Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CAS Clutter Begone: Hiders for Duplicate Hat Hairs (Plus Extras) (UPDATED 29/05 - Gen & Pets Hiders Added)

by Nysha Posted 16th Jun 2010 at 9:11 PM - Updated 27th Mar 2013 at 7:17 PM by whiterider

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Zombie Socks
#2 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:25 PM
Wow! Amazing! Thank you so much!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Scholar
#4 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:57 PM
Very useful, thanks!
Banned
#5 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 10:13 PM
This is a great idea! I didn't know hiders were possible in TS3, do you mind sharing how you did it?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 10:17 PM
For these it's very simple - just a default replacement CASP resource for each, with two designs deleted. For full hiders (i.e. the wellies), again, just a default replacement CASP with the appropriate category/gender/whatever boxes removed - although that's not strictly a hider, as it renders the item unusable rather than invisible.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 10:25 PM
THANK YOU, what a simple but fantastic idea!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 10:48 PM
Thank you so much. CAS really needed a good clean up.

Life is moving too fast, I don't have the energy to keep up.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:03 PM
Thank you! Its been taking CAS forever to load with all of the premade recolors.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:21 PM
Thank you so much! Please make more of these hiders. They made the game run like butter for Sims 2.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:23 PM
On a scale of 1 to 5, I rate this as a 10! I can't begin to tell you how much all those useless duplicates bugged me!

Big big thanks :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:14 AM
This is wonderful!!! Does this just work for hairs or can it work for the accessories page as well so we don't have to scroll through rows of glasses and stockings/socks.
Scholar
#13 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:28 AM
Thank you so much for this new treasure.Hm....After a year Sims 3 is really bringing the brains of our beloved mad scientists to the boil !
Eminence Grise
#14 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 1:34 AM
Loooooovely Whiterider Thanks!
Field Researcher
#15 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 3:01 AM
I love this i wish there could be hiders for sims in cas i mean you can select to have only custom sims show but i hate having to keep doing it because i never use the ea created sims anyway but this is great i was surprised at the ridiculous amount of hats that came with ambitions this will really help
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:03 AM
I like this. I'd love it if it would hide all the hat hairs and female ea hairs. I agree with an accessories one too. I hate eye glasses almost as much as I hate ea hair. I wish they would have given us the option to hide whatever we wanted instead of just houses.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:30 AM
Great idea, very useful and a fantastic job. Thank you very much.
Theorist
#18 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 10:05 AM
I could not beleive the sloppiness when I first booted up TS3: once again they failed to hide the duplicate hairs, a throwback to the shambolic TS2 days of 0 playtesting.
Thank you for restoring common sense.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:17 AM
Thank you so much! So very useful. I could not believe the amount of cluttery hair in hat section.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Test Subject
#20 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:36 AM
Wow, I have been waiting for these! Thank you so much! :3
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:50 AM
Thanks for the great hiders. I had a go myself and it was an utter failure ;_;

Would you mind writing up a quick process of what needs to be done in CTU?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#22 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 12:21 PM
To those people asking about hiders for accessories: Unfortunately, it's not possible to have this type of hider for accessories. Hairs are laid out one box per design, whereas accessories (and clothes) always get one row per item - this is why clothes and accessories scroll horizontally while hairs never do. You could hide all but one design for accessories, but then you'd just end up with one design per row, aka the exact same amount of scrolling. If you wanted to completely hide an item from CAS altogether, you could do that too - but then it couldn't be used randomly or by townies either. I won't be making anything like that, because I like my townies to have as much variety as possible, and I can never motivate myself to mod something I wouldn't use in my own game.

I don't know how the sim bin works, unfortunately... it might be possible to hide EA sims, but 'I've really no idea how.

Oddysee, I have a tutorial on making default replacements here: Tutorial:Creating Default Replacements with CTUwiki. Once you've made the default replacement file, just delete designs, change categories and so on in CTU like you normally would.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:46 PM
Thank You! I never use the hats and can not understand why EA put so many in, I would have like to see more long hair styles rather than a bunch of useless hats!
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I don't know how the sim bin works, unfortunately... it might be possible to hide EA sims, but 'I've really no idea how.

I think awesome mod does this so only the sims you've created or downloaded show up in the bin.

Also, thanks so much. Loading time will be much quicker now.

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Test Subject
#25 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 11:27 PM
Thank you so much ! Do you think you could do one for clothes?
Page 1 of 4