Alexander, when he had been looking for an outfit to wear, and he invited her to his big sister's wedding. The spark between her and Mortimer was quickly rekindled, and the latter had to go out and intercept another invitee -- Dina Caliente -- and persuade her not to come in! A dejected Don Lothario was still walking round the lot until Mortimer thought it expedient to ask him to leave. I don't think he'll try his luck with Cassandra again. When I left them Bella was back in the marital bed, and the wedding arch was still up in the garden so she and Morty can renew their vows the next day. One day I'll go back to Pleasantview and continue the story.

As for Cassie, and who she will marry, I suspect the answer will be neither. I'm pretty sure Don won't be back again -- it would certainly surprise me if they kissed and made up. As for Team Dreamer, I like Darren (and indeed Dirk) well enough, but I don't like to follow the herd, and I think I'd prefer her to find satisfaction somewhere else. My Pleasantview is Tarlia's played as a standalone neighbourhood with no sub-hoods, In my game there is very little distinction between playables and townies, and by all accounts Pleasantview has some very personable and interesting townies. There's Goopy of course and that chap who usually wears a kilt (Lillard I think his name is). He should be all right -- I sometimes wear a kilt myself. Or indeed it doesn't have to be a man -- I think there are more gay Sims than straight ones in my game. And, can the daughter of Mortimer and Bella really not aspire to something more than being a baby machine? (That's how I tend to think of some Family Sims!) She might change her aspiration to Knowledge and continue her father's scientific work. Of course having a career doesn't exclude having romantic relationships too -- most of my Sims have a very good work-life balance.

One thing I am sure of: Cassandra will get an appointment with a hairdresser. I can't take an adult seriously with that hairstyle!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 9:06 PM
It hurts to admit it, because it goes against all that I stand for, but... Team Don...
In my longest played Pleasantview to this day Don married Cassandra, despite me doing nothing to get them closer, and loading up the Goths for the first time (for some reason, even if they don't interact, if I load Don's house first he will more likely marry Cassandra), he married her without hesitation. While he was certainly not the most faithful spouse - which Brandi and her 4th and 5th kid can attest to - he was a very caring father: he autonomously took care of and played with their children, Lizzie, Edward and Mary - not to mention how great his genetics mixed with Cassandra's. He did also have two kids on the side with Brandi, Erin and Flora, but he never actually got caught cheating, and lived his life happily with Cassandra.
...until she got pregnant for the 4th time like one rotation before becoming an elder and I called quits.

Darren on the other hand... their whole story is sweet, and I love how they were portrayed in Doons99P's Pleasantview series, and even though I really like the idea of a teenage Alexander being best friends with his nephew, they are... not really an exciting couple to play as. With Don, there's always the chance of him getting caught and cause drama, while with Darren, the most scandalous thing that can happen is premarital kissing (which *is* a sin). So to be honest aside from getting some cute Goth night wedding photos and a meme with them, I don't really like pairing up Darren and Cassandra.

...but if I'm being even more serious I'd just say ditch both couples and stan Lizzie, Edward and Mary Goth cuz those kids will make it in life.
Forum Resident
#88 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 9:21 PM
I'm on neither team. Yeah child me liked the Don x Cassidy or Darren x Cassidy but that's like 11 years ago now...

TODAY I'M TEAM VIDCUNDY X CASSIDY
also live with my terrible nicknames...

I build small houses *^*
Alchemist
#89 Old 26th Aug 2019 at 8:22 PM
in past times playing, I paired her with either man.

this time playing; I think I will pair her with Don.
Mad Poster
#90 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 4:14 PM
Veronavillain - hahaha, @AndrewGloria

Last time I played Pleasantview, I left Don in the pool without a ladder.
So, Team Dreamer it would be

