Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Set of New Rabbit Holes to customize community or residential lots in a town

by MelissaMel Posted 1st Nov 2009 at 8:59 PM - Updated 6th Nov 2009 at 9:32 PM by MelissaMel

89 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 79 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 9:16 PM
wow this is brilliant, just what the game needed!! Thanks so much!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:08 PM
A very great idea, although some more neutral objects might fit better with you idea of making it suitable with any kind of enviroment.

Maybe making the rabbit holes completely invisible? that way it always works. you just need to remember where you put them when you intend to move or remove them.

I personly like the idea of making the building yourself and have a special door/elevator or such that could function as the rabbit hole.

For example, for the business career it could be an elevator which your sims step into. You could make the ground floor of the building and just the exteriour of the other floors.

Same could be done with the hospital career.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:11 PM
This is amazing. Thank you so much for all your hard work with this. Now I can play a medieval neighbourhood again!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:18 PM
I agree with Inhuman One, the objects should be either invisible, or something that fits in anywhere.

But great job anyway, Someone needed to do this.
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:38 PM
Great job! Great idea! Thank you!

Start each day with a smile
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:55 PM
Thanks to all for your comments and feedback! I value your comments very much! Have fun in decorating or re-building your town! Happy simming!

Download more of my creations here: Sims 3 New Objects and Fashion
#8 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:04 PM
These are great! You did a fantastic job! Now we can finally build our own workplaces and restaurants. Thank you!
Theorist
#9 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 11:54 PM
Ive tried these before, and while it is a step forward, i think we need some sort of multiple block with exit / entrance doors as we cant see where the collision points are with the current system.

Alternatively, modified rabbithole building meshes.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 12:40 AM
wait what...what is this lol
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 1:34 AM
This is great! I can finally have a custom village with these. First off - re-doing the military base.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 1:39 AM
Can't find community objects!
Thank you for these great rabbit holes. Now I can really build my town the way I want.

The only problem is I can't find community objects in build mode
I found the residential signs in Deco - misc with no problem. So where are community objects in build mode???

Thank you for your time.

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:30 AM
So, can you create your own restuarant and actually have it work AS A RESTAURANT WITHOUT HAVING THE ORIGINAL RESTAURANT/S ON THE LOT????????
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 7:10 AM
How cool is that! Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 8:23 AM
Really great, but I too think that the objects should be more natural + come with at least a tile where the entrances are. I made a lot with at least half of the signs on it and I had a very hard time making them all usable - I checked and double checked that none of the entrances were colliding with anything and the sims still would'nt use them. Turned out that while they could get to the entrances, they teleported to a different spot to stand invisibly while inside... It works now, but I'm really hesitant to add more decorations thought it looks kinda barren... Still, it's a *lot* better than the originals
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Momoh
So, can you create your own restuarant and actually have it work AS A RESTAURANT WITHOUT HAVING THE ORIGINAL RESTAURANT/S ON THE LOT????????

This is just a much smaller version of the original restaurant. Your sims will still disappear when they visit the restaurant, but at least you can make a "dummy" building that looks like it fits with the rest of your town.

I agree with everyone else, though. These objects are a start, and I'll be using them, but what I'm really hoping for are rabbitholes that look like build-mode objects (like doors, elevators, stairs, etc). The ones that look like signs are the closest to what I want because they look like real things.
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 9:21 AM
omg gosh innovation
custom town here I come!
and your on your way to be featured, at least picked b/c this is so awesome!
thank -you so much
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 2:18 PM
I've tried these before, and they are maddening to work with. Trying to set them up so a Sim enters the building and disappears correctly is frustrating- you have to keep going in and out of buiold mode, 'grab' a Sim and test. I think a door mesh, with the conflict areas defined, would work much better.

ETA: Don't try these on a building with a foudation or basement- Sims keep trying to go in via the basement, even if the object is on the first floor.

Ugly is Learned
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 2:19 PM
I am not sure what I am happier about at the moment -- that you made these or that you posted them here. My only problem now is finding the time to build all the lots I wanted to build and couldn't with the in game rabbit holes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:07 PM
Thanks to all for your comments, feedback and suggestions! I welcome every comment what makes sense!
Have fun building and testing!
Happy simming!

Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 3:55 PM Last edited by crazzyferret : 2nd Nov 2009 at 6:23 PM.
this sounds really neat, but I'm a little confused. so lets see if i got you right.

1..so you can make any type of building from scratch on a community lot then,

2..put one of these sign's on it, it's just a sign.. or is it a sign with a small building?

3..it turns into a rabbit hole of whatever the sign is... school, restaurant, park, ect..ect

4.. you can then use these instead of the game rabbit holes...or along with the game rabbit holes if you wish.

is that correct?

can these replace all of them, or are a few of them still missing.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 4:40 PM
Default Help Please!
Quote: Originally posted by MelissaMel
Thanks to all for your comments, feedback and suggestions! I welcome every comment what makes sense!
Have fun building and testing!
Happy simming!

I can't find them in build mode - community objects!!!!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2009 at 8:34 PM
Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate it!
Winterhart, community signs are in catalog with all default rabbits holes Go edit town, then go edit a community lot, go build mode, community objects (pictures looks like business building). I hope it helps!
crazzyferret, yes, you can make your own custom building from scratch; it's not necessary to put my sign exactly at the building, you can put it on any place likable for you (the main sims can enter or exit there). It's a sign without any building attached there This sign is rabbit hole itself and doesn't turn another building into rabbit hole. You can place it out of the lot even and on those place will be an icon of a certain rabbit hole. You can buldoze default school building for example and put only sign instead. You can use those sign with the game rabbit holes. Whatever it works as rabbit hole.
Have fun testing!

Forum Resident
#24 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MelissaMel
Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate it!
Winterhart, community signs are in catalog with all default rabbits holes Go edit town, then go edit a community lot, go build mode, community objects (pictures looks like business building). I hope it helps!

Thanks so much! :lovestruc

Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 2:22 AM
wow thats totally cool and very much needed ,thanks
Page 1 of 4