Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Round Corner for Federal Fence

by Lisen801 Posted 29th Oct 2010 at 2:31 PM - Updated 14th Nov 2010 at 7:05 PM by Lisen801

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 3:50 PM
This makes the fence look fantastic! Thank you very much for creating this!
Wiki Wizard
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 5:25 PM
omg i think i love you! :lovestruc this is like my favourite fence, and you just made it sooo much more awesome and usable!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 6:51 PM
Gorgeous.Can just add a little comment and a huge Thank you to the previous ones.... Your marvelous fence makes me speechless.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 7:46 PM
Finally nice to have this as I have blank-blankety-blanking about not being able to make round corners for fences. Something that I was hoping to find in the new expansion pack, but no luck. Anyway, thanks for your hard work and for sharing a great idea with all of us fellow Simmers.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tmadrk
Finally nice to have this as I have blank-blankety-blanking about not being able to make round corners for fences. Something that I was hoping to find in the new expansion pack, but no luck.

You'd think curved fences would have gone right along with the new curved pools and fountains. I suppose it's a little more difficult to set up a variable-curve mesh for them as opposed to just a hole in the ground. Curved walls would be even cooler but I can understand that being a bigger issue in regards to furniture collision, windows or hanging things on the walls.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 10:29 PM
Oh, my gosh! Wow, thank you! I don't suppose you could do that for other fences, could you? Yeah, suppose not.

Either way, thank you, thank you, thank you! I love your work, really.

Oh, btw, where'd you find the shutters on the house? Those are wonderful shutters.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Lisen801 : 30th Oct 2010 at 12:09 AM.
Thank you for yout comments, I appreciate it very much.

There are not many fences that are suitable to do with round corners.
The shutters, windows and doors are my own.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:12 AM
Fabulous, thank you so much!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:20 AM
Thankyou very much
Test Subject
#11 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:26 AM
I'm having issues with the fence to match properly to the actual fence. The issue seems to be that the way the fence snaps to the grid. In order for the fence to be on the same grid row, there is now half a grid missing between the actual fence and the round fence. Obviously, this is not the way it's supposed to work. I've used the cheat to remove snapping to the grid, but this doesn't seem to work for fences...? Anyway, I love the idea but I can't seem to implement it properly and it makes me a really sad panda

EDIT
Haha, nevermind. I found the cheat that solved the problem
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:47 AM
I totally love this fence. these corner sections are great! How did you get the fence to show up like that in your game? mine has a black backround behind the wrought iron and it wont go away.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 12:35 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 30th Oct 2010 at 3:01 PM. Reason: Merged posts: 3355807, 3355810
Quote: Originally posted by LeaTelamon
I'm having issues with the fence to match properly to the actual fence. The issue seems to be that the way the fence snaps to the grid. In order for the fence to be on the same grid row, there is now half a grid missing between the actual fence and the round fence. Obviously, this is not the way it's supposed to work. I've used the cheat to remove snapping to the grid, but this doesn't seem to work for fences...? Anyway, I love the idea but I can't seem to implement it properly and it makes me a really sad panda

EDIT
Haha, nevermind. I found the cheat that solved the problem

Would you mind sharing the cheat.

Thanks.

Thanks so much for sharing Lisen. :p
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jus2885
I totally love this fence. these corner sections are great! How did you get the fence to show up like that in your game? mine has a black backround behind the wrought iron and it wont go away.

Hmm... I have heard about the problem you describe, perhaps because the graphics settings and graphics cards.
Go into the CAST and change little on the hue setting for the wrought iron so the error disappear.

I hope it works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 5:25 PM
Such a wonderful idea!!! I love it.
Big bunch of thanks to you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 6:41 AM
It looks fantastic and will become my favourite in creating my lots.
Thank you very much. :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 10:12 AM
Yeah, smooth corners, nice work, thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 10:16 AM
This is the best fence as of yet. Thank's for sharing!
Test Subject
#19 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 8:12 AM
Thank you so much for making this. I love anything that adapts fences, stairs and furniture to a curve. It makes things look so much better.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 8:43 PM
Looking good, Thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 2:56 PM
Hi I love this fencing but cannot seem to find the Straight part of the fence that matches it, i have Sims 3 base game and WA expansion pack but Federal fence is in neither of them! Is it part of a different expansion Pack?
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 6:31 PM Last edited by Lisen801 : 14th Nov 2010 at 7:02 PM.
beldareth...

I think that fence is a part of the Base Game so you must have it!

Edit:
I checked now and found that, unfortunately, you must have Ambition.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Dec 2010 at 8:17 AM
I have ambitions I just dont have it installed at the moment, is there any possibility you could make a base game curved fence insted of one for an expansion pack? Thanks
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 4:46 PM
Thank you so much. Your item was my first download for TS3.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Apr 2011 at 12:33 AM
Beautiful! Thank you so much!
Page 1 of 2