Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 2:12 AM
Default Late Night crashing to desktop
I can't get any help on the Sims3 forums, so I'm trying here. I've got the same issue, except I don't have any CC other than that from the EA store. I did have FordGT90Concepts LAA enabler fix installed prior to the new patch and LN release. The combo of ford's LAA fix, DEP and Win7 firewall exceptions made it possible for me to play Ambitions with 0% freezes, CTD etc.

My system is an i-980, 6GB, 1TG, Nvidia 280GT. I've got all EPs+Base game (with no SP) installed. The game is now completely up to date according to the skuversion.txt files. My system is more than capable of handling the game.

Unfortunately, EA has finally decided to make pirating Fordgt90 and Symanteco's LAA initiatve official with LN release. Bless you EA for rendering the LAA fix obsolete.

Unfortunately however, this LAA fix on the .exe isn't working for a lot of folks (myself included) since the recent patch. I don't know if the LAA fix was included in the latest patch or with LN itself. But it's creating identical CTD issues for simmers all over the Sims3 forum--my LN and/or the patch is @##$%%^ CTD my game every time I try to play a household.

Is it possible to continue running a memory LAA enabler on EA's "fixed" TS3EP03.exe? ie could any game corruption occur as result? I finally got around to checking my latest minidump file. Of the physical 6GB RAM available on my system, ONLY 50% was physically available to the game! In fact, the game was consistently crashing around 39% memory load, just over 2GB. Is it remotely possible EA f****d up their coding in enabling LAA?

Because I'm now begining to think this CTD is a result of the recent patch, since 2 people at the Sims3 forum had the identical CTD like mine. One person was having the CTD AFTER the new patch and BEFORE installing LN. The other person only installed the new patch but didn't even have LN!

Outstanding. If I can't get LN to run, it will be the last EP I ever buy from EA. The f****g butt pirates.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:24 AM
I have the same problem as you watersprite, i can't believe we can buy games that just don't work.

I have tried everything and i cannot play Late Night for more than a couple of minutes before it crashes.

I don't think they messed up the LAA code as a lot of people can actually play this game with no problems... we are the unlucky ones.

I have a powerful gaming system, no Custom Content, i do have all the extensions and my game was running fine before Late Night, and DEP has been fixed although that's definitly not the problem.

I haven't installed any patches but my game was always running fine, since there are no patches for late night i don't see the point.

I hope someone helps us
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 11:45 AM
If you're concerned that the LAA fix has corrupted your exe, restore the original exe. If you still get crashes, try enabling LAA manually using CFF Explorer - it's one of the several steps (any and all of which might help you) in the Game Help:Crash workaroundswiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:01 AM
Default Bridgeport still CTD after clean install--help Win 7 users
I checked the FAQ and links on the game being broken. But none of the solutions apply, so I'm posting this here. If this thread is in the wrong place, then please let me know where to post it.

I've got the base game and all the EPs (no SPs). My system is Win7 64 bit, i7-960 @3.2GHz, with 6GBRAM, 500GB HD, Nvidia GTX 285. I've got no CC other than that from the EA store. I've also never had any issues with playing any of the sims3 EPs until the latest 1.17/4.5 patch. Prior to LN release and the latest patch, I had to use Fordgt90concept's LAA fixer with DEP. Once I used that LAA fix, I had zero gameplay issues---until EA decided to call Murphy's Law back from vacation that is. And now that EA has finally decided to act responsibly by enabling LAA on the base game/LN ep, I've had nothing but CTD. Creating CAS sims and moving them in isn't a problem. But the second I try to make a sim visit any location in the neighborhood or do something in Bridgeport, I get an instantaneous CTD. Worst yet, the crashing has spread to Twinbrooks, Sunset Valley & Riverside?!?

So I thought I must have borked the manual patch process and ended up uninstalling the base & all EPs from my system. I followed the instructions EA posted at their customer service site to completely remove the the sims3 from my registry and system.

Then I did a 100% clean install, patching the base and each EP install sequentially with the Patch Downloader. Didn't get any errors in the installation process. Also checked the skuversion.txt file to verify the game had patched correctly. I even peeked at the LN and base game .exe with CFF explorer to make sure the Enable LAA box had been checked with EA's latest 1.17 & 4.5 patch updates.

Then I added all game .exes, launcher and even the TSLhelper.exe help files to the DEP list for the base game and 3 EPs. Although I always bypass the launcher and play the game directly from the latest EP .exe, I also added all the EADM files in the EADM folder to the DEP list.

As a extra precaution, added all the game files & EADM files as exceptions in the Windows firewall. But I didn't re-enable ford's LAA fixer on any of the game .exes since this was unnecessary.

After 3 hours of an exhausting re-installing & patching process, the friggin game still CTD's in bridgeport! It's crashing on a completely clean reinstall with no Mods/downloads folder, brand newly generated cache files, and no former save games within a light year of the Sims3 folder! I simply CANNOT run the game in live mode.

Is there any way to roll back the 1.17/4.5 patch to a earlier patch? My game ran flawlessly with the 4.0 Ambitions and 1.15 base game. Had no problems traveling to WA, etc at those patch updates. Based on what I've seen on the sims3 forums, this seems to be happening to a lot of folks. But a lot of the dxdiags I've seen are older system specs with 3GB or less etc. Does anyone have a newer system with this issue but finally got the game to run??? Or if Bridgeport hood isn't playable, has anyone been able to play the other neighborhoods without crashing??

