Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 3:11 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 4:10 PM.
*TESTERS NEEDED*The Ultimate Challenge of Monopolization. (or The Monopoly Challenge)
I wanted to put something more original.

Yeah, so anyway, I was lying in bed trying to get some sleep last night, and I thought "I wanna play monopoly." (Wierd thoughts like that often pass my mind when I'm tired.) then I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if one sim owned everything in a neighborhood" and then I thought of it.

The Challenge of Ultimate Monopolization!

You have one sim in a completely empty 5x5 lot, he/she is alone in a completely empty neighborhood. Yes, empty. Nothing in it at all except her/him and the empty lot.

What they now must do, is get a job and start the money rolling in, for they are the soon to be ultimate rulers of this neighborhood...

~~

Things are going crazy in (my hometown). The economy is like a cut live wire, and the population is rising and rising. Unemployment rates are going up and up, and so is homeless rates. There is no room in this town anymore, especially not for me. I can do better than this.

I will leave this town, and create my own.

~~

There's your introductory thingy, now for the objectives.

- You must have your founder/foundress own every community lot in the town, and there must be at least five of them, including a grocery store, a clothing store, at least one recreational lot, and any others of your choice. These community lots must be at least level two, and have at least three employees.
- The 5x5 lot must become a three storey house with at least three rooms on each level. The family funds must stay above 30,000 once that mark is reached. If you go below for any reason, you must sell something in your household to get back up to that point.
- The founder/foundress must have at least three love intrests at one time, and must be married to one. You may go along like a legacy, but keeping your founder/foundress alive the whole time, whether as an elder or an adult.
- The legacy/founder or foundress must have at least fifty children in total (It would be over the course of the legacy). The children then graduate college, and proceed to populating the town. They may marry townies and have children if you can be bothered to play them after they graduate college, but they must have a job.
- The founder/foundress must reach the top of at least three career tracks, and buy the career rewards. He/she must also buy at least three aspiration rewards.

Once all of the criteria is fulfilled, the challenge is completed.

Is that too much? It is quite a hard challenge, I kinda smashed together a legacy, an apocalypse and an Adam and Eve challenge together and added my own little bits. It can even have a baby challenge thrown in there if you decide not to do the legacy bit.

I need testers, because I can't be bothered testing it myself, and I already have my legacy and my apocalypse.

This is pretty much a random idea I came up with, so suggestions/feedback/testers appreciated.

If you have any questions, I'm willing to answer them.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 6:04 PM
I am trying my hands at this challenge...seems interesting. Few doubts though...Any cheats allowed? Atleast the motherlode cheat a few times in the beginning? Are you allowed to link to any existing neighbourhood that comes with expansion packages like Open for Business?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 3:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simranxyz
I am trying my hands at this challenge...seems interesting. Few doubts though...Any cheats allowed? Atleast the motherlode cheat a few times in the beginning? Are you allowed to link to any existing neighbourhood that comes with expansion packages like Open for Business?

No Motherlode. The point is to get a job and raise the money until you have enough to open up the first business, then that will help with more money. It's especially helpful if you marry the founder/foundress so that the spouse can help raise money, too.

You may link to OFB/Nightlife neigborhoods, but those community lots do not count, and you cannot buy them as part of the challenge.

Hope I've answered your questions.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!
Test Subject
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2010 at 10:29 AM
I'd already done something like this, but it was more of a personal challenge to stretch things out. I've been working on this one sim for God knows how many months, only playing another sim once for a short while. Eventually he became a millionaire from some of his businesses, so I thought, "hey, he's filthy rich, why not just make him own the place?"

So now I've got more than a dozen lots, most of which I still need to build, which I'll get him to buy and run. There's everything I can think of from a clothing store to a bowling centre and an art gallery. I'm planning to get them all to rank 10.

He's got an unhealthy interest in PlantSimism. You've been warned.

You know you've been playing TS2 since 2004 when you know some of the townies better than some people in real life...
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 1:00 PM
I'll try it. Maybe I'll post some pics later
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 6:59 PM
Um, I remember playing a custom hood called Monopoly, looked just like the game board! Don't remember if it had townies, don't think it was populated. Would just the fact that it had lots already made disqualify it?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 9:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Um, I remember playing a custom hood called Monopoly, looked just like the game board! Don't remember if it had townies, don't think it was populated. Would just the fact that it had lots already made disqualify it?

Looks like you're talking about this - Monopoly Game Town Neighbourhood by d_dgjdhh. Pretty cool! It'd be fun to delete all the regular lots and slowly populate the neighbourhood over the course of this challenge.
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Aug 2019 at 10:37 PM
almost all my families end up like this! I generally make this blonde bombshell seductress, she has like 10 romances, 5 children, max skills and a huge pink mansion lolll
what i don't do though, is buying community lots, which now i think i'll give it a try