Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

July Time Traveling Machine

by Phaenoh Posted 31st Jul 2011 at 2:25 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2016 at 5:57 AM by Phaenoh

61 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 3:19 PM
This is INSANELY cool! Thank you so much!

Also, although not many people leave comments, rest assured all your hard work is much appreciated.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 4:00 PM
This is amazing! Now I am going to make a mad scientist who enjoys playing with the weather and this will be his vehicle!

Thank you so much, Phae, and please don't be a sad panda, a lot of people love your creations but maybe some of them are just shy.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 4:37 PM
Great Do You Take Requests?
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 4:55 PM
I usually just click the thanks button because I don't usually have much to say before I look at a thing, besides "this looks yummy!" and I'm embarrassed to write something like that.

Well, but it does look yummy.

I rarely actually give vehicles to my sims, but when I do, I like to give them ones that are out of the ordinary!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 6:09 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 31st Jul 2011 at 8:46 PM.
The car just screams SCIENCE!!!
edit: I like that brass on the antenna and the old timey tires, they really contribute to the old classic SF feel of the car.

Does it have custom vroom vroom clunk sounds, like Hexameter's vehicles? I need to find me a custom sound tutorial, must be around somewhere...
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 6:40 PM
"Cool" doesn't even begin to describe this! It's definitely a Must Have for all my mad scientists. The car is awesome all by itself, but the time machine thingy in the back puts the icing on the cake.

And I've never understood why people seem to think it's so incredibly difficult to hit that little blue button when they download something. It's just a single click we're talking about, people! It only takes about a second, if that, but it makes the creator v. happy!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 6:50 PM
Cool-beans...inator

I love the Doof reference. Hey, where's....

ALL your stufeths is awesome-sauce! Don't be sad, panda. Look at the DL tally, and smile (it's gotta be in the zillions by now ;-D - or at least somewhere close!)
Demon Sheep
#9 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 8:22 PM
It looks completely awesome, Phae. Great job!

And your "save a creator" speech is right on the money too. When you hardly get any signs of appreciation it really discourages you from going to all the trouble of uploading again. Thanks for pointing that out, and thanks for going to the trouble of uploading this time machine!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 8:52 PM
I love it.
It reminds me of the movie where the guy has the car with the thing that spins like a giant factory wall fan in the back. Maybe it's the same movie you were thinking of.
Inventor
#11 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 8:57 PM
Impressive
Amazing creation...you are the

If I am not here, you can find me on dART-allison731 :)
Not actually evil.
#12 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
It looks completely awesome, Phae. Great job!

And your "save a creator" speech is right on the money too. When you hardly get any signs of appreciation it really discourages you from going to all the trouble of uploading again. Thanks for pointing that out, and thanks for going to the trouble of uploading this time machine!

Phae,
fansee,
and like minded staff type peoples,

Your stuffs are made of win and pie, thank you thank you for uploading. Lack of thanks clicks does not mean people don't appreciate stuffs, they wouldn't dl it if they didn't like it, would they?

I would get rid of the thanks button entirely, if it just makes people sad because of its click rate. If we want comments, we have a comments tab for that. If creators want more comments, maybe add a big, hard to miss "tell the creator what you think" button on the download tab that takes a person to comments? If we want a dl count, we have a dl count for that. If someone *really* likes the upload, there's a favorite button. They all show someone like the upload, don't they? What does the thanks button do that comments and dl count don't already do? I bet some see the thanks button as a redundant dl count, so for them, it's not ingratitude or slight laziness or lack of time or what have you. I like thanks clickies as much as the next creator, but if people click thanks out of some sense of obligation, it's not really appreciation. To sum up, don't feel bad, the thanks and comments we do get are that much more meaningful because they aren't obligatory and numerous.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 10:11 PM
This is awesome! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 10:15 PM
This is amazing!! Thanks for the Phineas and Ferb reference
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:46 AM
I want one for real life. Great work Phae!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
#16 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 1:37 AM
Thank you Phae - it looks great

Of course - if I had less time I would just hit the thanks button. Especially if I think something is cool but dont actually want it for my game and so don't ACTUALLY download it. (I have downloaded this though).
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 2:52 AM
you are a FANTASTIC creater!! Thank you bunches for all your hard work, I check back every day just to see what you've come up with
I generally prefer to make my sims walk every where (little fresh air never hurt anyone & it's better for the environment LOL) but will dl this just cause it's bloody cool & to get your numbers up thank you thank you thank you U ROCK!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 3:08 AM
I appreciate all the hard work you do! Now my Doctor Who has a car! Thank you!!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 4:18 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone! You all know I love reading your comments so much. And my little rant about the Thanks button, that was mostly to remind you all to hit other creators buttons. I still need 30,000 more Thanks myself, but that's going to take a while. I love hearing about how you plan to use my things in your games. I don't get to play as much as I'd like because I spend more time creating, so it's nice to play vicariously through your games at least.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 8:04 AM
this is just totally awesome Phae! you did a wonderful job on it!
im working on a steampunk project my self right now and this just motivated me to work more on it.

thank you, thank you, thank you!
i wish i could hit the thank you button more than once
Needs Coffee
#21 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 12:07 PM
Very cool. My two evil zombies will find some diabolical uses for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 7:36 PM
Thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#23 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 3:01 AM
I've always loved your work and I clicked the thanks button, but I had to let you know that I'm going to use this car for the story that I've been saying I'm going to write for the last few years. Seriously, this is one awesome car, and the fact that it's low poly means the each science-y type person get one of these for themselves.
Test Subject
#24 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:55 AM
It's the "Time-Travel-Inator".
If someone makes Agent P, the set will be complete.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 10:47 AM
I love it! Thank you so much.
Page 1 of 3