Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mid-Century Modern

by Ferguson Avenue Posted 4th Jan 2013 at 4:23 AM - Updated 26th Nov 2017 at 8:23 PM by Fergus' Mind

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 6:13 AM
This house has some excellent mid-century modern lines, and the front steps and the landscaping around them are perfect.

(I'm horrified by the lack of garish colors in the kitchen, though. )
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 1:37 PM
Excellent lot - I'm not a fan of most so-called modern but I like this very much. Thank you for creating and sharing this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 1:58 PM
How do you do the raised ground inside the walls in the front and stuff? Do you have to enter some sort of testingCheats enabled sort of thing, or is it easier than I thought? Because I see this a lot and it looks so cool.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 3:11 PM
Love the outer staircase.
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 3:29 PM
This is beautiful! Excellent work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 5:35 PM
I love it! I can't wait to see it in game!
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th Jan 2013 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Fergie_F : 16th Jan 2013 at 9:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jhd1189
This house has some excellent mid-century modern lines, and the front steps and the landscaping around them are perfect.

(I'm horrified by the lack of garish colors in the kitchen, though. )

I'm not too good with colours, my choices are often bold and make statements which most other people, including moderators, don't approve of. Although having had a look at your Mid-Century Modern I realise now what I could've gotten away with. The original kitchen I had in mine was bright orange. Maybe I should have left the original colour scheme alone, it would have probably made my version almost as good and effective as yours.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 2:09 PM
LOVE this house! Looks great in the game. Thanks much!
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 6:27 PM
Lovely house Very well done. This is my favorite style of "modern". And yes, you could have gone with brighter colors and still been safe Always go for interesting color in this style, here's a kitchen I did in this style for a contest here. The judges didn't like the floor with the wallpaper, too much pattern for them, but I like it, lol.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 7:14 PM
simply beautiful
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jan 2013 at 10:05 PM
The kitchen and bedroom remind me of early Neighbours episodes. I love it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 6th Jan 2013 at 3:00 PM
Fabulous!! Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 3:34 AM
This looks great! Love the exterior! Not a big fan of the style but it looks awesome! Great Job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Jan 2013 at 6:04 PM
Amazing house! Great job! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 10:19 AM
I love this house! The style is perfect for the '60s family I'm going to create. Thank you so much for sharing this gorgeous creation. I also would like to know how you raise the ground around the front. I have no idea how to do that OR how to create the wonderful multi-layered steps you created. How in the world do you do those things?
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 2:52 PM
Thanks for all the feedback! For those wanting to know how I made the raised ground at the front and the staircase at the front, The lower ground level is actually a basement, made in the same kind of way as in this tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6oaIDSyn08
Then the stairs at the front were made on an extension of the basement foundations which I then experimented on with the 'constrainfloorelevations' cheat, it took me quite a few tries to get it to look how it does in the upload and a bit of frustration too. But I'm glad you all like it. Again, thanks for all the feedback! More is always appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2013 at 11:01 AM
This is what I have been looking for , I create a lot of my own and i love movie houses like Amityville, never got that one to work...anyway Fergie....I download a lot of modern houses but its like they are "to modern" this is perfect thank you ! love the open floor plan and big kitchen , i hate small kitchens and this is just so .....me
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 7th Mar 2013 at 12:51 AM
This is a great concept and house. Love it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd May 2013 at 5:12 AM
How could you rotate objects like that? I really like it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th May 2013 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lukkajong
How could you rotate objects like that? I really like it.

Which objects?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 9th May 2013 at 7:45 PM
Love this house! I'm in the process of making Armiel's empty Finnington world into a mid-century modern world. This will fit in nicely.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 11:50 PM
More Please
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2013 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daethaqt3000
More Please

There's a couple more on the way, some time in the future
Inventor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 15th Jan 2014 at 2:13 PM
Looks great! Downloading it now. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2