Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Piece of Manhattan - Chinese Fast Food & subway station

by Arisuka Posted 24th Jul 2011 at 2:25 AM

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 4:08 AM
great lot! downloading immediately!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 4:52 AM
Awesome. I'm really looking forward to a city world from you. I'd love to play a city, but Bridgeport resists personalization too much; the map allows room only for high-rises and McMansions, and I wanted run-down apartments and smaller homes too (as well as smaller shops and clubs like this lot). So if you're making a city with different realistic quarters, I thank the CC Gods for you! XD ALL HAIL!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 5:03 AM
wow, this looks really well done. It looks very authentic. Great work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:04 AM
Lookin' forward to your new world I will like to have a Sims-style Chinatown.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:07 AM
RinGrey The world will be absolutely HUGE, with not only a city, but also suburban and rural areas. The city itself is big, and a mix of Detroit and New York. (derelict old industrial areas, old town with streets filled with brick buildings like these, and a new city side that has high rises).

I wish I had some decent pictures to show now, but as I'll be posting more lots from the world you will be able to see more of the world.
Scholar
#7 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 6:48 AM
Love how you put the metro station in the building - clever.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:31 AM
Wow very realistic! Thanks for sharing
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 12:09 PM
Looks excellent! Great to see someone else is working on the "downtown" theme! I'm currently in the process of creating a world roughly based on games like GTA or Saint's Row II with lots of (hopefully) exciting downtown locations and a busy big-city feel. Brilliant, thank you!
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 2:30 PM
Yes Yes and more Yes! obviously I'm hitting the download button right now.
I too await for you to present "a whole new world to me" in the future.(lol corny joke XD I know. My apologies its the sugar in the morning)
I don't own world adventures though, can i still download?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:58 PM
I love this, especially how you put the little bento boxes on display
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 9:19 PM
FREEDOM_55 lol no worries, I'm all into corny jokes myself! The lot does work fine and look the same without WA, but some of the decorative objects (mostly some wall art) will be missing and the also the food cashier won't appear.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 11:41 PM
Are those stairs on the side of the building just decorative? Do they lead to anything?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MdMaxx
Are those stairs on the side of the building just decorative? Do they lead to anything?

They are decorative fire staircases. They are a very common sight in New York, and can be seen on the sides of pretty much every single non-high rise building. They are meant to be used in case of emergencies. You'd open the window, climb through to the staircase then get down them to safety.
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 1:50 AM
love the urban feel to this
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
RinGrey The world will be absolutely HUGE, with not only a city, but also suburban and rural areas. The city itself is big, and a mix of Detroit and New York. (derelict old industrial areas, old town with streets filled with brick buildings like these, and a new city side that has high rises).

I wish I had some decent pictures to show now, but as I'll be posting more lots from the world you will be able to see more of the world.

Sounds effing fantastic, Arisuka. I like that Detroit is an inspiration - Sims 3 tends towards idyllic, but in my game I like some realism. Life goes on in the grungier side of town too!

Anyway, don't worry about pics. I'll be patient....until you do upload, and then I'll hit that download button so fast... :p
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 6:36 AM
so you can actually order chinese food here?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:22 AM
babygirl4595 The game is so complicated that you can order the WA chinese food only in WA's China. :/ But you can order dim sum, sushi and fast food of LN from the cashier, among a long list of other options of food.

RinGrey It's great to know that there's others out there too who feel the same way, makes me even more excited about working the world forward!
Test Subject
#19 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 11:05 PM
I too am building a massive city with chinatown rural areas and suburbs as well! so glad to see someone else doing it too. where did you get the sign for the outside wall?
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 2:04 AM
scullanarchist Awesome that there are others too working on more urban stuff! The more variety, the better! You mean the long wall sign? It's made from a wall and lights. The one over the door comes with LN.
Mother Function
retired moderator THANKS POST
#21 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 7:02 PM
How were you able to get the register to sell Dim Sum, etc? Which register did you use?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 8:43 PM
Downloaded the lot! Love it. I'm excited for your upcoming world. NYC is probably one of my favorite places in the world.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Jul 2011 at 11:58 PM
daluved1 Isn't Dim Sum just base game grub? :O It's WA's food register, so it doesn't sell location food, just all the other dishes...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 3:10 AM
Wow if you make a chinatown would be awesome!!!
But PLEASE:
NOT USE CC!!
& MAKE IT PRE POPULATED
i hate when i download a iimpressive world and its EMPTY(& the game begins to create random sims and ugly)
:D
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 1:35 PM
symcrap I do have some CC used in the world, but they are only decorative objects (mostly street signs) which are therefore totally optional. And yes, it will be pre-populated AND I have made every single NPC too, so that there will be no random, ugly sims AT ALL! Every single sim from the repairmen, mailmen and bartenders to babysitters will be made by me.
Page 1 of 2