Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Monk/Nun Part-time Career

by Lily__XD Posted 14th Jul 2011 at 10:28 AM - Updated 8th May 2012 at 9:38 PM by Lily__XD

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 1:36 PM
With all the burning and explosions going around town, sims need a little bit of religion to survive. Great job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 2:47 PM
"OH Holy one, so divine as God.. "
Give it a rest will you??

-Hilarious!!

Ok So I totally think they should wear the proper "habit" for this career!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 5:34 PM
This is very much needed, I think I will download and give it a whirl!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 2:37 PM
This is so cool! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 4:18 PM
*You must be married and sane* LOL

I like the funny texts. Makes it much more simlike. Welldone
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 7:00 AM
Should there be six levels? I thought Lv.1 would have been initiate. However this is a good mod though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:18 AM
Is it easy to make careers? I always wanted to make a some like a teacher career.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:55 PM
Do I have to point out what's wrong with being a part time monk/nun...? =P
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mistersonic
Is it easy to make careers? I always wanted to make a some like a teacher career.
There's already a Teacher career in the game. Came with Generations or Ambitions. Can't remember which now.
But in case you don't have either of those, someone else has made a custom Teacher career and uploaded it to MTS already. Here's the link: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=380015
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 3:20 AM
It didn't work for me...I know I put the Mod in my game correctly...maybe it doesn't support my Sims 3 version...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 10:45 AM
Mr Super Sims- Read this:http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ght_Dunderheads.
Download this: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....6191#entry16191
Unless you have a really, really early version of the game this should be compatible because Yes, actually it does work.

Notes on translation
Right in terms of translations - I've already had a few offers so please PM before you start so as not to be wasting your time. On the end of this post I will attach a string sheet. So if you want to translate it you must download the string sheet, open it, and translate everything between the <STR></STR>'s - replacing whats between them with the equivalent in your own language (when doing so be careful not to edit anything else).
So for example this is let's just pretend for a second these are the reals strings:
<KEY>Gameplay/Excel/Careers/CareerList:Example</KEY>
<STR>you would translate this text<STR>
Then post your own comment on here and attach the translated string sheet and I'll deal with the rest.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LilyXD_PTN_Strings_ENG.rar (2.8 KB, 29 downloads)

Google has the answers. Not me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Aug 2011 at 10:01 PM
SO cool!!
c:
What a neat idea!
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Sep 2011 at 4:11 AM
Sounds pretty cool. I would have preferred you not put in funny comments though. Kinda feels you are mocking this calling. Otherwise, nice effort.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 25th Sep 2011 at 4:31 AM
Love this!! There is a "church" in one of my towns...is there any way to make this the "location" for the career??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 3:30 AM
When I downloaded the Nraas Career Mod and I tried to load my saved game it wouldnt load so what happen?
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Jan 2012 at 4:23 PM
Very cool!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 9:16 PM
Thanks for updating your careers for Showtime! I am looking forward to this one too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 12:37 PM
I download it but where can i find this job?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#21 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 8:44 PM Last edited by Lily__XD : 4th Aug 2012 at 11:55 PM.
HINT - read the entire post and find out

Edit: Sorry that was mean, but you really should read the whole post because that's why people moan at me, because they don't read the information that gets given to them. The rabbithole is City Hall.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 8:21 AM
So, many times i read the post also on the computer but still i don't see this Nun/Peacher Career, even the Vet Career. Do i need a Church in town?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 11:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Croma76
So, many times i read the post also on the computer but still i don't see this Nun/Peacher Career, even the Vet Career. Do i need a Church in town?

No you don't need a church. You can join this career at city hall by clicking on the building. You can't join through the newspaper or computer as custom careers don't show up there. If you're also having issues with the Vet Career you might have missed a step. Make sure you have correctly installed the NRaas Careers mod. Thanks

Google has the answers. Not me.
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 11:51 PM
Aww, it would be cool if there was a church lot, even as a rabbit hole. Make a whole new religion for sims, nothing like a RL religion though, dont wanna upset people. But it would be fun!
Test Subject
#25 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 5:24 PM
where do you get a bible?

Edit: sorry should have read the whole post
Page 1 of 2