Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Amélie's Oddities - Consignment Shop (no CC)

by wormwoodz Posted 4th Aug 2010 at 7:48 PM - Updated 5th Aug 2010 at 2:03 AM by wormwoodz

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 8:18 PM
Your shop is adorable. Great job!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 8:25 PM
Beautiful! I would love this as a home

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 8:37 PM
Wow thank you! Sunset Valley really needed this! Now the only thing my Sunset Valley needs now is a Hangout. . .

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Forum Resident
#5 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:20 PM
This is cute, and does look loads better than the one store that came with the game in the library. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 9:23 PM
I had the same problem. I tried to make my own consignment shop but it just wasn't turning out how I wanted it. Thank you for sharing this. It's lovely.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 10:32 PM
This looks great - it really does fit in with Sunset Valley. Thank you so much for sharing!
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 5:10 AM
Love it, thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#9 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:45 AM
Won't install for me. I right click and hit Open, but nothing happens no sign of it installing.. And it's not showing up under community lots I really want this lot, is it available on the exchange?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bcollins87
Won't install for me. I right click and hit Open, but nothing happens no sign of it installing.. And it's not showing up under community lots I really want this lot, is it available on the exchange?

Try checking the "Downloads" folder on your Sims 3 Launcher. It might be the case the lot is downloaded, but not instaled. Browse through the downloads and find the lot, and see if it appears "greyed out" (as installed). If not, thick the box next to it and click instal.

If the above does not work, I have uploaded it to the exchange. You can find it here .

Hope this helps. Have fun!
Test Subject
#11 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 3:06 AM
Worked from the exchange! Awesome thx!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 12:33 PM
It also only worked from the exchange for me, thank you so much for this lot!
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 5:00 PM
Hi. I hope that i can use this great lot in my world. Because it is a perfect fit with th theme.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Padda1794
Hi. I hope that i can use this great lot in my world. Because it is a perfect fit with th theme.

Sure, you're welcome to do whatever you please with it
Feel free to include it in your worlds, modify it, clone it, whatever. No problem with filesharing
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bcollins87

The same for me - it will not install. I don't download anything from the exchange due to the problems they have with corrupted files so I guess this is my loss. It is a very nice lot though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Oct 2010 at 2:14 PM
Thanks a lot for this, I'm burnt out on trying to find matching Ambitions lots for Sunset Valley. I've yet to even try the Salon, Fire Fighter, or Inventor professions simply because I haven't found an aesthetically pleasing lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Oct 2010 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mrnickwright
Thanks a lot for this, I'm burnt out on trying to find matching Ambitions lots for Sunset Valley. I've yet to even try the Salon, Fire Fighter, or Inventor professions simply because I haven't found an aesthetically pleasing lot.

I know exactly what you mean :/
I'm still looking for a salon to replace the maxis one (or perhaps I'll build one when I have the patience)

I found a firestation at TSR that pleased me very much and I think fits well with Sunset Valley. I'll leave it out as a friendly suggestion
It's "Fire Station No.2" by shavasite, you can find it here
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 2:43 PM
this is wounder full by far the best fit I have seen for my town and style of play. thanks
Zombie Socks
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 6:57 AM
This is perfect! It's adorable and blends perfectly! Thank you so much! And yes, we need more shops and rabbit holes. Perhaps I will upload more.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 6:52 PM
This is really pretty, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 3:53 AM
I can't seem to place an empty lot next to the bistro anymore. I did at one time but I had to remove the save as it got corrupted.

I even uninstalled everything and went back to the base game and I still can't put a stupid lot there, it's always red :-(
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 1:18 PM
Thank you so much! It's just what I need! :-D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:03 AM
Yeah, it doesn't work for me either...It is such a shame because (even though you claim not to be a great builder) judging by the uploads you have put here on MTS you seem to have a natural talent for building! This lot is no exception, and I would love to have it in my town.

That being said, is there any chance you could figure out a remedy for this? Although I'm not even sure why it's not working...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 6:43 PM
Thanks so much! This is just what I needed!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 4:12 AM
@ mrnickwright & mariomaster101
Sorry for late reply, I don't check in here as often as I should.

I don't know what can be causing that problem in your neighborhoods, I have installed mine at least in 3 clean Sunset Valley games and it worked no problem. The placing however can vary a bit from game to game. So in your case you may want to try every possible position next to that spot. Make sure you don't hit street lamps or inclinations.
If this fails and the game doesn't let you place a lot adjacent to the road, you can try pressing alt while trying to position the lot (this should give you more freedom of rotation and placement). You might end up hitting a spot not technically connected to the road but it's the best I can suggest to you both at this moment

I'm sorry, I know that sucks. I hate Sunset Valley's lack of space for this very same reason.