Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Star Trek: TNG - Brent Spiner as Data - My 30th MTS upload :D

by MistyBlue Posted 18th Aug 2009 at 4:58 AM - Updated 28th Mar 2011 at 12:16 PM by mistyblue4

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 38 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Banned
#2 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 5:45 AM
Great Job Misty, he looks just like Brent/Data! :D
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:07 AM
OH my goodness, it looks just like him. He was my favorite character, this is wonderful. Thank you.

-C
Field Researcher
#4 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 6:59 AM
Beautiful, beautiful. You've outdone yourself Misty. Love the nose. :3
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 9:08 AM
It's only just occured to me how ridiculous it is that they could design an android so lifelike, but not be able to give him realistic skin!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 1:28 PM
Maybe that's part of his "intentional imperfection", since his brother Lore was perfect with the emotions and human behaviour but people were afraid of him. Though he had the same skin... Maybe their creator himself was pale?

Data is my favourite, too, and this recreation is magnificent! I will have fun playing with him, thank you!
As I think about it, is there somewhere a Sherlock Holmes coat, hat and pipe...?

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:10 PM
OMG!!!! It's DATA!!!! How cool is that? I love Data....

I don't take requests. :-)

"You with this lovely baby blue/green huge eyes and this evil touch...couldn't be more adorable" - My Vera
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:50 PM
He was always my favourite!
Great job on him Misty!

You know the way it twists and turns,changing colour,spining yarns
You know the way it leaves you dry, It cuts you up, it takes you high
You know the way it throws about,It takes you in and spits you out
Field Researcher
#9 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:52 PM
Oh he's perfect Misty!! Thank you so much!

Want to see all my Sims 2 creations, including my Star Trek items? Follow the link below to check out my Blog!

Puppetfish.Blogspot.com

Looking for Franny Sims Meshes? They can be found HERE!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 5:23 PM
He's perfect Misty! Wonderful job! :D
Field Researcher
#11 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 5:24 PM
Oh crap! That is so freaky how much he looks like the real thing. Beautifully done... even though I'm not a fan of Star Trek I have to download him. Maybe he can be a vampire in my hood.
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 9:48 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words, your comments mean a lot

SolidGoldFunk
- Thanks! A vampire, you say? Here's a video for ya :P

Alfred - Teehee, nose is one of my favorites parts as well, he started really looking like Data only when I made the nosemask :D

psychosim
- I'd love if there was a nice Sherlock outfit somewhere too. I bet Data would as well

rripley - LOL, yea, it occurred to me too. Dr. Soong did make a perfect android later though, an android of Data's "mother".
Test Subject
#13 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 9:49 PM
OMG! He's amazing. And it was so weird that I was just talking to my friend about the Ode To Spot (though she didn't care, none of my friends give Star Trek the time of day), and Data, and when I opened MTS, it was the first download I saw. I totally love Data! Thanks XD But I need a Sims 3 version and starfleet uniforms lol.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:36 PM
I get the message that I don't have an expansion pack needed to install Data. I can't see any expansion pack listed here so what can the problem be? I get the same message about McCoy in your original Star Trek cast pack.

Data here looks great, so 'lifelike'
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:50 PM
duckquavertorch - Well, you can't blame your friends, even Riker fell asleep during the reading of Ode to Spot It's the cutest poem tho. I probably won't be making any ST sims for Sims 3 any time soon (still can't get used to to the lack of BodyShop), but maybe someone else will.

majkinja - Sometimes the Maxis installer reports an error where there shouldn't be one. Use CleanInstaller, or if you're on a Mac, use MacUnpac, and your problem should be solved
Test Subject
#16 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 11:58 PM
Data! I love Data so much (and his cat spot ;D)
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 1:11 AM
Oooh I love him! My favorite character! :D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:37 AM
The nose is *clears throat a bit* "spot" on lol. Thank you - he's by far my fav Star Trek character!
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:30 AM
Very awesome! I was waiting to see your Data after seeing your amazing Jean-Luc and I'm not disappointed. Very well done!
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:41 AM
Misty you have done an amazin job! Star Trek the Next Generation has and always will be my all time favourite Sci-Fi. Data is also one of my favourite characters when I was growing up I love your work Misty, absolutely and totaly well done!!!
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 11:45 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments!! I'm happy you like my version of Data, he was another sim I was reluctant to make as he's been done so many times over the years, but now I'm glad I did
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:21 PM
Weee Data! he looks awesome! wonderful work
Test Subject
#23 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 5:51 PM
Whoa! This is the best Data that I'm seen! He is my favorite character of the Star Trek TNG serie (that I think that is the best one of the Star Trek TV series in my opinion).

Thank you for share it with all us!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:27 PM
I was just thinking that I needed a good Data for my Star Trek 'hood, and here he is! Another amazing Star Trek sim! Thank you!

"When it melts, what does snow become?"
"It becomes...spring!" -Fruits Basket
Bowties are cool.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:45 PM
Thanks, you guys, hope you'll have fun with him! At least in your game he doesn't need an emotion chip

pegasus - I always loved TNG a little better than other ST shows too. They were all great, but I have such fond memories of TNG so the nostalgia always gets the best of me (LOL).
Page 1 of 2