Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 10:56 AM Last edited by Nottie : 27th Apr 2012 at 2:17 AM.
I've started out, with a very lovely lady called Alecia Hines. She's a bit of a loner, very interested in the arts. She's moved to the Isle of the Midnight Sun to practice her writing. Every few months a shipment will come in with bills, royalties and anything else. The boat sometimes brings a few felines or canines on the ship, which Alecia takes the time to talk to as the constant prancing of those horses annoys her to no end and it's nice to pet a cat or dog.

She's grown to be an author of some reknown and gets about 700$ in royalties already. She's saving up to go overseas or build up her house. Alecia is also considering adopting a cat or dog from overseas to keep in her company (since I'm finding it hard to care for her with her constant low social skills, she keeps talking to objects instead of writing).

edit:
Alecia took to Inventing and has basically thrown away 4,000 simoleans (oops!) and is about to age up to an adult. This pretty much shows how bad I am at playing, but hey it's fun.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 26th Apr 2012 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Is there a way to do that in game in a world (like the Midnight Sun Isle) that doesn't have a City Hall?

You can use the Register tuning file to do this.

My Mod Index | My Mods at Simlogical | My Blog: Nona's Sims | Fix Your Premium Content

Please do not PM me with questions about modding. Please post in an appropriate forum and PM me a link to the thread if you would like me to try and help.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 12th May 2012 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nonamena
You can use the Register tuning file to do this.

Yeah, I used to do that but I can't get the tuning file to work now that I have Phase 7 of the Register mod... :-( Was just wondering if there was a way to do it in game without a city hall, rather than by editing mod files outside the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th May 2012 at 11:04 PM
lauratje, just download the regular Register mod and then you buy a computer for your sim and use the Nraas... Register mod You can just sell the computer afterwards (it's allowed to cheat to get your money back to what you lost from doing that) or keep it if you want it.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 13th May 2012 at 5:01 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 17th May 2012 at 9:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
lauratje, just download the regular Register mod and then you buy a computer for your sim and use the Nraas... Register mod You can just sell the computer afterwards (it's allowed to cheat to get your money back to what you lost from doing that) or keep it if you want it.

You're awesome! :-) I can't believe that I forgot that you can do it through a computer.... Thank you! :-D Problem solved, hopefully - my selfsim will be pleased to be rid of all the stupid deer and raccoons..... :-)

This is her "house" so far - not looking so great! She has already visited Egypt, hence why she has a tent and some plants (and a photography skill book and a camera!)...

**EDIT** I have a question. Are all the lifetime rewards allowed for this challenge? I'm mainly thinking about the lifetime inheritance one and the dusty old lamp (genie) one. Can my sims get the lifetime inheritance reward ($30,000)? Is it allowed to get the lamp and wish for money ($100,000), or is that not allowed? Are the other wishes allowed?

**EDIT AGAIN** My selfsim now has a husband (Yves Bernard from Champs les Sims) and a son, Marcus. She is currently pregnant with their second and final child. No space for big families here! :-) Her house is looking much better now - it has walls for a start! :-) She and Yves are currently saving for a tv to help them skill cooking and allow them to work out - Yves is getting fat! :-D I'm vaguely playing this as a Perfect Genetics challenge as well, though I doubt I'll get a perfect heir. Laura has black hair with red and orange highlights and bright blue eyes. Marcus has her hair but his father's (dark brown) eyes.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 17th May 2012 at 9:26 PM
This actually sounds quite interesting. I think I'm going to give it a go, but instead of using the island supplied, I might remove all but one residential lot from this island. I like seeing lots of trees and beaches in my game.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 10:33 PM
Hello there
I just started playing and I was wondering if i could travel to places other than those that come in world adventures, using the NRAAS traveler mod.
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 8:12 PM
I've been playing this challenge for a week or so now, and it is really a unique concept. I'm having a blast with it!

I solved the animal and paparazzi spawns by using Jynx's residential lot rabbit hole rugs located here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=411270 That way if you don't want to buy a computer to use Twallan's Register mod, you can just use the rug as your city hall, plus it costs nothing and looks nice in the house! Haha.

I also ran into the problem of not being able to send my kids to boarding school. I was able to enroll them, the school took my simoleans and said a car would be there at 9am the following morning, but of course no car showed up. I figured they would leave the same way everything else comes and goes... by just disappearing and reappearing, but nothing happened at all. Does anyone know of a cheat to get the kids to boarding school?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 11:02 PM
This challenge has been updated with new rules (most of it is the same) and a completely new world that is better than the former! Check out the first post for the changes.

