Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:07 PM
Help me with my beloved ''Star Dress"!!!
Yeap, this is the "Star Dress", a dress that took me a lot of time and turned to be the best work i've managed to do with a low mood!
While i've worked hard on it i'm afraid that it looks blurry in the strass webs and i dont want to be get rejected..
Pliz, tell me people what do u think about it because my eyes will never see something wrong in my own creations!
Here's the dress:

Always thank u.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:14 PM
ooh this looks good. The texture is a bit blurry though. The webs are blurry on the bottom of the skirt and the border on the top especially around the armpits. I would also work on the seam on the left side of the dress and top right side of the dress. The sparkles don't match up fully on both accounts.

It's really pretty and I would definitely download it if I still played TS2

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:36 PM
Oooh thank u!!!!I've tried everything for this blurriness, i got pictures with strass to paste them, and i sharpened it too much but nothing..the strass it's own is a texture that seems blurry because of the little many strass pixels and that seems unavoidable for me..
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:38 PM
By the way, it seems all your pics look quite blurry, are you graphics the best they can be because that might make a little difference
Scholar
#5 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:42 PM
try putting more sparkles in each area. smaller and denser sparkles in all the areas pointed out. That may work...

Sirius Black: Escaped Azkaban, Outran Dementors, Outwitted Ministry, Killed by Drapery
Where I've been hiding...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jun 2010 at 11:43 PM
Yes i have put them on the maximum.However my pc is very old...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 2:06 AM Last edited by JavierMC20 : 15th Jun 2010 at 10:51 PM.
I agree that the stars and star fields are very blurry. I would get a set of star brushes, you can find a set for free by googling for them. Remove the current star fields and random stars and brush them on yourself. Do the stars on a separate layer so you can sharpen and make them just a bit opaque. I think you will be very happy with the results and it would solve the blurriness issue.

I've attached a pic of just a quick swatch of what I was able to do with the set of brushes I have. Of course yours would look much better I did that pic in 3 minutes just as an example.

EDIT: I meant to say a bit less opaque
Screenshots

Disfruta de la vida mientras pueda. Mañana puede tener que lavar la ropa!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2010 at 9:01 AM
Wow thank you, that would really work for me!I'll look for the brushes but i'm afraid that the star brushes are only in the photoshop 7 and i have 6..
Banned
#9 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:06 PM
I agree with everybody before. And I would work on the sides of the dress. The strass lines on the right doesn't match with the lines on the left. But I think it's a great idea and the dress would look very nice!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:50 PM
Thank you @Peppermint, yes i've seen that fault too, but at the moment i'm trying to improve the strass..
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 9:59 PM
Thak u, but what do you mean ''hemlines''?(sorry i'm from Greece)Bump mapping?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:09 PM
It's ok, yeap i can understand now, indeed that part of the dress does not seam so realisticit needs fixing..
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#13 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:29 PM
About the brushes: if you google 'star brushes for photoshop 6' you should be able to find some. I'd post a link, but I'm not on a computer and don't know hoa to.
About the bump mapping: While it's true that it will enhance details, if someone's computer isn't capable of “seeing” them- they won't matter. So don't rely on bump maps alone for details/a 3-d effect.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:50 PM
Thank you very much, yes i've searched for some star brushes but i found some loosy ones all the good was for the 7.0 version...
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:59 PM Last edited by JavierMC20 : 15th Jun 2010 at 11:35 PM.
Annita,

Try these brushes and see if they will work in 6.0, I think they should. Let me know if they work, k?

NOTE: These brushes were free and are available for download on the net. Just can't remember where I got them from, but I never pay for brushes.

EDIT: Removed brushes since they didn't work for you.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 11:26 PM Last edited by AnnitaSims : 18th Jun 2010 at 11:24 PM.
Thank you very much @Javier,however nope,they dont work and i've searched everywhere...Photshop has some starbrushes on it's own but i don't know if they're suitable..

EDIT:What a pity i've saved them!
-->I wonder how good can you be at times.. :-P
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnitaSims
Thank you very much @Javier,however nope,they dont work and i've searched everywhere...Photshop has some starbrushes on it's own but i don't know if they're suitable..

O.K. I made 9 brushes for you that you can make on your own. Open and save the attached photo. Open the image in photoshop. Use your rectangular marquee selection tool and draw a selection around one of the stars. Go to the menu bar in photoshop, edit > define brush preset, a box will pop open, you can give the brush a new name, press the ok button, and you now have that star as a brush. Do the same on each of the other 8 stars and you will have a set of 9 star brushes you can use.

Hope this helps!
Screenshots

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:31 AM
Oh THANK U!!!You're really cool, indeed that is a good solution!How didn't i think it ?I will thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:43 AM
That way i can make many other brushes too!!!
Banned
#20 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:47 PM
Maybe I can make a strass texture for you if you need?...
I made one for an unreleased Madonna project and I still have it somewhere on my pc.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:56 PM
Yes please because the star brushes are far too enormous for these little areas in the dress...:-S
Banned
#22 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 2:57 PM
Please wait a few minutes, I will search it...
My bodyshop is still loading and it take usually a moment...
Banned
#23 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:33 PM
Here I am! I found a picture I used for a dress with a nice strass line. The other one is the texture I used for some shoes for a Madonna Outfit. It is not very big but the elements on the picture are active and you can copy them out with pulling them into your texture.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 3:45 PM
THANK U PEPPERMINT!!!!!(I always do like this :-S)It will work i'm sure yes!!!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnitaSims
Yes please because the star brushes are far too enormous for these little areas in the dress...:-S

You can change the brush sizes down as far as just one pixel...how can they be too big for what you want to do? But oh well, I tried...

Good luck.

Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links
Page 1 of 2