Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 8:16 PM
Good update, Sir Crau! Same for the winged fellow's suggestions.
Hm. I'm posting my sketch even though it's heavily unpretty, maybe you can use parts of it, too. Please forgive my laziness. After all that schoolwork, I'm just not in the mood for describing my ideas with words.

Explanation for the sake of understanding my sketch fail:
1) Wooden columns w/ roof (for all the towers, I just didn't want to draw the other ones, too).
2) More wooden colums, this time covered with tiles (+ a little border fence for decorative purposes?)
3) Lethe-y crenelations from here.
4) Some handy columns that look like half a -ax²+b parabola (mathie fails at explaining, too! Know what I mean?). /me forgot where it came from, but it's a very popular item.
5) These windows look out of place!
6) Olemantiker's decorative chains: click me. This set also has a lot of romanesque-y items which IMHO might suit your castle better than the gothic ones you're using.
No. 7) somehow makes the gate appear small and less impressive. Don't know what you can do about this, though...
8) That roof's pretty odd! /me thinks you need an extra story.

Again...good luck + hope that helps.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 9:10 PM
That was much better to understand than a bunch of words.
Well, excuse me for editing your pic Simulitis, just a little idea to completing your suggestions. Here it is.

Field Researcher
#28 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 2:26 AM Last edited by Serena_Moonstone : 18th Aug 2009 at 2:40 AM.
Ok.. Here is my castle... It's always evolving..and it isn't completly finnished. I hope this inspires you a bit.

Gladebrook Castle

Full View

Full View by Floor

Front of Castle...Complete with Portcullis and Drawbridge.

Some Pics of the Main Courtyard

Inside Pics....

Throne Room (Great Room) 2 Story Room

Dining Room

Kitchen

Treasure Room

I apologize for inline pics...but it would have taken forever to upload them to MTSi's server.

It is on the biggest lot. It has an outer wall aswell as a second hallway wall around the castle allowing access to all rooms as well as better security. It has 4 towers, accesible by spiral staircases.

There are 4 bedrooms, as well as a study/famliy room. My servant's bedroom is on the top of one of the towers.

I haven't put in a moat yet, but I am considering it.

BTW, I love you castle so far. It looks very interesting. It just needs some tweaking.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 2:45 AM
Things in my castle that I recolored.

Fairybulosa fences, the castle edging ones and the chain ones.

Lethe_s buttresses

UK1967's Medieval wall

Nanisims Medieval Fence

These were all recolored to match the Reichenstein and Wartburg walls from the Sims 1, which I have also extracted. I plan on releasing a huge recolored collection of castle build items to match these walls. I still have like 6 things to recolor...and UK1967's wall isn't co-operating

I also plan on recoloring the maxis windows to match as well as the gargoyles.

I very much suggest the Fairybulosa castle build set to help you jazz up your castle..It has everything from roof deco, drawbridge chains, windows, doors, collums, and turrets.
http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=353497
Field Researcher
#30 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 2:51 AM
o__O *blows up* These look amazing. You guys have definitely inspired me lol. Thanks to OP for thread

There are three sides to a story:
Your side, the other person's side and the truth.

The Sims Cubed
Scholar
#31 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:52 AM
Serena_Moonstone-Well done!You should upload it!It's amazing!I also like castles and magical buildings,look at my profile.This one is very,very good.But where did you get treasure and the magic orb in treasure room?
Great work!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 7:54 AM Last edited by VladCrau : 18th Aug 2009 at 2:22 PM.
*faints when sees all the suggestions* Oh... my... GOD!
I don't even know where to start... I mean... err... I just got out of bed, and now I see all of this... is too much for me!
Seriously, it's great, guys! It's seems my hands full for the coming days. I juts have to go out to pay a few bills, and I'm free for the rest of the day. Be back later to comment your suggestions.

EDIT: I've downloaded the Fairybulosa set, now I'm trying to get Lethe_s buttresses ("trying" being the key word. Crappy computer!). *takes one last look at the suggestions and goes to teak the castle*

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:13 PM
I would upload it..but there is wayyyyy too much cc. And a few pay items. And I have all expansions, though I might build stuff on a second crappy comp with only a few..or I could use the any game starter I suppose. The last time I tried to package my castle my game crashed. Plus there is that fact most ppl probably wouldn't be able to use it. I could make a smaller version with a moat maybe.

I do like where Vlad's castle is going so far...I hope he uploads it when it is done. I really have no skills in fancy building. Though lately it seems I've been excellent at tudor houses. Well I'm getting a bt off topic now.

Anyways, I got the treasure from Sapphire Sims

I got the glowing orb light from Adele's Second Earth Set (alien) It's in the April 09 Sci Fi Asperation Set at Wicked Nouk Family...but It's been down lately.

Quote: Originally posted by pegasaus
Serena_Moonstone-Well done!You should upload it!It's amazing!I also like castles and magical buildings,look at my profile.This one is very,very good.But where did you get treasure and the magic orb in treasure room?
Great work!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:15 PM
You know I just thought of something for a castle. Mabe there is a badminton thingy out in cyberspace... Nobles used to play that game back in the day.

