Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:28 AM
Did you try another DXT setting when building the texture? I had a problem with pixelation once but it was fine when I changed the format to DXT3.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 1:44 AM
DXT3 is what I always use..along with with build, not import. This is the first time I've ever used an alpha for anything though and I'm wondering if I even did it right? I imported the alpha channel after I did the texture. I'm not 100% sure that's the way it's supposed to be done.
Alchemist
#28 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 12:11 PM
Im going to get on the bandwagon and second the chandelier idea for later lol!!!

And I am also loving this set so far looking good

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 4:15 AM
Thanks, but my hard drive is dead. Guess I'm too much of a slave driver. I hope to re-create everything when I can so can this thread stay? [that was for the mods!]
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 7:36 PM
I found something that could be useful if you wanted to make your building look damaged.. The Demolition set.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=350615
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 15th Jun 2010 at 10:13 PM
Guatla's walls helped me figure out mine. I'm trying to NOT do anything Guatla has already done, which is one reason my window boards were shown on the windows they were. I'm also trying to not do anything Pixelhatehas done- alone or as part of Purity Project. I'm hoping it will all work together.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 7:58 AM
Oh no! That sounds like seriously bad news, Mlc.

Hope you get it fixed and that you haven't lost too much in the crash.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
#33 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 5:12 PM
Thats sad news, but now you can make them better! Do you have an backups?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 7:14 PM
No. Believe it or not, I thought about backing everything up hours before this happened. It was late, I decided to do it in the morning... well, I learned a lesson! You're right though- now I can make the new stuffs even better. It's a good thing I can snag the first part for the wood textures.
Moune- it looks like I won't be able to save anything. I'm waiting for a delivery so I can install a new hard drive. Fun, fun. I'll be sure to do regular backups from that point on.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 8:03 PM
Oh dang. Mlc, you have all my sympathy.

I did a similar thing a few years back. Had never done a backup of my one year old laptop. Thought I'd do it when I came back from holiday. Brought it with me and BANG! on the plane the hard drive crashed on me. Half of it could be saved in a recovery. The other half was gone. Oh, how I cursed myself.

Moune's Neighbourhood
If you need a cool place for your sims to chill out.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful links
Page 2 of 2