Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 5th Mar 2011 at 11:51 PM Last edited by newsjunkie : 15th Mar 2011 at 6:00 PM.
@lien: An export tool is a good idea, and it's no problem to export all the data to a .txt or .csv file. But .xls is a very complicated file format and therefore I cannot directly export to it. But I could probably export a plaintext file with formatting so you can copy-paste it into MS Excel.
Detailed ages... no and yes. Not in the first alpha version that I can hopefully release soon. But in some later version, you will be allowed to add custom columns, so you can add whatever you like.
Oh, you remind me of the language issue! I think the first alpha version will only be available in English. The reason is that I first have to develop a system to store the text strings that would need translation in a separate file. But thanks for the offer to translate my program to Dutch!

@mac and linux users: Good news: You can install Python 3 without breaking any existing Python 2 installations. This means, you can install and run my program without breaking any other applications on your computer.
(Since Windows does not come with a pre-installed Python, there is nothing to break here.)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 5:42 PM
Hi all,

sorry this is taking so long. I expected the program to be much easier to write. Plus, the new semester started in April and I've hardly had any time to work at it since then. But I have not forgotten about it, and I am working at the first alpha version, and I hope it will be finished soon. So please be patient.
Oh, btw: The program will NOT look like the screenshots above. I had to start all over again in late March, because my original program was too messy. Also, the appearance will depend on your operating system and apperance/ theme settings, of course. Probably I can upload some screenshots soon.

newsjunkie
Scholar
#28 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 1:15 AM
Excellent, newsjunkie. I was just thinking the other day that I seriously wanted a new database program for my neighbourhood.

My offer to test the first version still stands.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:19 AM
I also still want to test it. I don't mind that's in English. But when possible I still want to translate it in Dutch.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#30 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 6:31 PM
I wouldnt Mind helping Translating (I know some Spanish .. I may be helpful in that area lol )
But Seriously I like the Idea of this .. Hope it goes Well

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Instructor
#31 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 6:53 PM
Wow, this sounds really interesting! I'd like to help with translating, but unfortunately the only foreign language I'm any good at is German. I'll definitely test it though, when the alpha version is finished.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 8:36 PM
I just reread your first post and I thought of something a made myself last year. It's also a standalone program to keep track of the budget of your sims (like in Sims 1 where it was included in the game (budget overview).
It was rejected on MTS, but you can take a look at it here: http://bit.ly/mgLbja

Maybe you can put something like that in it too so it's all in one program.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Very old, but will unlock if OP requests.
Page 2 of 2