Vidcund, of course. Curious brothers above all
Theorist
#91 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 4:51 PM
Team Landgraab.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Test Subject
#92 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 6:13 PM
Im team Don... What i did for this time playing pleasantview is i brought bella back and before she got back to the goths she paid a visit to Don and she got pregnant. Mortimer also made Dina pregnant. Then i brought bella back to the goth houseshold and made Mortimer "drink so much elixir of life that it made him an adult again" and they had 3 kids. I married Cassandra to Don and ever since then he has been loyal to her He is also a good father! (i also revived Michael Bachelor so Dina has a kid by him too)
Forum Resident
#93 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 6:29 PM
In terms of Cassandra? Darren. He's a good match for her. Both family sims, they usually have a lot of bolts, and they could be quietly happy with each other,
But in terms of personal preference? God, Don all the way. The thing is, Darren is kinda a boring guy to me, and I think Cassandra is the type of girl who would be content with that quiet family life. Don is more exciting to me.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Alchemist
#94 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 11:52 PM
Darren's starting aspiration is Knowledge, not Family.
Forum Resident
#95 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
Darren's starting aspiration is Knowledge, not Family.

Aah, I got mistaken because I always give him the family secondary aspiration. And I always give Cassandra the knowledge secondary aspiration :P

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 1st Sep 2019 at 6:34 PM
I like them both. I usually pair up Darren with Cassandra and let them live the full happy family program with more kids and pets. Don on the other hand always gets a kid with Nina and moving in with her, with the jealousy turned off. This time, thanks to his second aspiration Family, he even wants to marry. And to make the confused Casanova-plot complete, he got abducted and is the pregnant one for once.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 10th Dec 2022 at 5:35 PM Last edited by VampDeLeon : 10th Dec 2022 at 8:02 PM.
Nothing like a refresher since I've restarted Pleasantville more times since my previous post.

Fifth time: Darren & Don Lothario got together, this time Cassandra and Nina became friends as they discussed Dina's obvious entry into the Goth household for money. Cassandra and Nina got closer and they end up living next door to Don & Darren. Their family ties entangled with Cassandra using Don to have a baby son with Nina. While Darren and Don produced their own daughter. Eventually they got a huge house and lived together in perfect boring harmony. Oh yeah, Dirk was confused about this ordeal and never stayed at their house only inviting them to his wedding and parties.

Sixth time: Cassandra went through with the wedding oblivious to Don's actions. She ignored the whispers as they had a beautiful son together while Dina and Mortimer married. Alexander didn't like Dina so he stayed with Don and Cassandra's home until college. Cassandra and Don eventually separated after she decided to throw a golden anniversary with all their friends and family.... 7 of those friends who Don fooled around with. Oops.

Seventh time: Story progression mod + Clean Pleasantville. Don left Cassandra at the altar so she had to see a therapist over the trauma. Mortimer was understanding and low behold Bella Goth showed up at the door prompting Mortimer to call off his engagement with Dina to remarry Bella. Don fooled with the Calliente sisters for years before eventually marrying Nina. Forever ruining the sister's relationship. Dina tried to revive her husband Michael only for him to return as a zombie. Cassandra was glad to have missed out on all the drama and she had a beautiful son named Ocean with Darren.

Eighth time: This time Don Lothario and Cassandra broke up mutually since he wanted to see more of "the world" she was heartbroken but understanding. She stayed at Darren's house since the Goth household had too many painful memories of her missing mom and failed relationship. She married Darren eventually and they had 2 sons that Dirk helped raise before college. Meanwhile Don not only fooled with Nina, Dina, and the other girl townies, he got with Daniel Pleasant! The scandal caused Daniel to be kicked out of the house and stay with Don where they shared many many ladies together before having a son of their own. Cassandra got her happy ending as she died of old age after Darren, after having 12 grandchildren. Oh yes, they did have 2 cats as well.

I think next time she'll go with the Calientes again.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 12th Dec 2022 at 7:39 AM
I'm starting with a clean Pleasantview playthough of it's origins and only habe the Jankowskys already living there and have got other families lined up to be added as they arrive on the wooden sailing ships transporting them over to Colonial America.The next couple is Andy and Carol Pleasant withNicky and HAlru Goth a year later.Max and Tracy Broke are next with Robin and Kelly Dreamer.The Picaso family is also on the roster followed by Tony and Angel Caliente.Pat and Lacey Lotherio are next and all of them are the ancestors of the Pleasantview families in the modern version dating from the 17th century colonial origins of Pleasantview.Each family has their own story and all of them will be fun to play as they settle into the new colonial American town.Mostly they'll be farmers or fishermen and crafters.
Page 4 of 4