Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Oepu/Nouk Hair Cut + Colour

by fanseelamb Posted 7th Jul 2012 at 12:50 PM - Updated 13th Jul 2012 at 9:03 PM by fanseelamb : fixing keywords

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 1:22 PM
Hey, really nice idea and I would definitely love this, if the textures were less in the original Sims 2 look. Compared to almost every new hairstyles created these days, your creation wouldn't be used in my game. Sorry. But keep your work up and maybe you'll update your textures. I'd love that.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:31 PM
Looks beautiful!
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 2:48 PM
Oh Pam - showing the grey hair! I didn't think getting old would be her thing - but she sure ain't looking too happy. The hair is great though.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 3:24 PM
actually I quite enjoy using the maxis like hair colours so this fits perfectly into my game. I especialy love the red- not too orange like some of the original maxis hairs! thanks for sharing with us and keep up the great work!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 3:39 PM
Wow, this looks freakin' amazing!
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 6:23 PM
I think this hairstyle looks lovely with Maxis textures, sometimes one can over-dose on teh shiny Oh, and Nora looks gorgeous! Any chance you'll be sharing her? *wink wink nudge nudge*
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:09 PM
Wow, thank you! :D
I always gravitate toward a Maxis look in my game, so I love these, especially with the new length. *thumbs way up*
Gone Fishin'
#9 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:18 PM
Lovely edits! I can't get enough straight hair. I'm also one of those who prefer a more Maxis-y look to looks-like-a-bad-wig shiny, so this will be perfect in my game.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 7:24 PM
Wow, thanks everyone!

Yeah, the Maxis-match texture is the entire point of this hair. It's the only type of texture I play with, so was super thrilled to find Oepu's retexture of Nouk's mesh. You just can't beat a Nouk mesh in terms of quality and smooth animations, and you can't beat this Maxis-match texture by Oepu either. It blends perfectly with the original game content and still has good shading and highlights which many "Maxis-match" attempts don't achieve. Hopefully I didn't mess that up too badly when changing the colour to suit a certain sim.... and then changing the others to form a complete set. Of course anyone who prefers shiny hair is welcome to use Nouk's original set, which is linked in the upload description.

Nonikk: Pam was not happy at all. Poor thing never expected to age! Thank goodness for quit-without-saving.

Misty: Aww, glad you like Nora. Perhaps I might upload her someday, maybe.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Jul 2012 at 8:41 PM
I love this! I am also a maxis match player. I have always liked your male hairs. Thank you for this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:00 AM
*lol* @ Pam for showing grey. You're mean to her. I'd love to have Nora as well, so that's a +1. You know we all want your True Blood sims. They're all awesome. I'd love to have Tara and Jessica as well. <3
Scholar
#13 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zwerschekind
Hey, really nice idea and I would definitely love this, if the textures were less in the original Sims 2 look. Compared to almost every new hairstyles created these days, your creation wouldn't be used in my game. Sorry. But keep your work up and maybe you'll update your textures. I'd love that.

It's kind of the point though, that it's Maxis-match

Anyway, I like the hair and the elder preview is funny :D

Please visit WickedNoukFamily Forum for my creations.
Can't take requests, I'm completely swamped with unfinished projects! :O
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:10 PM
Omigosh, it's Nouk herself! Thanks again for the gorgeous mesh, Nouk! Glad you're not offended by Oepu and myself applying a Maxis-matchy texture to it.

DutchXfan: Thank you for voting. I'll try to get them packaged for upload sometime soon.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 2:38 PM
OMG love this but your dark hair model looks so like a character from true blood, Eric's sister - for the life of me I cannot remember her name but please let me know if you ever decide to upload her. I'd have her in my tb lot anyday!

Red
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Jan 2013 at 4:29 PM
amazing, one of my favorites
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 7:33 PM
I downloaded they! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Feb 2014 at 5:04 AM
Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 1:19 PM
TYVM
Toaster Strudel Addict
#20 Old 14th Nov 2015 at 5:49 PM Last edited by justJones : 14th Nov 2015 at 8:15 PM.
Hmmmm, sheep....I think I'm gonna try this on Abby....

Edit: Have tried it. And it looks great Is the best I've found for her. So you get to be a part of Abby too, lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 11th May 2022 at 2:07 AM
Thank you!