Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 8:44 AM
To be honest, I don't like the four high buildings you placed in the world.
Everything is very low, and those high 'modern' buildings just don't seem to match..

But I LOVE the rest of the world. I don't use much custom worlds, because I only build houses, but this one is definitly going in my game once your finished. ;-)

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 12:53 AM
wow wow I'm speechless... its really fantastic great job on the terrain paint and layout its comes together so well x
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 4:48 AM
Very lovely. All the suggestions I would have had have already been taken care of, though I'd probably apply what you learned with the mountains to making the seaside cliffs a little more natural looking. Right now, they're a little too uniformly jagged like the mountains were before you fixed them; you could break the cliffs up with different shapes and/or use rocks to break things up and make them more random.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:17 PM
Which seashore example do you like?

without rocks

with rocks

Sorry about all of the unfinished terrain in this pic.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:32 PM
I vote for with rocks but perhaps they could be a little bit more clustered together? The small rocks look a bit like they're floating atm but I think if they were clustered then they wouldn't. I love the idea of having rocks there though.

Also just wanted to say that I think you've done such a good job on this world so far. It really does look amazing. You have some mad terrain sculpting skills! I find that bit really hard so I applaud you for doing such a good job.

One thing I picked up on above is this:
Quote: Originally posted by Ouerbacker
The road texture was exported from another EA game.
I can't say for certain and I'm not a moderator, but that could potentially be an issue if you were planning to upload here. I think that when using content from another game you would need to provide proof to the moderators here that you were allowed to use that content because of copyright issues. Like I say, this might not be the case, but thought I would mention it in case you weren't aware. If you are aware and if you are allowed to use it then disregard this entire paragraph lol.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:47 PM
Like the rocks, but I agree with el_fel- maybe a bit more clustered together, or right on the shore, but only because Sims 3's water doesn't make those rocks look like they're crashing against them. In other words, nothing that's your fault.

It's too bad CAW won't give us much to work with in making the ocean crash against objects nicely!
Instructor
#32 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:17 PM
I vote no rocks, but you could do something like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8PxQca9A4...diving+area.jpg Cliffs built on terrains and also some trees on them..

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
I vote no rocks, but you could do something like this: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8PxQca9A4...diving+area.jpg Cliffs built on terrains and also some trees on them..

Nice pic.I think I'll do something kinda like that a little up the coast.

El flel thanks for mentioning that. I'll look into it.

Here is what the rocks look like after they are clumped together a little and sunk down.

just keep on voting on whether the rocks stay or go.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 10:05 AM
Does this look better than the other part.
Instructor
#35 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 5:51 PM
Love it! I usually don't download worlds, but can't wait until this is released! It's so North America

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Theorist
#36 Old 2nd Apr 2011 at 12:04 AM
I love the look of this. I agree, it looks somewhat Canadian.
Most of the time when you see this level of detail, its on a small map.
But yours appears to be fairly large, with all the unfinished terrain. Is it a largest size map?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
I love the look of this. I agree, it looks somewhat Canadian.
Most of the time when you see this level of detail, its on a small map.
But yours appears to be fairly large, with all the unfinished terrain. Is it a largest size map?

Seacrest is on the extra large map.

Here are some new pics of stuff .Does it all look good or at least decent?

Dance club
no cc lot size 52 by 25

If you would like to test the dance club here is a link to a download of it. If you find anything wrong with it please point it out.
http://www.mediafire.com/?e2zhodw5t8gu74r

library

enjoy
Instructor
#38 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 1:30 AM
Here are my thoughts on your latest update.

Winding Road near the Ocean (Pictures 1-3):

Those look very nice. Particularly the guard rails. Goodness knows how long that alone took. I know first hand how tedious that process is. Also, it's great that you used custom road textures. Sidewalks (well, visible sidewalks) have no place on an obviously rural highway like that.

Orange/Reddish Brick Building (Pictures 4 & 8):

Not sure what it's supposed to be. An apartment building? Theater? Either way, it looks nice.

Gray and Tan Building (Picture 5):

Not sure what it's supposed to be either. A gym? Martial Arts Academy? Though it looks nice too.

Coastline (Pictures 6 & 7):

That looks nice too. In fact, I don't know if that particular area needs any refinement. Unless you intend to place the Beach lot there. Is that where you intend to place the Beach?