I also think on my castle I might remove the dining room and move the kitchen closer to the great hall. I might then put the dining table in the great hall.... being that I believe they used to eat in the great hall back in the day. This way I'd have an even bigger courtyard maybe.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#35 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 3:47 PM
Yet another update

Though I should a few notes:
-the reason the dungeon tower looks the way it does is really simple: because each side is 5 squares long, and each diagonal is 2 squares long, I couldn't fit any roof directly on it, so I added another square floor.
-I forgot to add the chains to the drawbridge. Sorry, Serena...

Now, on to the pics (feel free to Paint them! )

EDIT: Serena, a badminton court sounds great. I believe there's an Astrotrurf upload on MTS that would go fine with that idea. But I can't think where I could put any more things on the lot. Anyway, after I'm done with this castle, I want to do another one. Maybe I'll put a court there
Screenshots

Scholar
#36 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 4:02 PM
If you want to upload this,you need to turn off shadows in your game.And use roof angle tool to make roof higher on towers.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 5:20 PM
Pegasus, what did you write on the second pic? It's not very visible.

Instructor
#38 Old 18th Aug 2009 at 9:43 PM
I just wanted to say I like what you've got so far because my impression is not one of overwhelming, solid stone. I'm certainly not a historian but I think a true medieval defensive installation would have had a lot of wood in nonessential areas.

Adele has a new web site here
Field Researcher
#39 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:49 AM
Thank you for the tip. I might start a new castle too.

Thanks also for the link to Adele...I will add it to my list.

Quote: Originally posted by bubbajoe62
I just wanted to say I like what you've got so far because my impression is not one of overwhelming, solid stone. I'm certainly not a historian but I think a true medieval defensive installation would have had a lot of wood in nonessential areas.

Adele has a new web site here
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:47 AM
Thanks, bubba. I'm glad you like it. Hopefully, the castle will be ready for upload in a few days. It just has to be tweaked a bit and given a name.
Which reminds me, while your looking at the castle, please think of a name. Until further notice, the castle will be referred to as "Craudalv", as suggested by RiBlan in the first "Help me build a castle" thread.
Serena, when are you planning to start that castle? I want to help out too!

Scholar
#41 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 8:55 AM
bubbajoe62-Thank you for link!It will be very useful!

VladCrau-I wrote that you should repeat that stone fence on both sides of courtyard walls.And add windows,balcony over main door,move that arch in the middle,add one more 'column' under existing balcony.And delete that wood window and use three,four bigger windows,next to each other.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 2:06 PM
pegasus, the stone fence is cloned from a column. Wouldn't putting it on each side of the 2 tile-wide walls block the patch of every sim?

Scholar
#43 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VladCrau
pegasus, the stone fence is cloned from a column. Wouldn't putting it on each side of the 2 tile-wide walls block the patch of every sim?

You are right,I forgot that!But I have another idea,you can delete old 'column' fence and do this:one tile half wall,next tile fence,next half wall,again fence.I hope that you understand this.It's similar to roof of Palace of Neverending Light or Fortress of Eternal Darkness.If you have witch,go there and see how it's made.
I hope you understand what I mean
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#44 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:07 PM
Yeah, but it looks so medieval right now...

Scholar
#45 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 4:32 PM
VladCrau-Can you upload more pictures?I want to see how castle looks now

Edit-if you don't like 'half wall' way fence,you can use fence from Fairybulosa set,it's medieval!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 6:00 PM
I think he downloaded it already...Though the original color is kinda scary.... I do like the recolor Kalimero did but I needed one more like stone...so that's why I recolored them for my castle anyways......You can see a good pic of them in my castle's courtyard.

I was thinking of a name......It has a little ancient roman flavor to it...which is nice because they did come from there originally. I keep thinking welsh though....maybe because of all the water.

I think I'll think about names for a bit and get back to you on that
#47 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:08 PM
Serena_Moonstone: Wow! That isn`t a *castle*, it`s a [censored] [bleep] PALACE! Want! ::drool::

VladCrau: It`s comming along *very* nicely!
Quote: Originally posted by VladCrau
Also, I'm still waiting for name suggestions.

It just has to be tweaked a bit and given a name.
Which reminds me, while your looking at the castle, please think of a name. Until further notice, the castle will be referred to as "Craudalv", as suggested by RiBlan in the first "Help me build a castle" thread.
What, you didn`t like the Vladholme suggestion I made in that thread?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#48 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 7:26 PM
Sorry, General. Vladholme sounds too much like a reference to me, while Craudalv sounds a bit more... Norse. It's not that I don't appreciate the suggestion or anything, I'm just looking for a name that sounds authentic.

#49 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 8:10 PM
It *was* a reference to you, but it was *also* intended to sound Norse-ish. ::shrug:: *I* think it sounds "authentic" enough, and don`t much care for "Craudalv", which clearly is *also* a reference to you. No offence, RiBlan; it just doesn`t ring *my* bell.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Field Researcher
#50 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 10:12 PM
I guess in thinking norse like I like Craudalv.....but it sounds more carpathian than norse to me. I'm going to look up some norse mythology if norse is the direction you are going
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: do not delete - contains useful infos & links (uploaded but still useful to lot builders)
Page 2 of 3