Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Small Editors: VPXY, BoneDelta, FacialBlend, BlendUnit, CASSliderTemplate, GEOM/MTNF - New May 2010: RSLT Editor

by Tashiketh Posted 9th Nov 2009 at 9:19 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:07 PM by Nysha

62 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 9:31 PM
Beautiful! These will be very helpful - much more friendly than a hex editor.
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 8:32 PM
Thanks very much for these! I had spent hours pouring over the fullbuild packages trying to find out what bones matched what instance, and now these programs make it so easy that I feel I'm cheating in life somehow.
Theorist
#4 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 7:09 AM
Thanks for releasing these, they are wonderful utilities! Truly amazing! I'm a complete n00b so it took me longer than I'd like to admit to figure out the Blend Unit Editor and Facial Blend Editor expects different file suffixes than S3PE exports them in.

Unfortunately, none of these work in Windows 7 x64 except for the Blend Unit Editor. Compatibility Mode doesn't work either. I was lucky enough to have a Windows XP 32-bit VM to run them on. In case you're interested in the Windows 7 errors - Bone Delta Editor, Facial Blend Editor, and VPXY Editor all crash with this error on launch:

Quote:
Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: bonedeltaeditor.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4a93bb76
Problem Signature 04: BoneDeltaEditor
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a93bb76
Problem Signature 07: 1
Problem Signature 08: 13
Problem Signature 09: System.BadImageFormatException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

It's not caused by a missing .NET Framework 2.0 because trying to install .NET Framework 2.0 separately results in a message saying it's built into the OS. CAS Slider Template will launch, but can't save a file because it causes this error:

Quote:
************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'MadScience.Wrappers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: 'MadScience.Wrappers, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
at CASSliderTemplate.Form1.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Maybe they can be recompiled in VS.NET 2008 with .NET Framework 3.5 in order to work with Windows 7? I didn't see the source for them on your Google Code page or else I might have given it a try.

Resident wet blanket.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Oct 2009 at 10:21 AM
BadImageFormat just means that the MadScience.Wrappers was compiled as a Target:Any build so Windows 7 thinks it's a 64 bit DLL, when in fact it's 32 bit.

I need to upload the latest versions anyway since I've changed and added some things - I already fixed the build target here so that should fix that problem.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Theorist
#6 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 3:01 AM
Thanks, I'm looking forward to the fixed versions!

One thing I hadn't realized till now when I tried to share my Sims (which also shows how ignorant I am about the inner-workings of the game) is that every custom slider used on a Sim must also be installed on the other person's machine, otherwise the changes enacted by it won't show up. Interestingly, the data appears to remain with the Sim so that simply adding the custom slider causes the changes to return. Out of curiosity, if the slider isn't present, will the game ever realize it doesn't need that data and throw it out (i.e. when changing active household or after so many saves)?

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 9:22 AM
I'm also looking forward to the update on these. Since I've been running the Windows 7 RC1 x64 for about 3 months now, using these wasn't an option--despite my desire to start playing around with making custom sliders. Also the VPXY may well turn out to be god-send for me since I've been playing around with making custom meshes and editing the VPXY is a pain in hex.

Also, thanks a million, Delphy, for not making me beg for Win7 support; some software companies have sent me through loops while trying to get Win7 support--including yesterday, despite Win7 being officially released.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#8 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 4:26 PM
Rez: I installed Win 7 64bit myself on the 22nd Oct, but I've been totally swamped with real life stuff so I haven't had a chance to update all these. It'll be Real Soon Now (tm)

Instructor
#9 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 11:15 PM
Forgive me for sounding stupid, but I want to understand. Using these tools will allow me to make sliders sort of like the breast mod. If that is the case are there any tutorials for an absolute n00b at this sort of thing.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 11:19 PM
Huh???? Huh??? Huh???? You are so smart it makes me laugh. I don't have a clue what this is, but if you made it, I know great things will be produced from/by/with it!! Thanks for taking care of we the clueless!!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 11:22 PM
Thread has been updated with the latest versions, and moved to downloads.

jaccinati: There are no tutorials at this time, but it's actually fairly easy to do.

Just use the CAS Slider Template to make the template package file.
Then open up said package file, and extract the BoneDelta (or set your S3PE up via Helpers.txt to auto open the BoneDelta tool for those types)
Using the BoneDelta editor, pick the Bone and adjust the scale, offset and so on.

