Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Carpool Disabler

by Buzzler Posted 5th Jul 2010 at 1:16 AM - Updated 15th Mar 2014 at 10:51 AM by Buzzler

225 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 146 Feedback Posts, 78 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:48 AM
Thank you. I couldn't find a mod ANYWHERE that removed just the carpool. I like the schoolbus, but people honking in my front yard at 6:00 am is just not cool. I also like that you can select to enable it and disable in-game, so if I want to change it, well, there ya go. May I be your first download.

"I've been really busy being dead. You know, after you murdered me. But I think we can put our differences behind us. For science. you monster"

-GLaDOS
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 2:49 AM
i second the first post. thank you so much for this. i like your description, too. this is very useful!
Test Subject
#4 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 3:24 AM
Scholar
#5 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:34 AM
When I disable the carpool, will my sims drive autonomously with their own cars to work?
Eminence Grise
#6 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:35 AM
Very nice, Buzzler I'm currently playing a fireman who owns a tiny vacant lot directly adjacent to the firehouse, and spends all his time at the firehouse... and yet... the carpool STILL comes for him twice a day... and it's driving me MAD!

So this was just in time to save my sanity
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:40 AM
YEEEEEESSSSSSSS OMG THANK U!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this! i would of made it my self but i wouldnt kno how to start. THANK U DUDE U ROCK!!!!!!!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 7:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
When I disable the carpool, will my sims drive autonomously with their own cars to work?
Yes, there's a "backup" work alarm, that fires indepently from the carpool alarm and the sims will use their "personal transportation device" from there. The go to school interaction will pop up in children's and teenagers' queues an hour before school starts. For adults it's later, about half an hour before work starts, probably because the EAxian math is rather crude in that area. On the other hand, EAxian math always looks crude to me.

I thought about automatically pushing the adult sims to work earlier, but I actually like that they go to work later. I can still implement it if you guys want it, though.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Instructor
#9 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 9:45 AM
Ohhhhh!

Quote:
I'm currently playing a fireman who owns a tiny vacant lot directly adjacent to the firehouse, and spends all his time at the firehouse... and yet... the carpool STILL comes for him twice a day... and it's driving me MAD!

'nuff said! :D

IT. MAKES. ME. MAD.

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 12:45 PM
thank you so much, that stupid carpool and bus has annoyed me ever since the game came out. this is really awesome. again thanks.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:29 PM
Your overview made me laugh quite a few times. It's great! So is the mod. I get so fed up with the carpools and school buses because most of the time I have my sims wait till last-minute then teleport to school/work and if they drive their own cars they get there so much faster than the incredibly slow carpool. Though in the real world my sims would have speeding tickets filling up the backseat. The carpool just doesn't give them enough time in the morning. They can't even eat breakfast in peace!
Thanks so much for this mod. It is wonderful!

I have moved again this time to a private domain here are the links:
Sims 4: https://monochaos.blog/
Sims 2: https://sims2.monochaos.blog/
Space Pony
#12 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:42 PM
I Love You.♥
Forum Resident
#13 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 1:43 PM
"If someone dared to park on the street in front of a house honking for an hour where I live, we would pull them out of their car, give 'em a good whack with a shovel and then drive out to the desert mafia-style."

- This made me ROFL!

+ thank you so much for this!
Test Subject
#14 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 2:23 PM
Thank you!
Does this remove non-active households carpool as well?
I think I saw a mod a while ago that disabled it but disabled it for the rest of the town too so no one else went to school or work.
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 3:21 PM
@blynn123: This mod disables/enables the carpool on a sim-by-sim basis. If you disable a sim's carpool and then change the active household, the carpool will stay disabled and attempts of the game's career system to re-establish it will be choked.

The specific carpool that gets disabled gets only used for the work carpool, however. This specific carpool only appears for sims belonging to the active household; NPCs don't use it. In general, sims will always use their ownable car to go somewhere or, if they don't have one, a car from the NPC car pool (the cab in case of active sims) or a career car (the pink limo in case of the rockstar for example). This behavior is the same for active sims and NPCs and is not being altered by this mod. The basic effect of disabling the career carpool with this mod is that the outlined general behavior applies to "work transit", too. On a sim-by-sim basis.

Lab Assistant
#16 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:40 PM
Thanks. I've never understood the point of the annoying people honking their horns outside my house at 5 or 6 am. I'd go out and whack anyone in the head if they did that outside my real house.
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 4:41 PM
Why isn't this featured? :D
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VTR3000
Why isn't this featured? :D
Oh, come on, this tiny little mod isn't really a paragon of talent, and if it were a proper benchmark of my coding skills, I would have to cry myself to sleep every night.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 5:40 PM
Yes please and THANK YOU very much <3 I also hate the carpool jerks. It's especially funny when, let's say, I've got someone in town half an hour before work starts, and they can easily walk to work. I make them do so, and yet that DARN carpool is STILL at the house, honking! I'm like, "really? She's already AT work!"
Silly EAxis. <3

Believe in the GaGa Law:
(RAH)² (AH)³ + RO (MA + MAMA) + (GA)² + OOH(LA)² = Bad Romance
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 8:20 PM
You Are A God!
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 11:34 PM
thank you! best mod in a long time!
Test Subject
#22 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 3:12 AM
Excellent work. Have wanted a properly working mod like this since the game came out. Just have a small question. Why the mailbox? Maybe it's just me but to me a command like this seems more at home somewhere more like your telephone.
Original Poster
#23 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 5:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vince0018
Just have a small question. Why the mailbox? Maybe it's just me but to me a command like this seems more at home somewhere more like your telephone.
The mailbox has a couple of advantages over the phone, though. 1. Every household has one and unlike the cell phone the mailbox will never get purged/re-instantiated and there's hardly ever a reason to reset it. So there's no reason to check if the menu is still there. 2. While the phone might be more on topic, I still think that the mailbox is more convenient, i.e. needs less clicks. 3. I like the mailbox. It's shiny! And it has a flag that goes up and down! 4. Honestly, scrap the other points, I just haven't given this much thought. For me, this mod isn't really supposed to be integrated in the gameplay. Therefore I picked the first prominent object that came into mind.

If you guys like that better than the immediate interactions, I can, however, make a real interaction with the sim making a little phone call to order/cancel the carpool. Something like that would actually integrate itself in the regular gameplay.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 12:26 PM
wow, this is awesome! Any chance of this becoming avalible to us TS2 playewrs?
You know, io might have to get TS3 after all.

<Just a broken heart that the world forgot. </3>
Test Subject
#25 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:13 PM
This. is. awesome.

and even though you say "this tiny little mod isn't really a paragon of talent", this is the kind of practical mod that is sooooo needed because, seriously, that car pool thing is deeply annoying.

So, THANK YOU! :-D
Page 1 of 10