Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural
S3PE and Merging Package files help, please
(Hope I asked this in the right area! )

Alright, I have ten thousand package files (exaggeration, of course) in my folder, and it's lagging the game like a mother, so I got the S3PE thingy and started using it -- a lot. Now my problem is, the thing merges my package files just fine, but

A) is there a way to un-merge? (I figured there might not be, but had to ask the pros, just in case! )
B) why is it that the merged file is TWICE if not THREE times heavier than the original items pre-merging?
C) Is there a way to shrink down the size of the merged package file? Because the game runs fine now, but my computer memory is slowly being eaten away! Can't win for losing! lol

Thanks!
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:02 PM
A) No - keep the unmerged files somewhere else on your computer in case you need to remove stuff and re-merge. This has happened a lot with patches and EPs, and it can be things you'd never expect. Merging is all about in-game performance, not saving space.

B) Probably compression-related.

C) Compressorizer: http://forum.jfade.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=473

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:04 PM
No, you can't unmerge. Keep a backup of the separate files so that when you need to remove an item, you can just delete that merged file and make a new one sans the item in question.

I guess the size difference is because the compression settings are being lost - I'm not sure what you can do about that though.

ETA: Well, bah.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 11:12 PM
Thanks you guys!!!! Aw poopie--I delete all the packages I merge! O.O LMAO
I checked out the Compressorizer thingy and it looks great! Just what I need! Thanks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! :lovestruc
Locked thread