Just remember to do it for both Left and Right, and that it's English only.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 12:05 AM
Brilliant, thank you for these, they look very useful - and of course, I'm already familiar with the SimGeom Editor, which I wouldn't be without!
Instructor
#13 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
Thread has been updated with the latest versions, and moved to downloads.

jaccinati: There are no tutorials at this time, but it's actually fairly easy to do.

Just use the CAS Slider Template to make the template package file.
Then open up said package file, and extract the BoneDelta (or set your S3PE up via Helpers.txt to auto open the BoneDelta tool for those types)
Using the BoneDelta editor, pick the Bone and adjust the scale, offset and so on.

Just remember to do it for both Left and Right, and that it's English only.
Can this be done for the body, I'd like to try my hand and making a curvier shaped body but one that will use sliders to emphasize or de-emphasize parts. I will try to crack the S3PE open and see what I can do.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 12:35 AM
Thanks Delphy! Now I just have to finish reinstalling all my stuff after doing a clean install since upgrading from the RC7100 to x64 Pro.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 12:49 AM
Well done. You never cease to please modders.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 1:38 AM
Cool mod, however, I have a Mac so I can't use it. So, if anyone is willing, could you please create a mod that keeps the female breasts the same shape/size when I change the body thinness/fatness and muscular tone? Because the breasts became ugly when I make my female sim very muscular, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 1:47 AM
Thank you, VPXY tool might be interesting to me I hope this tool can help in meshing.

Download more of my creations here: Sims 3 New Objects and Fashion
Test Subject
#18 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 3:09 AM
wow,
i have no idea what any of this means.
but i'm sure it will help a lot of people!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jacciinatl
Can this be done for the body, I'd like to try my hand and making a curvier shaped body but one that will use sliders to emphasize or de-emphasize parts. I will try to crack the S3PE open and see what I can do.

Yes, it can - you just have to pick the right bone. Best advice here is to experiment.

Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#20 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 2:48 PM
Well, these are certainly going to create some very interesting slider mods. Maybe we can start to experiment with creating upright animals :-) Now, a full body hair skintone...hmmmm.

Thanks Delphy!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 7:00 AM
If this means we can create our own body sliders, are you still working on your waist/hip/butt sliders, etc. for those of us who either don't have the time, or the knowledge to properly work these?

Some people can't even use the installer helper monkey without screwing their game up, so heaven help some people if they play with these.
Scholar
#22 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 2:26 PM
Thank you very much. Works really nicely, and I have started creating a few sliders, which works really well.

The only problem was a decimal separator issue in the BoneDeltaEditor, that means you should make sure to set your windows localisation setting to english number format if you have problems. I already submitted a patch for that to Delphy.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 10:55 PM Last edited by SkankBenSkank : 11th Nov 2009 at 11:12 PM.
Just tried it out trying to make a slider for the hips/butt area to go with your bewbie maker, and it worked out perfect, though I need to tweak it a good amount (sliders affect everything below the pelvis, too. Legs, feet, etc.)

My question is, does every slider have to be in it's own .package?
Because having an X, Y, and Z slider for the torso would mean 3x5 for the torso, 8x3 for the legs, and 12x3 for the arms, not including the twist/compression bonedeltas.

Would exporting all the resources from .packages and throwing them all in to 1 big one work? Or am I going to end up with a crap-load of .packages, seeing as I'll need 3 sliders to size the pelvis, and 24 to size the legs in the opposite direction.

Also, I heard you discovered a limit as to how many sliders you can add. What is it?

Thanks,
B

EDIT: [Add Entry]... For multiple bones.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'm an idiot.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 11:38 PM Last edited by Rez Delnava : 11th Nov 2009 at 11:44 PM. Reason: updated to include the actual number allowed by awesomemod.
Quote: Originally posted by SkankBenSkank

Also, I heard you discovered a limit as to how many sliders you can add. What is it?

Yes, there is, in the base-game, a limit of 20 sliders per region. If you are playing with awsomemod, Pescado took out the limit changed the limit to 50. However, if you add too many sliders to a region it can cause minor loading problems when entering CAS (read: it will get slower to load as you add more sliders, tho depending on the machine running the game).
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 6:51 AM
The 20 sliders per region also includes base game sliders. So you only have a few left in each section. The exact math is in the elf ears thread.

Page 1 of 3