Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

NiceNBrite Fluorescent Lites

by mustluvcatz Posted 10th Jul 2010 at 10:15 AM - Updated 10th Jul 2010 at 5:24 PM by mustluvcatz

35 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:34 AM
Ceiling Lights are great, thank you!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:46 AM
I have hospitals and schools that will 'benefit' from these. Thanks so much.

This space for rent.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 12:16 PM
These are great! I haven't seen anything like them anywhere else. Thanks - they'll be really useful!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:49 PM
These are awesome and something that was missing from the game! Thanks so much cant wait to use them!
Test Subject
#6 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:03 PM
These are great, thanks!
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:04 PM
I knew there was one set of lights missing from the game-these! Thanks for the new style!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 5:30 PM
You're all welcome. The idea wasn't mine though- TheSimsWorldSims requested a fluorescent ceiling light. This upload is the result of that request. Thank you for the nice comments.

Thanks to Honeywell for her help in CF, too.
Not actually evil.
#9 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:02 PM
These look quite nice! :D

However, they appear to have the same issue the Maxis square lights do. They don't go transparent as you zoom out, so they block the view of the room, especially if you place many of them. Is there a way to make them go transparent, like the Maxis cheap round ceiling light?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:19 PM
I love both styles - thank you, mustluvcatz!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:54 PM
Coeg- (sorry, it's easier!) I'm sure there is a way to do that. I'll have to scout around and see what I can find. There used to be (or still is) a hack that prevented fading of certain things, too bad there isn't one for the reverse. Or is there? <-hypothetical question
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 11:10 PM
These look so cool! Thank you!
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#13 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 11:12 PM
Very Nice.

As for the fading, you might need to add a bhav to it's "Init" bhav. Check out this thread, look around post 41 and 42.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 11:55 PM
Thankies for the link.

Thanks for the comments, too..and you're welcome.
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 8:08 AM
I've wanted something like this ever since I became absurdly devoted to the Sims! You have my sincere thanks for creating the lights in-game.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Thankies for the link.

Thanks for the comments, too..and you're welcome.

I'm always on the lookout for bright, non-obtrusive lighting. Let us know when you get these updated! They're great!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:54 PM
Thanks these are awesome especially for OFB like that glooming real estate office now it will be brighter =D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 10:46 PM
Yay!!! My simple, yet "essential" fluorescent lights are here! I am so happy, thankful, grateful and exited that MustLuvCatz has made these for me! I knew that these had been missing from the game for a long time. The grocery stores, clothing stores, and basically all the community lots really needed something that was modern, unobtrusive, bright and basic for their lighting needs....and this was the end result. I absolutely love them MLC.....thanks again!!!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 12:57 AM
You know what, this is EPIC. I always wanted a light that looked like it was actually IN the ceiling.

Typing in a forum in the slowest way to die
Field Researcher
#20 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 11:33 PM
Oooh, definitely grabbing these. Especially the wall lights will be perfect in a number of my houses. Thanks very much for making them.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Aug 2010 at 12:08 AM
You're welcome and thanks so much for the comments! It's always awesome to know your creations are liked.

TheSimsWorldSims- Meshing is my way of drawing when I can't draw.. guess you could say it's a way of sketching, lol. I'm glad they were what you wanted.
I haven't figured out exactly what I need to change to make the ceiling lights fade yet. I think I may need to ask for help directly, instead of just reading..but I still plan to update the ceiling lights.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 1:35 AM
Definatly a 'bright' idea. Great work. Thanks for sharing
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 9:57 PM
Inge at Simlogical has a ceiling object hider. I don't have a link, but I know that I have the object and use it on every lot!
Former Hamster
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 11:48 PM
Thanks for that, elfpuddle.

I kind of forgot about updating these. I've learned a lot since I made them- and know how to edit the BHAV now. When I have time (and I'll make a note, so I don't forget) I'll get these updated.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 3:05 PM
I LOVE these thank you :D
Page 1 of 2