Dance Club (Picture 9):

I assume that's the actual lot type? I'm not sure if I would have went with the blue. Then again, I don't know what the inside looks like.

Library (Picture 10):

It's obviously unfinished, but it looks good so far.

Since the lot size is so large, I'd recommend adding some more stuff in the courtyard. Perhaps some landscaping, maybe some fountains, and some park benches. Maybe even some outdoor chess sets. The landscaping could include a garden, with hedges.

It's also a nice touch that you used a different texture for the crosswalks. Not every town has crosswalks in that style, but some do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:02 AM
Interior pics of club.

I actually haven't thought of what I'm going to do with that beach .Do you think the beach lot would work well there?
Instructor
#40 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 6:27 AM
That club looks nice. However, I'd probably replace the bar island counters with proper mixology bars. I don't know how crowded it would get (different people report different results), but three bars means three times as many places to order drinks.

As far as using that beach area for the actual beach lot, it depends. Do you intend to add more beach like areas to your world eventually? Just wondering if other possible locations might exist.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:18 AM
Oh gosh, I still love it.
I don't have anything to say about it now..

Except, maybe I missed it or something, but how big is the world?

"And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears." ~ Mumford & Sons
Instructor
#42 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 12:24 PM
I don't think you should place the beach lot there. It looks so nice now, I think a lot would just mess everything up. If you plan to create more beach areas, you can place a lot on those...

My other advice is: the orange and the beige bricks building look really nice, but don't you think that the other high skyscrapers are a bit out of place? Having an urban area besides the country/mountain/swamp is good, but I think that such high skyscrapers would be a little weird, especially so close to the wilderness and the woods...

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
That club looks nice. However, I'd probably replace the bar island counters with proper mixology bars. I don't know how crowded it would get (different people report different results), but three bars means three times as many places to order drinks.

As far as using that beach area for the actual beach lot, it depends. Do you intend to add more beach like areas to your world eventually? Just wondering if other possible locations might exist.

With the club I'll most likely change those bars over to mixology bars. I'll probably do a little testing first to see how that effects it. There will be many other locations to place that beach lot. Since that beach looks pretty good as it is the beach lot will end up on one of the others.

Quote: Originally posted by nikkicornelisse
Oh gosh, I still love it.
I don't have anything to say about it now..

Except, maybe I missed it or something, but how big is the world?

The world is situated on an extra large map.

Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
I don't think you should place the beach lot there. It looks so nice now, I think a lot would just mess everything up. If you plan to create more beach areas, you can place a lot on those...

My other advice is: the orange and the beige bricks building look really nice, but don't you think that the other high skyscrapers are a bit out of place? Having an urban area besides the country/mountain/swamp is good, but I think that such high skyscrapers would be a little weird, especially so close to the wilderness and the woods...

Already answered the top question.I actually don't think those tall skyscrapers look too out of place but I will think about it.

and 2 new pics

Instructor
#44 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 12:45 PM
Love the new buildings! Very Old American Town

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#45 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 7:28 AM
Here is a new skyscraper.

Here is a pic of it at night.It's not quite finished.

,and a scenic pic

In that last pic do you think I should make that little patch of green out in the ocean a rock or just make it disappear?
Instructor
#46 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 8:24 AM
The skyscraper looks nice. You should probably add some fountains and/or benches just outside of it. Another thing you should probably add would be some lights on the roof.

The light things would actually apply for any very tall buildings you have. In real life, they're there to prevent airplanes and helicopters from colliding into them.

As for that green spot in the scenic view, my vote is to flatten it out of view and get rid of it. But I'd wait until someone else says something about it, since they might have a great idea for how it can be used.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:22 AM
In my opinion the little green patch looks a bit lost. I would say delete it.
The last pic looks lovely.

Keep on the great work!

Field Researcher
#48 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 10:02 PM
Love what you're doing, keep it up!
As for the green patch out there, I think it would look good as an island sort of thing, with that ruined dock, sort of making it like an old kids hang out. Maybe... i don't know, but that's what I would do with it. :D

RylandHomes - Dorian Lard
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 10:47 PM
How does this look?

Instructor
#50 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ouerbacker
How does this look?

Looks good.

Is that another part of the winding road you posted earlier, or somewhere else?

A road with visible sidewalks is probably out of place there, unless it's right next to a bunch of buildings.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: Old - will re-open if requested
Page 2 of 18