Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replaced CAS animations - three flavours

by jonha Posted 15th Jun 2011 at 8:05 PM - Updated 26th Jun 2013 at 8:54 PM by jonha : typo

52 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 25 Feedback Posts, 26 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:48 PM
Does this stop the camera from automatically zooming in when you select certain items such as jewelry? That is the only reason I use Zoom-In CaS Camera by Shimrod101. I would, however, like to use your mod but only if it has the similar no-zoom-in effect.

Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:48 PM
Yes I've been wondering if someone will make a mod like this. It's extremely annoying when My sim is smiling all the time in CAS!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 8:49 PM
I'd been wishing for a way to make sims stand straight in CAS, and here it is. Thanks!!
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:00 PM Last edited by jonha : 15th Jun 2011 at 9:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by brett
Does this stop the camera from automatically zooming in when you select certain items such as jewelry? That is the only reason I use Zoom-In CaS Camera by Shimrod101. I would, however, like to use your mod but only if it has the similar no-zoom-in effect.

I didn't changed anything apart from the toddler cameras so I guess it will still zoom in. On the other hand, I can't find anything in Shimrod101's mod that would stop the zooming in, so I'm kind of lost here.

Edit: I just selected some jewelry in game using my mod and it didn't zoomed automatically. Maybe you should just try it yourself?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:08 PM
A very appealing mod. I hate when dressing up my Sims that they always want to fidget and make whatever odd facial expression. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:25 PM
Quote:
The camera movement is also altered such that the camera does not fly by itself to a new spot when zooming is stopped; the camera can now be stopped anywhere when the user stops zooming.

That was what I was talking about.

Ill go test it now and see the results.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brett
That was what I was talking about.

As I understand it, this removes just the smoothness or slipperiness of the camera when zooming in. I can remove that too, but it is something different from automatically zooming onto jewelry.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 11:47 PM
Awesome, I was waiting for someone to remove the breathing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 1:03 AM
Ohhhh, thanks so much. That drove me crazy.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 1:54 PM
You did it! Version 3 is a must have for CAS
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 3:07 PM
Ooh Standing toddlers! I've been hoping to see this mod coming back from the deads
Erm, If I use the first version + AM, can I keep the AM No smile option on? I kinda like the idle animations but don't want the smile.
Anyway, thank you for this mod!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Erm, If I use the first version + AM, can I keep the AM No smile option on? I kinda like the idle animations but don't want the smile.

You can try it but don't be surprised if you get glitchy animations. If it works for you, please report it, then I will remove the warning on the front page. But back in time with my old "Toddlers can stand in CAS" mod people (including me) had some issues with it so I added the warning.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
You can try it but don't be surprised if you get glitchy animations. If it works for you, please report it, then I will remove the warning on the front page. But back in time with my old "Toddlers can stand in CAS" mod people (including me) had some issues with it so I added the warning.

Okay, will test - as soon as AM gets out of test version that is.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th Jun 2011 at 10:59 PM
Loving version2! thank you so much! a mod like this was long overdue.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#16 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 10:04 AM
Its difficult to choose, they all are great!!
Thank you Jonha, I've used your old mod with much pleasure too.
Test Subject
#17 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 10:50 AM
So bad it conflict with zoomincas mod :'( Maybe you could include the zoom into yours? I can't live without that zoom when creating sims :P
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 11:15 AM
Perfect, just what I needed, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 3:04 PM
Kickass!
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ninoo
So bad it conflict with zoomincas mod :'( Maybe you could include the zoom into yours? I can't live without that zoom when creating sims :P

I could, but I don't have much time at the moment and I don't want to manage hundreds of different versions. But I agree that it would be nice. Not sure if I do it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 4:30 PM
YESSSS finnaly no weird smile for my sims (ther is something wrong with tht bit)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 7:05 PM
IDK why EA didn't do this to begin with I just want to see my sims in a static pose, it's so annoying for them to move/sit.. Thank you jonha for taking the time to make this mod, I'd love to make my own too, but I'm no good at coding xml..
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 6:46 PM
Actually, this mod is using no xml at all. Just jazz and ini. Not saying this is necessarily easier, though.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Sep 2011 at 7:13 AM
number 3 is perfect.. finally they stand straight!

it really annoyed me that they lean to one side with there butt sticking out..
made it hard for me to get a good body shape.
many thanks..

it's somthing EA shoud have kept in.

thanks for this.
Forum Resident
#25 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 11:24 PM
Works with 1.26, BUT causes Pets to become distorted in CAS.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Page 1 of 3