Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

BENNO Entertainment Center: Watch TV on a diagonal & Fun-Kadelic Bookshelf Stereo

by Honeywell Posted 24th Jan 2011 at 6:47 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2011 at 8:03 PM by Honeywell

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 28 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 7:33 PM
men are my idol, thanks to the end may have Ikea furniture without having to download the sims 2 ikea stuff ... I'm sorry if I'm wrong to put something in bad English, but is not English, I am Spanish and use google translator for English-language page.

thanks and goodbye.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 8:05 PM
Thank you! Especially the diagonal TV is super. Finally a 'corner god' for Sims. More like that in all sizes would be greatly appreciated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 8:37 PM
I love this. It's beautiful. I can't wait to test it out in-game.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 9:03 PM
A stereo that can be placed on shelves, a tv sta... sorry, entertainment centre with extra shelves so I can place my Sims' gaming systems without having to use cheats or OMSPs, AND a diagonal version of it? Have I told you lately that I love you?
Helptato
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 9:53 PM
Brilliant, thank you! Finally, a nice stereo that I can just place on tables or shelves!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 11:22 PM
Nice entertainment centRE. :D
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#8 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 12:30 AM
Practical, has slots, has functionality. This is worth many cookies!
* hands over some cookies *
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 2:37 AM
This is superb! Are you making a BENNO series? Cause if so, i'm loving it soo much <3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 3:43 AM
Very nice! I like it!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 6:03 AM
great idea!!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 1:53 PM
This is so awesome. I've been hunting for a tv this size that I could put on shelves and you upload one with its own built in shelves? Perfect. Thank You
Theorist
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 3:37 PM
Thanks for commenting ladies/guys it makes my day. And NixNivis I should hire you to do my posts, you make this sound good!
Quote: Originally posted by biscuitbear
This is superb! Are you making a BENNO series? Cause if so, i'm loving it soo much <3
Thanks biscuitbear! But no, I was just taking a break from my Jonesi Bed Blanket project because I'm starting to hate it I've been working on it so long.

I just wanted a TV I could place on a diagonal and still use but it grew a bit when I found the coffee table...needed something to put on the tv stand...blah, blah, blah. There are still some recolors left in the moderation queue though so everything will match but that's it. But IKEA pairs it's BENNO stuff with the CD racks and the Billy Bookcases together like leesester does HERE so if you don't have them yet you should check them out. They're great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 9:26 PM
This is wonderful! Thanks so much~
Test Subject
#15 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Thanks for commenting ladies/guys it makes my day. And NixNivis I should hire you to do my posts, you make this sound good!
Thanks biscuitbear! But no, I was just taking a break from my Jonesi Bed Blanket project because I'm starting to hate it I've been working on it so long.

I just wanted a TV I could place on a diagonal and still use but it grew a bit when I found the coffee table...needed something to put on the tv stand...blah, blah, blah. There are still some recolors left in the moderation queue though so everything will match but that's it. But IKEA pairs it's BENNO stuff with the CD racks and the Billy Bookcases together like leesester does HERE so if you don't have them yet you should check them out. They're great!

Ah too bad! Thanks for the link, it's perfect for the house i'm working on!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th Jan 2011 at 10:23 AM
Wow, I truly love this set, fantastic work and thank you so much for sharing 'Awesome'
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 27th Jan 2011 at 8:54 AM
Very clever electronics, I love the diagonal bit very much and all the recols are also fantastic. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 3:06 PM
This is a winner! Thank you so much<3
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2011 at 10:06 PM
I love this little entertainment centre, but am having some trouble with the stereo. The stereo refuses to place on the top shelf of the tv stand - it only goes on the bottom shelf. It's clearly on the top shelf in your pics so I don't know what's going on - are you sure you uploaded the final version? I was using the FreeTime TV, and it did the same thing on the straight and diagonal versions.

I was also unable to place the stereo on the floor without using the "moveobjects on" cheat, which was a bit surprising since you need to put in on the floor to repair it. That's not such a big deal, but figured it was worth a mention in case it's related or in case it's something easy to fix.

Anyhow, yeah. I love this set, especially the diagonal TV - such a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing.
Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 4th Feb 2011 at 12:01 AM Last edited by Honeywell : 4th Feb 2011 at 2:59 AM.
Gah! I don't know what I did but I just downloaded it and I have the same issues you do with the FT version but the BG version seems fine. For the life of me I can't figure out how the FT version got messed up considering I cloned the finished BG version...I thought at least. Anyway, hopefully I'll have a chance to figure it out and upload the fixed TV tonight or tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, fanseelamb--much appreciated!

ETA:
I fixed the packages and uploaded the new one and deleted the old so hopefully they'll show up soon. Thanks again!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#21 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 1:32 AM
Yay, it works great now! Thanks, Honeywell! I did notice that there's a big gap between the back of the TV and where the sparks and smoke fly out when the TV is broken, but I'm not sure if that's fixable or just a side effect of cloning a CRT TV as a base. That was on both the straight and diagonal TVs BTW, and I only tried the FreeTime version. Anyhow, it's not a big deal. I still adore this set!
Theorist
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Yay, it works great now! Thanks, Honeywell! I did notice that there's a big gap between the back of the TV and where the sparks and smoke fly out when the TV is broken, but I'm not sure if that's fixable or just a side effect of cloning a CRT TV as a base. That was on both the straight and diagonal TVs BTW, and I only tried the FreeTime version. Anyhow, it's not a big deal. I still adore this set!

Actually, it's probably easily fixable just by adjusting the translation coordinates or importing new effect bhavs. I spent hours fiddling with the stereo effects (and currently grill effects) so I'm pretty familiar with them now. It didn't even occur to me that the effects were off because I never pay attention to that sort of thing in my own game. I broke the TV, saw sparks, fixed it and called it a day. I never even looked at it from behind. I know I can't do it tonight but I should be able to fix it tomorrow.

You know what this means don't you? I'm going to ask you to test my next project before I upload it. There's lots of fiddly bits and crazyness going on and I'm not even half way done with it so there's bound to tons of problems. You've been warned.
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#23 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 4:55 AM
Ooh yay! *makes grabby-hands at this mysterious half-finished project*

Yeah, I just happened to be viewing the TV from the side and taking pics when it broke so that's how I noticed the sparks thing. I guess it's good to twirl stuff around and look from all angles when testing anything.
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 3:50 PM
Oh noes! Where the pic go? I wanted to look at it again. It was great...like an intro to an adult entertainment video from the 70's. lol

The new files are uploaded and should appear soon. Thanks again for your help!

P.S.
And not mysterious just a lot of undetermined as of yet outdoor stuff. A firepit (which I love love), hot tub, and patio set are for sure--I have them, they work but I need to work on the textures. Outdoor counters, grill and fridge in the works but I'm not sure how I want to do them yet. I'm leaning towards separate items that can be placed onto and into the counters. But I think building them into a fake counter will make the set look better but less versatile? Maybe I'll start a thread in the feedback forum and get some opinions.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#25 Old 25th Feb 2011 at 12:09 PM
A very handy set I'm going to use for sure. I like that simple style and the fact you can decorate it the way you'd like to.
Page 1 of 2