EA tech support is still as completely clueless as its always been. And the sims3 forums aren't much better--assuming you can access them that is. This really sucks because gamestop won't do a refund on the open box. So now I'm stuck with continuing to give EA free beta testing on a grossly overpriced, buggy EP, or begging them for a refund. Oh man. I've got to admit EA may have finally driven me to on this EP release. Thanks a lot EA, you unscrupulous lot of butt pirates.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 5:20 AM
whiterider, apologies for the aparent spamming. I posted an update to this topic here
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=423896

because I thought this thread had gotten deleted. The game still @#%^$&(*! CTD even after a completely pristene install with no mods/cc and newly regenerated cache files. I can't understand how my high end system cannot run this game. There's something in EA's coding on the latest 1.17/4.5 patch that's breaking the game for i-core simmers, much the same way the 4.2 ambitions patch created many issues for icore simmers. In fact, I know two folks that uninstalled the patch and went back to ver 4.0 Ambitions. Their game ran fine after that! Is there a way to roll back to ver 4.0/1.15 base game without having to reinstall ambitions/WA and the base game???
Inventor
#6 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 7:15 AM
Since I have been having problems with my game CTD. Just today I renamed the TS3 folder to The Sims 3 backup and started the game. I then quit and ran Fords patch program and I needed a patch for every EP and SP. I do not remember what the patches are or what version I had without them but it might be what you need to get rid of one of the patches.

What I did is down at the bottom of this page
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game Help:Sims_3_Loading_Crashes
In the Arena
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:20 AM
Since reinstalling, have you tested without doing all those DEP things to see if it works without it?
The crashing may have nothing to do with LAA or DEP.

Crashing can also be caused by faulty routing resulting from Ambitions Lots being auto-placed by the game.
Test again in a new Bridgeport by manually placing these, if possible.
And also test in a new Sunset Valley game to see if it is just Bridgeport being wonky.

When you add more tools/utilities to help with the game, you then need to test if those tools/utilities are contributing to the issue or solving it.

If you suspect the LAA (or CFF) is not tweaking things right, skip doing that step to see if it is even needed now.

If you suspect the patch downloader is not picking up the correct patch, download the patch exe yourself manually and run it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:59 AM
Default EP 3: Late Night
Quote:
Whiterider wrote: If you're concerned that the LAA fix has corrupted your exe, restore the original exe. If you still get crashes, try enabling LAA manually using CFF Explorer - it's one of the several steps (any and all of which might help you) in the Game Help:Crash workaroundswiki

Whiterider i did a complete uninstall and restall of the game and all EPs per EA's instructions. This meant I not only had windows remove the game from the control panel, but also deleted the appropriate registry keys to remove ALL traces of the game from my system.

Quote:
Romagi wrote: Since I have been having problems with my game CTD. Just today I renamed the TS3 folder to The Sims 3 backup and started the game. I then quit and ran Fords patch program and I needed a patch for every EP and SP. I do not remember what the patches are or what version I had without them but it might be what you need to get rid of one of the patches.

Romagi
1. I did a complete new install from my game CDs. I used ford's patch downloader to patch the game between EP installs. So the base game .exe was automatically updated to EA's new LAA enabled version upon patching. Same thing for the LN CD which .exe had LAA already enabled from the disk. I verified this by looking at both base game and LN .exe with the CFF explorer. I even checked WA and Amb .exe's to ensure these were not LAA enabled.

2. Then I reinstalled the latest version of EADM from the Sims3 site (both my .NET and Adobe Air were already up to date before doing this btw. All my video drivers and hardware are updated as well). After that, I added all the EP .exe and launcher files to the DEP exception list.

3. After that, I made sure my Win 7 firewall had the appropriate exceptions for ALL the EADM files.

4. Finally, I launched the TS303.exe ( i.e. EA's pristine, LAA enabled .exe) directly from the executable file running it as admin. After a promising loading screen, I was able to zoom around Bridgeport from Edit town view, enter CAS, create/save Sims to the library, and export Sims into the neighborhood. Quite predictably, the game CTD within seconds of me trying to direct my sims to either use something, or go somewhere in the game.

I ran ford's LAA analyzer tool and it had DEP crashes all over the board. The windows minidmp files also confirmed this. But the DEP crashing isn't firewall, antiviral (have Microsoft Security Essentials) or CC related!!!

I also wish to point out the existence of any previous game content ie saved games/downloads/EA CC etc are NOT a factor, since I didn't put them back into the newly created Sims3 folder. Their absence apparently permitted the game to load the 4 Ambitions bldgs, so I didn't have any grey lots when the new version of Bridgeport loaded. So I guess something in my original Sims 3 folder was blocking the Ambitions bldg placement. But despite deleting all 4 Amb bldgs, saving the game, exiting to main menu, and rentering the neighborhood, the game still CTDs.

I also tried the "firehouse workaround" someone posted on the Sims3 forum a while back with same result. Worse yet, this CTD has spread to ALL my newly installed neighborhoods--Sunset Valley, Twinbrooks, Riverside. All because for some inexplicable reason--only known to EA's software programmers--the latest base game 1.17 and Amb 4.5 updates are incompatible with my high end gaming system.

The only Sims3 application that I didn't uninstall was CAW--I didn't uninstall it, since it was already up to date and I rarely use it during gameplay. What a complete dissapointement. I'm going back to playing Amb at version 4.0 update. At least EA has decided to refund my money. Ah well. It's looking like Ambitions is definitely going to be the last EP I'll ever buy in the Sims3 franchise. The cyber migraine simply isn't worth it anymore.

Thanks for all the feedback. Cheers.....
Locked thread