Creator of the Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun Challenges.
Visit the SimGurra tumblr - home to my TS3 creations, including the official Midnight Sun Challenge worlds!
Test Subject
#35 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 12:31 AM
Oh wow, this looks like fun! I'm definitely going to try this out. I might try it with the Perfect Genetics, but I'm not sure I have the patience for something like that yet.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 1:08 AM
I'd love to try this out when I have a chance!
Test Subject
#37 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:11 PM
Lol
I burst out laughing when I first saw the 'neighbourhood'! It's just SOOO tiny!
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 1:37 PM
Is is ok to use the testingcheatsenabledtrue cheat to delete wild animals and paparazzi? it's just that they really get on my nerves and they don't seem to leave! my island is crowed with 3 pap, 3 horses, 2 deer and a raccoon!
just wondering, anybody had a unicorn spawn on their lot? i haven't but it would be quite cool!
Test Subject
#39 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:34 AM
Hey unfortunately the link doesn't work for me... Could you upload a secondary link ("mirror") please? :3

"If I did not fear incarceration from human authority figures,
I would terminate your life functions by applying sufficient pressure
to your blunt skull so as to force its collapse!"
-Beldar Conehead
Test Subject
#40 Old 24th Aug 2012 at 7:19 PM Last edited by Velinde : 24th Aug 2012 at 7:30 PM.

So much for deserted. XD

-

And apparently that is what a racoon looks like in CAS. I am disturbed. O_O
Test Subject
#41 Old 29th Aug 2012 at 3:12 AM
I saw a raccoon like that last night, after it bit someone Creepy!

I'm always looking for new, interesting challenges. This looks like fun, will try it out
Test Subject
#42 Old 31st Aug 2012 at 9:55 AM
Looks like a great challenge, I've yet to actually begin it. I saw this thread the other day and I was inspired to make my own world for it, I wanted something I bit bigger than the original one. Excellent idea OP, I've been longing to do something like this for a long time, especially the world.

Here's a link if anyone's interested. >_>

Edit: oh wow, this is my first post. Shows how much I lurk here. D:
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
This actually sounds quite interesting. I think I'm going to give it a go, but instead of using the island supplied, I might remove all but one residential lot from this island. I like seeing lots of trees and beaches in my game.

SilentPsycho, thanks for the link! I'm going to try this challenge out on that island.
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 5:24 PM
I want to try this! But, I am useing a island I have already downloaded so I don't need to download another one. I don't remember what it is called though. There is no roads and it is bigger than this one, it also has lots so more famillys can be there. There is no houses or people already put in so I will get to make the people and houses. This is going to be a fun chalenge. I can't wait to start!
Test Subject
#45 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 7:53 PM
I just finished this challenge yesterday
I might try it again and make it into a story c:
Test Subject
#46 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 3:19 AM
I am starting this tonight with Seasons. I am going to combine it with the Perfect Genetics challenge too. Can't wait!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tiffanieljones
I am starting this tonight with Seasons. I am going to combine it with the Perfect Genetics challenge too. Can't wait!

I also want to do this kind of challenge again with seasons.. but I expect it will be difficult during the winter season (especially since I plan on using the "no free food in the fridge" mod.... Let us know how it goes, the challenges you've had!

Looikng forward to it
Test Subject
#48 Old 27th Nov 2012 at 2:35 AM
Well, I took my starting Sim to China and she made her way home with enough books to completely build a 3 story house. Now I am feeling like this challenge is going to be too easy. I am thinking instead of going to foreign countries to attract spouses I might just stick to the island and add one of the paparazzi on the edge of the map to the household and pretend like he also washed up from a shipwreck. I may be wrong and change my mind later on if something comes up later on that makes traveling necessary.
Test Subject
#49 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 10:22 AM
Hey, I'm going to create a world like this one but bigger. I love trying to do this challenge but my babies keep disappearing because my 10x10 world keeps getting too populated. So I'm just letting you know so I'm not trying to steal your idea or anything. It's super fun but pointless if you can't create an heir .
Test Subject
#50 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Velinde

So much for deserted. XD

-

And apparently that is what a racoon looks like in CAS. I am disturbed. O_O

it looks like slenderman...
Page 2 of 14