Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 4:30 PM
Hey don't leave!Don'y misunderstand me, i've used your brushes, not all was big but i'm a dummie i dont know how to small them..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnitaSims
Hey don't leave!Don'y misunderstand me, i've used your brushes, not all was big but i'm a dummie i dont know how to small them..

You're using gimp right? I'll upload a picture for reference :]

I love the dress by the way!

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 3:15 AM
@AnnitaSims: Just in reply to you from your response to my post. I have no idea how you have been using photoshop 6 for so long or for even one day without ever being able to change the brush size, it almost seems an impossibility, however, the [ key decreases the size, and the ] key increases it. Also, you can increase and decrease the brush size in the brush palette. Cheers.

Disfruta de la vida mientras pueda. Mañana puede tener que lavar la ropa!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 8:30 AM
Who told you i had too?Photoshop it's own has many brushes in many sizes and they help me enough so yes, i've been using it since september and i am very good at it now.I don't need to rezize brushes as there is a big variety.If you think that is a loss of time to inform an ''impossible'' person like me, thanks to god creator feedback has many other threads for you to help.

Thank you very much nintendolover but as you can see i'm using photoshop and i'm satisfied with the way i do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 10:04 AM
And i'm informing you that the [ or ] key does nothing with your brushes, only photoshop's original brushes will increase or decrease that way! :P
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:31 PM
And i'm informing you that the [ or ] key does nothing with your brushes, only photoshop's original brushes will increase or decrease that way! :P

Um...wow, I did not say you were an impossible person. I said it's seemed an impossibility to use photoshop without being able to resize brushes. I've been using photoshop in many versions for over 7 years and was trying to help you with making the stars for your dresses. Somehow I regret having even attempted to do so considering your reply.

I will not bother you again in this thread or any other thread. Good luck with your current and future projects.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 5:38 PM
Ok that's right, you've been using photoshop for many wears and i saw it for first time 1 year before.It's logical to know fewer things but i'm not bothered your help is precious for me and i kinda like your brushes.So i'll try to resize them and when i'll finish the dress i'll post it there.I hope you'll see it too.(:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Jun 2010 at 11:27 PM
Tommorow stardress will be ready!(or tommorow of tommorow)I just need some time to make it even more perfect!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:03 PM
Remember Stardress?it's high time it got updated..i was thinking that it's not right to abandon my good projects so i put it in my long list again.:-D
Ok i have problem with the strass in the top of the dress.They have to be more clear?That is torturing me and
though i've tried everything i don't know what to do.I used the star brushes but i don't know if mods consider this a ''good texture''.Any help...?

Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#35 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:35 PM
It's looking better, but, you're right, the texture on the top seems blurry. Another thing, those corset laces need more definition. Try defining their edges, to make them look more 3D.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:43 PM
What are...the laces?Do you mean the strings in the back top of the dress?i've never though about them..What if i bamp mapped them?
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#37 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 8:59 PM
Yes, I meant those strings on the back of the dress. I think bump mapping would help. But their texture lacks some definition itself, they look very flat. Also, you could add little holes to make it look more realistic, like this. I know it's a minor thing, but it would add a lot to the overall quality of the dress.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:02 PM
No, it's not minor at all, a dress has to be as much as perfect to be a real good piece in all the dresses that exist!!!Thank you!The link doesn't work...:-(
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
#39 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:08 PM
I'm glad you think that way And the link works fine for me...hm. Here's another one then. It looks really nice, it has little hooks instead of holes, something like that would look lovely on your dress.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 9:11 PM
Oh my, that's...difficult..Of course i can alpha edit it but i have to find a very good image like that..
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:02 PM
You could also try beveling/embossing the straps like I did in the attached photo.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 10:12 PM Last edited by AnnitaSims : 10th Jul 2010 at 10:33 PM.
Wow how did you do it?I have no idea on how i can do this...:-S
Well, my basic problem is the strass that are blurry but and i need to replace them with a such texture that will be giving shine..
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 12:07 AM
Wow how did you do it?I have no idea on how i can do this...:-S
Well, my basic problem is the strass that are blurry but and i need to replace them with a such texture that will be giving shine..

Make your straps in photoshop on a transparent background

Right click on the strap layer and choose the Blend Options

Check the Bevel and Emboss section and set your settings as shown in the photo

You can also add the holes for the straps to go through using your round paint brush on a separate layer. I used white, then click on the eraser tool and use a round brush, reduce the size to be smaller than your white circles and erase the center. Bevel and emboss this layer also. This is the result I got.

EDIT: The straps hole layer should be below the straps layer for the effect of the straps going into the holes.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 12:31 PM
It helps but i can't understand am i going to copy the laces from the dress and then paste in the trasparent background?Or am i going to make them myself in the background and then paste to the dress?
Instructor
#45 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 2:16 PM
I think what he is suggesting is:

make a new transparent layer in your project. either cut/paste the original straps into this layer or draw new ones using the pencil or the paintbrush. (at this point, I would make the other layers invisible so they don't get in your way.)

once you have the straps, follow JMC's directions on how to emboss them.

when you are all done, make your other layers visible again. make sure you select the layer for the straps, then use the move tool and line the straps up with where they should be on the full dress.

then make another new transparent layer and follow JMC's suggestions on how to make the holes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 3:14 PM
Oh the laces are not shown in my texture bmp they are overcolored only in the alpha they are shown..
Instructor
#47 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:18 PM
? if you recolored them in the bmp, that is where you edit them.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 4:23 PM
never mind ok i will re-extract the previous texture and ''steal'' the laces.Then i will make all these.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links
Page 2 of 2